Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

So the valk will become transformers Jetfire lowvis^^

Nah.

Thankyou:) Yes the colour on this low vis is very similar to actual jet plane

For a low vis HMR version, check out this guy's project. Once my cannon fodders come in I'm giving him one of the spare VF-1A heads to paint up and use. Pretty cool.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=43857

my Lamborghini Aventador from Mandarake arrived today! I was a wee bit nervous about the condition it was going to arrive in as it was listed as opened with box damage but to my pleasant surprise the model itself is 100% perfect!

yeah the box has a little damage and corner creasing but im the important thing is the model is pristine!

Also found a good deal on a Autoart Lamborghini Countach Walter Wolf edition in blue from a guy (sorta) locally.. same state but country about 5 hours drive away but he's going to post it as that's way too far to go pick up a model car..

so here's a pic of my new Lambo! hope you like it! I have to say the white is much nicer than the original orange one I had.. white looks much more elegant don't you think!? these recent model car purchases have definitely re-ignited my old passion for these things! still gotta keep it under control so im going to limit it to things I didn't have previously (aside this one but the color is different) and stuff a little more interesting..

post-21335-0-16800700-1475553488_thumb.jpg

Edited by spanner

my Lamborghini Aventador from Mandarake arrived today! I was a wee bit nervous about the condition it was going to arrive in as it was listed as opened with box damage but to my pleasant surprise the model itself is 100% perfect!

yeah the box has a little damage and corner creasing but im the important thing is the model is pristine!

Also found a good deal on a Autoart Lamborghini Countach Walter Wolf edition in blue from a guy (sorta) locally.. same state but country about 5 hours drive away but he's going to post it as that's way too far to go pick up a model car..

so here's a pic of my new Lambo! hope you like it! I have to say the white is much nicer than the original orange one I had.. white looks much more elegant don't you think!? these recent model car purchases have definitely re-ignited my old passion for these things! still gotta keep it under control so im going to limit it to things I didn't have previously (aside this one but the color is different) and stuff a little more interesting..

20161004_143249.jpg

You know what im gonna say spanner XD

Jokes aside, that lambo looks awesome. How is the detail inside?

You know what im gonna say spanner XD

Jokes aside, that lambo looks awesome. How is the detail inside?

hehe! then please don't say it! :p:lol:

I bought one of these very same models a while back but in orange and for over a third more than I paid for this white one but I sold it off. Luckily I didn't really lose much if any money on it.

Then what steered me to sell it you ask? Well Autoart labels these Aventador's as part of their "Signature" series of models. Compared to the Pagani Zonda R and even the Honda NSX (both "signature" series models) sitting right next to it, its simply not in the same league. Don't get me wrong its still a very lovely model but its not "signature" material and definitely not worth the asking price they demand. I was perfectly happy paying the same or more money on the Zonda R as its built so beautifully and with such a high level of eye catching and realistic details that more than qualify it as a "signature" product. I would rather label the Aventador as a "Millenium" or "Performance" series. Compared to the Autoart C7 Corvetter Z06 I also recently acquired, its really no better in terms of overall detail, quality and features. In fact the Corvette being made of plastic or how Autoart like to fancy it up as a "composite", actually has better panel fit and finish than the so called "Signature" series Aventador.. So in saying all of that, I simply couldn't justify the $330 plus delivery for the Lambo as it was and promptly sold it off and replaced it with another Peter Brock Commodore from Classic Carlectables.. of which I still own today AND it has greatly appreciated in value too I might add!

So going back to your question about the interior detail on the Aventador.. yeah its alright. Better than the more regular Autoart releases but again its no better than the plastic fantastic Corvette! The center console and seats sections which have been painted in body color have been done a little sloppily and the center stack & cluster moldings aren't quite as sharp or detailed as you'd expect from a "signature" model. Again the NSX & Zonda R knock it dead in this area.

So for the price I paid including delivery for this white Aventador are much more realistic for what you're actually getting so I'll be happily keeping this model. In the end it still looks really great and totally kicks butt of the cheaper brands of the same model car for example Maisto, BBurago, Rastar & Welly. The MR models are much finer and better quality but they are solid builds with no opening doors, trunk or engine bays.. and I simply don't buy solids. <_<

Nice Lambo! The Zonda is calling my name too!

