Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

hehe! yeah no new Valkyrie till the new year sadly.. -_- I also found another model car pretty cheap too! but its coming from Italy so it might take a while to get down here.. <_<

this tank was second hand of course but is in perfect condition with nothing missing! And I got it for a fairly reasonable price including all the figures! Looks awesome on display! B))

I'd love to weather it but I don't have the skills to do so and would have to get someone to do that for me but in all honesty the tank looks great as it is! yeah its a bit shiny but meh I still love it! ^_^

my son is mega jealous as he is the one who put me on to the series but spent all his money replacing his xb1 and a new gaming headset but he wants one of these now too! oh well.. you can only choose one thing mate! :p:lol:

You know spanner you can always get seconds or thirds when going for valks. Focus !

I finally started picking up some new Macross stuff after being out of the hobby for a while. I ended up getting a VF-25F Super Messiah, RVF-25 Super Messiah with the ghost fighter and missile accessory kit, VF-25G Tornado, VF-27 Lucifer, VF-171 EX Nightmare withe super plus parts and finally a Yamato VF-4.

Edited by Weaseldancer

I finally started picking up some new Macross stuff after being out of the hobby for a while. I ended up getting a VF-25F Super Messiah, RVF-25 Super Messiah with the ghost fighter and missile accessory kit, VF-G Tornado, VF-27 Lucifer, VF-171 EX Nightmare withe super plus parts and finally a Yamato VF-4.

congrats on all the stuff! that is quite a good hobby re-start haul! B))

found another model car going cheap. one of these Autoart Signature 1955 Le Mans winners, to replace the one I sold a while back and regretted doing so ever since..

Its been opened and displayed but in perfect condition apparently and one third cheaper than the one I had originally! ^_^

post-21335-0-67091200-1476847051_thumb.jpg

Panzer vor!!! :D

yep so this happened! loved the anime! and when I found out these huge tanks existed along with the scale figures to match I knew I had to have a set of my very own! and wow does it look awesome! B))

This thing is HUGE!!! :o nicely detailed and the character figures are so cute! ^_^

attachicon.gifpanzer01.jpgattachicon.gifpanzer02.jpgattachicon.gifpanzer03.jpgattachicon.gifpanzer04.jpg

attachicon.gifpanzer05.jpgattachicon.gifpanzer06.jpgattachicon.gifpanzer07.jpgattachicon.gifpanzer08.jpg

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang.

Got these two last week. I know I'm super late on getting the Metal Builds. But I'm just planning on getting Setsuna's Suits. :wub: For some reasons, his units is not so heavy redesigned like Kira's Freedoom and Strike Freedom. But yeah, they're super expensive.

Also, the DX Perceval came with bended head lasers. Any way that you can remove the head lasers? Can I just pull it out without damaging the pegs?

Haha you should have approach me cos i was contemplating on selling my metal builds to make way for more macross stuff. Joking seeing that bandai is coming up with more MBs from the UC era and my love for both macross and gundams, its hard to give up on MBs given the weight and details. Did you get the reissued double 0 raiser set?

For the laser i would suggest removing the head unit and dipping the lasers in warm water and straightening them before they have cooled down

Edited by recon

Haha you should have approach me cos i was contemplating on selling my metal builds to make way for more macross stuff. Joking seeing that bandai is coming up with more MBs from the UC era and my love for both macross and gundams, its hard to give up on MBs given the weight and details. Did you get the reissued double 0 raiser set?

For the laser i would suggest removing the head unit and dipping the lasers in warm water and straightening them before they have cooled down

Hahaha! :lol: Well, just so you know, I'm still in the market for an extra Exia/Repair3 and the Exia Repair. As for the Double O Raiser set, no. For the price it's going nowadays, it's too much for me. And that being said, for that price, I can managed on getting 2 Seven Swords and the 0Raiser. ;) This is the first time I bought any Gundam-related figures after 2012. And mostly are Robot Damashii. I haven't seen any UC era suits for Metal Builds. And if they do, I will stay away after I finished getting Setsuna's suits sans the exclusives.

Thanks for the Perceval tip. I'll try to do that over the weekend. ^_^

It'll spell the end of my wallet if Bandai started releasing metal builds of classic UC mobile suits. Don't really care for any mobile suits past the Char's Counterattack era.

Ouch. Not a big fan of the Unicorn and Sinanju, eh? :rolleyes:

I lost the comparison photos that I took of between the HWR Monster and the Girls und Panzer tank when I returned my (potentially explosive) Samsung Note 7.. <_< forgot to back up some things.. :rolleyes:

this gives a much better idea on how big these bloody tanks actually are! the HWR is big as it is but the tanks almost dwarfs it! :o:D

20161019_181459.jpg

20161019_181521.jpg

20161019_181535.jpg

Got these two last week. I know I'm super late on getting the Metal Builds. But I'm just planning on getting Setsuna's Suits. :wub: For some reasons, his units is not so heavy redesigned like Kira's Freedoom and Strike Freedom. But yeah, they're super expensive. :cray:

0016DA94-075E-48A2-98FC-F4AA62609AD2_zps

Also, the DX Perceval came with bended head lasers. Any way that you can remove the head lasers? Can I just pull it out without damaging the pegs?

Where did you get the Repair III?

It'll spell the end of my wallet if Bandai started releasing metal builds of classic UC mobile suits. Don't really care for any mobile suits past the Char's Counterattack era.

If i may tempt ya, news is that bandai is releasing a MB F91

post-88-0-32042500-1476905038_thumb.jpg

That tank is HUGE!!!!!

that's what she said! :o*cough* I mean.. it is eh! :D

Is it 1/18 scale?

I think it's 1/12.. let me just google that... yes is 1/12! B))

Yeah, I've been eyeing that tank for a while but just never puled the trigger on it. It looks amazing!

I absolutely love it! I wish I had the skills needed to up the detail on it.. a bit of weathering, some (minor) battle damage or scuffs.. might have to hand it over to Lancelot for that! hehe! :lol:

I lost the comparison photos that I took of between the HWR Monster and the Girls und Panzer tank when I returned my (potentially explosive) Samsung Note 7.. <_< forgot to back up some things.. :rolleyes:

this gives a much better idea on how big these bloody tanks actually are! the HWR is big as it is but the tanks almost dwarfs it! :o:D

*snip*

That looks big! :blink: How much was it again? ;)

Where did you get the Repair III?

Mandarake. ^_^

If i may tempt ya, news is that bandai is releasing a MB F91

A big fan of UC here. But not the Formula series. :rolleyes: This will be smaller than the current Metal Build Gundams, right? If they're following the standard 1/100 scale, then this one is 3cm shorter than Exia.

Panzer vor!!! :D

yep so this happened! loved the anime! and when I found out these huge tanks existed along with the scale figures to match I knew I had to have a set of my very own! and wow does it look awesome! B))

This thing is HUGE!!! :o nicely detailed and the character figures are so cute! ^_^

attachicon.gifpanzer01.jpgattachicon.gifpanzer02.jpgattachicon.gifpanzer03.jpgattachicon.gifpanzer04.jpg

attachicon.gifpanzer05.jpgattachicon.gifpanzer06.jpgattachicon.gifpanzer07.jpgattachicon.gifpanzer08.jpg

What scale is this tank?

Edit: oops, NVM!

Edited by warrhead

I've seen similar for less than $200...Here, for example.

Edit: Oh, and here for the same version and yeah, several as in a few hundred...

I saw the other type of tank from the series (the one from HLJ) but I prefer the movie version tank!

I paid about 40k yen posted for the tank and the figures. so yeah several hundred..

Oh yeah, the figures included make that a really good deal.

That le mans car is beautiful by the way.

I saw both the tank and the girls brand new from a few other places including NY but couldn't justify the extra hundreds on top just for getting brand new.

The Autoart D-Type is a really nice thing and I had one before but I also had the Exoto D-type and that thing was just insane how much detail and build quality went into it! I'd love/prefer to have another Exoto again but I cant justify the ridiculous price they demand these days.. They start on ebay at about $1300 (aud) which is about double what I paid originally for mine! kicking myself for selling it off.. but the money did go towards more Valkyries so I don't feel so bad..

A big fan of UC here. But not the Formula series. :rolleyes: This will be smaller than the current Metal Build Gundams, right? If they're following the standard 1/100 scale, then this one is 3cm shorter than Exia.

Yes it would be 3cm shorter in 1/100 scale. Am still contemplating on the F91 as im not really a formula one fan. If bandai releases a EX-S, GP-01/03 etc, its an instant buy for me

I saw both the tank and the girls brand new from a few other places including NY but couldn't justify the extra hundreds on top just for getting brand new.

The Autoart D-Type is a really nice thing and I had one before but I also had the Exoto D-type and that thing was just insane how much detail and build quality went into it! I'd love/prefer to have another Exoto again but I cant justify the ridiculous price they demand these days.. They start on ebay at about $1300 (aud) which is about double what I paid originally for mine! kicking myself for selling it off.. but the money did go towards more Valkyries so I don't feel so bad..

Oh man, i wanted the GuP figma stuff so much I love GuP!

but....im not brave enough to have a bunch of anime girls on my desk. Even if they are in a giant tank.