Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

This one arrived today. So gorgeous for a 3P 1/72 Mech Worrior (Gundam). And it's cheaper than Metal Builds. :wub:

MoShow-AileStrike1_zpszv0c56yc.jpg

MoShow-AileStrike2_zpsfkbjsnzq.jpg

MoShow-AileStrike3_zpswocdzczn.jpg

Very intrigued by this item. Would love to hear a more in depth review from you about it when you get a chance. Paint apps, joint tightness, build quality, that sort of thing. Do you own any Metal Builds that you would be able to use as a basis of comparison?

Very intrigued by this item. Would love to hear a more in depth review from you about it when you get a chance. Paint apps, joint tightness, build quality, that sort of thing. Do you own any Metal Builds that you would be able to use as a basis of comparison?

Hahaha! I don't do reviews, sir. :lol: What I did too is just research over YouTube for review of this one. And that's what made me decide to get one since it's cheaper than the Metal Build itself. But do note that this is 1/72 scale so it's bigger than Metal Builds which are 1/100. And no, I don't have Metal Build figures. Though I bought my first one which is used via Mandarake this week and I'm just waiting for a confirmation.

This is the video review that I've watched:

Some members already posted some photos of this one before over the Gundam thread. Didn't know at first.

Hope that helps. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

Hahaha! I don't do reviews, sir. :lol: What I did too is just research over YouTube for review of this one. And that's what made me decide to get one since it's cheaper than the Metal Build itself. But do note that this is 1/72 scale so it's bigger than Metal Builds which are 1/100. And no, I don't have Metal Build figures. Though I bought my first one which is used via Mandarake this week and I'm just waiting for a confirmation.

This is the video review that I've watched:

Hope that helps. ;)

Well, OK, maybe review wasn't quite the right word. I wasn't expecting a video or multi paragraph write up or anything. Perhaps 'in-depth and/or general opinion' would be better. Thanks for the video review link. It will definitely be helpful.

And on a side note I'm surprised they are able to get away with using the actual Gundam name. Something like Gundoom or some such would have been more of what I would have expected.

Edited by Boobytrap

Well, OK, maybe review wasn't quite the right word. I wasn't expecting a video or multi paragraph write up or anything. Perhaps 'in-depth and/or general opinion' would be better. Thanks for the video review link. It will definitely be helpful.

And on a side note I'm surprised they are able to get away with using the actual Gundam name. Something like Gundoom or some such would have been more of what I would have expected.

Actually, they didn't. On their second batch release it says Mech Worrior. And from what I've read from some sites and forums, they might shut down because of Bandai. That's why I bought one now just in case the price of this one goes up. But there's no confirmation yet if that's true though their Facebook page is already gone. Some store sites says there's still doing a 1/100 00Qant.

Actually, they didn't. On their second batch release it says Mech Worrior. And from what I've read from some sites and forums, they might shut down because of Bandai. That's why I bought one now just in case the price of this one goes up. But there's no confirmation yet if that's true though their Facebook page is already gone. Some store sites says there's still doing a 1/100 00Qant.

Ah, that explains why the Facebook link I found didn't work. Guess they are finding out the hard way that there's only so much intellectual theft a large company like Bandai will let you get away with.

The strike is one of my top favorite Gundams so it would be hard to pass on one but if they aren't going to make any more in a matching scale it will make me think twice. I really liked the idea of a 1/72 scale as I already have plenty of PG and MG models and having something that fit in between, with MB quality and aesthetics, would have been perfect.

Lots of good stuff came in today, spread across three packages I got all these goodies.

attachicon.gif20161004_215149.jpg

Everything is pretty damn great, except Figuarts Widow, she's a bit disappointing as far as articulation goes. The Figuarts Turtles are awesome, they feel really premium and heavy, Jigen is great, I needed him to go with Lupin. And I must say, I like my Jango Figuarts, he's a bit loose around the waist but it's only on his ammo belt thing, which is supposed to move. DX Figma Link is highly recommended, great little figure and the DX comes with all of the extra little goodies. I'll break into the brownies at some point, not a big rush on those, I love me some Hi-Metal R valks, but all this other new stuff needs to be messed with first.

nice haul! multiples of the CF variant are always a good thing!

This one arrived today. So gorgeous for a 3P 1/72 Mech Worrior (Gundam). And it's cheaper than Metal Builds. :wub:

looks impressive! even though I know nothing of Gundam at all.. this thing does indeed look special! B))

Ah, that explains why the Facebook link I found didn't work. Guess they are finding out the hard way that there's only so much intellectual theft a large company like Bandai will let you get away with.

The strike is one of my top favorite Gundams so it would be hard to pass on one but if they aren't going to make any more in a matching scale it will make me think twice. I really liked the idea of a 1/72 scale as I already have plenty of PG and MG models and having something that fit in between, with MB quality and aesthetics, would have been perfect.