Let it call! go to the voice my son.. goooo to the voice! its a gorgeous model and deserves to be purchased and enjoyed! LOL!

Wow so nice Spanner, I almost wanted to start collecting one, which maker/manufacturer is good bet?

yeah they are great fun to collect and admire but it can get expensive very quickly! especially when you're paying $150 to $300 (or higher) for each model.. Im fairly fussy when it comes to quality and details which limits purchases to the more higher end brands.

I only usually buy the likes of Autoart, TSM, CMC, Classic Carlectables & GMP. others like Minichamps and Biante but only on the odd occasion and only if the quality meets the right standard.. And I don't buy solids. I simply cannot justify the sometimes even higher costs of certain brands who make solid only models only to miss out on luxuries as opening doors, boots, bonnets and the details behind them. There are others even more expensive like Exoto which I've had in the past but they are more the museum quality brands and you pay an extreme premium for them! For example I had a 1956 Le Mans winning Jaguar D-Type and it was a stunner! the level of detail is just staggering!

But be warned! it can be addictive! I stopped collecting model cars a few years back and since the Macross Valkyrie purchases have slowed down I found myself back buying cars again! And the can of worms in slowly opening more and more!

Because most of my collecting goes to Macross, I usually buy 1/18 cars at Costco for $13 each. Die cast with opening parts and still get the representation of the car. :ph34r:

$13! :rofl:

You guys done got me searching for 1:18 cars online now =@

hehe! sorry bout dat! :p:lol:

Ebay for Autoarts sold new from sellers with a great history and free shipping in the US is the way I go. Same for HWE and others.

indeed good sir! indeed.. ^_^

Well, I found out my 959 actually is priced higher than the Autoart one, mine is from Motorbox. I never bothered comparing the differences in detail since mine was a gift but I suppose part of the difference is availability and the rare colors the Motorbox version comes in.

I'm mainly a VW group guy and specifically Audi and Porsche but I like everything under the umbrella. My grail other than the Sport quattro and 959 I already have is the B5 RS4 but I didn't find any for sale anymore. I should have just bought it back in the day when I had the chance. Anyway, the good thing about my preference is no one makes the models I want so I have nothing to buy. Money saved!

Well, I found out my 959 actually is priced higher than the Autoart one, mine is from Motorbox. I never bothered comparing the differences in detail since mine was a gift but I suppose part of the difference is availability and the rare colors the Motorbox version comes in.

I'm mainly a VW group guy and specifically Audi and Porsche but I like everything under the umbrella. My grail other than the Sport quattro and 959 I already have is the B5 RS4 but I didn't find any for sale anymore. I should have just bought it back in the day when I had the chance. Anyway, the good thing about my preference is no one makes the models I want so I have nothing to buy. Money saved!

I do like those 959 models! I have a few Autoart models book marked on ebay.. so im still umming and ahhing about it. Maybe one day..

Today I went for a drive to a hobby shop which is about an hour away to have a look through what they had. They have loads of stuff but most of it was out of my price range though I did find a 1:18 Autoart Alfa Romeo Montreal in pretty good condition going cheap. The box is quite shabby but that's not so critical especially considering the price I got it for.. ($100 AUD) Its red which is nice but ultimately I would have wanted one in the brown as I think it fits that 1970's era style. But im still perfectly happy with the red. The model is pretty much perfect aside the very small paint chip under the rear bumper which isn't noticeable unless your looking for it.

Always loved these Alfa Montreal's and to finally have one in my collection is a real treat! And this model is finished so well with fantastic details! Autoart has done a super job with it! Looks awesome on display!

post-21335-0-70421500-1475649078_thumb.jpg

got another one inbound.. Autoart Lamborghini Countach Walter Wolf Edition in blue! Cant wait for that to arrive!

post-21335-0-99402800-1475660552_thumb.jpg

After that arrives I will be completely out of display space! That's three cars per shelf and that's with the perspex shelf doublers I had made! 30 cars! (and growing)

Ran up against the 60-day limit on HLJ private warehouse so the Monster finally had to come home. I dunno, I think the way it dwarfs even a 1/60 Tomahawk is pretty impressive. Hoping the HMR version will maintain the quality they've put down with the other non-variable releases.

kB4er4y.png?1

I really want an AutoArt Countach but I just despise those gold wheels SO much!

I got to see the very same Countach im waiting for at that shop I went to yesterday and the gold wheels actually look really good in the flesh! Never been a fan of brightly colored wheels but on the Countach they just work!

Can't wait to get mine but its moving fairly slowly in the postage system. They had one at the shop but they wanted just over $100 more for it than I paid for the one I found..

Nice one!

I'd like a 25th Anniversary Countach in Yellow...but again, my (wallet's) luck, I don't see it available with a quick search.

I'd like one of each version of the V12 Lambos that have come out since the Countach.

These are nice to but again Autoart dropped the ball on the 25th Anniversary editions and even though they are listed as a "signature" series they just aren't up to that level. The Walter Wolf editions are higher details & better finished models which is kinda the reason why I got one. Im glad I got to get a hands on look at them. Certainly helps justify my purchase!

This one is the Kyosho version and they aren't as nicely finished or detailed as the Autoart cars.. They are still a nice thing and being a fair bit cheaper makes them very purchase worthy. But for me Kyosho just don't cut it anymore. I had a few Kyosho models in the past but they never progressed past a certain point of quality where as other makes got better.

I like that and pretty much all yellow lambos but it would be this, but in yellow.

Yeah would be nice but I don't think a winged Countach is available in yellow.. not by Autoart anyways unless you bought the yellow Kyosho model. Which im sure you'd still be happy with.

I got to see the very same Countach im waiting for at that shop I went to yesterday and the gold wheels actually look really good in the flesh! Never been a fan of brightly colored wheels but on the Countach they just work!

Can't wait to get mine but its moving fairly slowly in the postage system. They had one at the shop but they wanted just over $100 more for it than I paid for the one I found..

These are nice to but again Autoart dropped the ball on the 25th Anniversary editions and even though they are listed as a "signature" series they just aren't up to that level. The Walter Wolf editions are higher details & better finished models which is kinda the reason why I got one. Im glad I got to get a hands on look at them. Certainly helps justify my purchase!

This one is the Kyosho version and they aren't as nicely finished or detailed as the Autoart cars.. They are still a nice thing and being a fair bit cheaper makes them very purchase worthy. But for me Kyosho just don't cut it anymore. I had a few Kyosho models in the past but they never progressed past a certain point of quality where as other makes got better.

Yeah would be nice but I don't think a winged Countach is available in yellow.. not by Autoart anyways unless you bought the yellow Kyosho model. Which im sure you'd still be happy with.

Thanks for the info! Again, confirming that the specific cars I want for my collection basically don't exist. Money saved!

Another AutoArt, Kyosho fan here, and Minichamps too. I haven't bought any 1:18 die cast stuff in a long time due to just how expensive they've gotten over the last few years... much like Macross related merchandise, prohibitively so. The one item that will cause me to lose my resolve, that I'm actually eagerly waiting for, is AutoArt's 1/18 version of McLaren's P1 in Volcano Orange; I have their F1, in Platinum Silver, and MP4-12C, in Orange -- both superb.

yeah I'd love a P1 GTR in carbon finish! I think that would be epic! but must be built to their F1 GTR quality or better. A Porsche 918 would also be good to have! but yeah they are sooo expensive!

Today was a good day for deliveres.

nice grabs! congrats! B))

Lots of good stuff came in today, spread across three packages I got all these goodies.

post-12821-0-68571500-1475717259_thumb.jpg

Everything is pretty damn great, except Figuarts Widow, she's a bit disappointing as far as articulation goes. The Figuarts Turtles are awesome, they feel really premium and heavy, Jigen is great, I needed him to go with Lupin. And I must say, I like my Jango Figuarts, he's a bit loose around the waist but it's only on his ammo belt thing, which is supposed to move. DX Figma Link is highly recommended, great little figure and the DX comes with all of the extra little goodies. I'll break into the brownies at some point, not a big rush on those, I love me some Hi-Metal R valks, but all this other new stuff needs to be messed with first.