And like I said, it's cheap. So grab one now. ;) Mine cost around $120 shipping included. And did I mention that this one lights up? :rolleyes: But I guess you already knew that from the video review that I've posted. Hehehe. :lol:

looks impressive! even though I know nothing of Gundam at all.. this thing does indeed look special! B))

Grab one too Spanner. This is more mean looking than the 3P MPP. :rolleyes:

MoShow-AileStrike2_zpsfkbjsnzq.jpg

MoShow-AileStrike3_zpswocdzczn.jpg

Good pick up here. I've messed with mine for a few months now and I think it is the finest gundam toy in my collection. Articulation, paint, detail, lights and sliding panels galore. The only thing it's missing is an opening cockpit. The only real flaw I've found is that there are some small stress marks developing around the inner knuckles. No cracks, but it is somehthing to look out for while playing with it.

Grab one too Spanner. This is more mean looking than the 3P MPP. :rolleyes:

it certainly looks very cool but nahhh.. just not into Gundam at all.

my Autoart Signature Lamborghini Countach Walter Wolf edition arrived today! And what a stunner it is! :wub:

@derex.. those gold wheels and highlights really work on it! It makes it scream 1970's at you! I love it! :D

post-21335-0-37603800-1475834604_thumb.jpg

Edited by spanner

Good pick up here. I've messed with mine for a few months now and I think it is the finest gundam toy in my collection. Articulation, paint, detail, lights and sliding panels galore. The only thing it's missing is an opening cockpit. The only real flaw I've found is that there are some small stress marks developing around the inner knuckles. No cracks, but it is somehthing to look out for while playing with it.

Ok. Will take note of that. Thank you sir! ;)

my Autoart Signature Lamborghini Countach Walter Wolf edition arrived today! And what a stunner it is! :wub:

@derex.. those gold wheels and highlights really work on it! It makes it scream 1970's at you! I love it! :D

attachicon.gif20161007_161533.jpg

That's cool looking Lambo, Spanner. B)) Looks good besides Perceval and Draken. ;)

Nice. Not into Gundam either.

I'm into Gundam collecting before but I stopped when I left most of my Gundam kits in the Philippines. The ones that I have here is some Robot Spirit ones. And this is the first time I had a 'Metal Build'-esque figures and quite frankly they look impressive. Even for a 3rd Party. I recently bought a used Exia/Repair III over Mandarake as my first official Metal Build figure. Not planning on collecting Gundams again but it's more like one or two selectives. Mostly on planning to get Setsuna's Metal Build Gundams. As much as I would like to get the Metal Composite RX-78-2 Origin, decided not to since it's not the RX-78-2 that I knew. And people might think why not get the old Metal Composite RX-78-2 then? Which is not also the RX-78-2 that I like because that one is a Ver.Ka. If it's more like the Master Grade Ver.3 look, I might get one just to have a premium RX-78-2 figure. ;)

But enough about Gundam... ^_^

attachicon.gif20161007_161533.jpg

Looks amazing!

I'm intrigued by the Metal Build and this 3rd party Gundam but it's a road I don't want to go down, LOL! IF they start making some figures from G-Gundam, I might be hurting.

Here's one of my latest purchases:

Spiderman_MM_DSC04337_zpshgf53bge.jpgSpiderman_MM_DSC04338_zpsofbxwo6h.jpgSpiderman_MM_DSC04341_zpsti4dwlg8.jpgSpiderman_MM_DSC04336_zpsszosbral.jpg

MCU can suck it as far as figures go...It's all about comic style for me!

Looks amazing!

I'm intrigued by the Metal Build and this 3rd party Gundam but it's a road I don't want to go down, LOL! IF they start making some figures from G-Gundam, I might be hurting.

Here's one of my latest purchases:

Spiderman_MM_DSC04336_zpsszosbral.jpg

MCU can suck it as far as figures go...It's all about comic style for me!

I have seen a friends metal build Gundam and it certainly is an impressive bit of kit! ^_^

Cool spiderman figure too! B))

I have seen a friends metal build Gundam and it certainly is an impressive bit of kit! ^_^

Cool spiderman figure too! B))

Hopefully I can check one out in person sometime to see if I want to dabble in the line.

Thanks about the Spidey figure! They are pretty fun, I just ordered the new Revo Comic style Spiderman so I'm really looking forward to getting that thing, especially the accessories that come with it.

A bit late to the discussion, but I gave away most of my 1/18 cars when I moved. Most were just Bburago/Ertl etc, nothing really valuable. Only kept one, my AutoArt blue Diablo SV. My first and only AA. (I've wanted a nice Countach for years, but I'm so picky about the Countach that neither the Kyosho nor AA has seemed right for me)

I'd like an Aventador, especially white---but again, I'm picky---I don't want black wheels.

got my hands on a vf-11b from one of the members over at robotoyfest today. i'm not sure. but i think i've got all the hero valks.

is the brown vf-1j a hikaru valk.

anyways is there a list of all the hero valks that were made.

Nice! congrats on the 11B! B))

Kakizaki's tan colored VF-1A in the TV series is as close to "hero" as a (sorta) brownie Valk is gonna get im thinking.. :unsure:

there is probably a list somewhere but I think its just going to say what has already been said about brownie hero valks and their non existence.. but hey I could be wrong! :rolleyes: