Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

ok so this isn't related to Macross in any way but it is still a toy.. a friggin awesome toy!! B))

this has been in the works for a little while now and I just finalized much of the (financial) details today in fact but im now the proud owner of a brand new 2016 Holden Commodore SS-V Redline edition! (a Chevy SS to you yanks! :p;))

6.2 liters of LS3 V8 muscle (400+ hp) and a manual gear box! Im picking her up tomorrow so its going to be one fine weekend for me! Its what I like to call my 40th birthday present to me! so yeah happy birthday to me! yay! :D

attachicon.gif20160802_113457.jpgattachicon.gif20160802_113438.jpg

Yes Spanner, that will work! Congrats and enjoy.

Thanks guys! It's like Christmas morning all over again! It's 2:30am here and I'm already wide awake and buzzed about getting the car today! Just can't sleep! I'm too excited about getting a new car! Gahhh!!! Also fingers crossed my HWR arrives today too!

Edited by spanner

ok so this isn't related to Macross in any way but it is still a toy.. a friggin awesome toy!! B))

this has been in the works for a little while now and I just finalized much of the (financial) details today in fact but im now the proud owner of a brand new 2016 Holden Commodore SS-V Redline edition! (a Chevy SS to you yanks! :p;))

6.2 liters of LS3 V8 muscle (400+ hp) and a manual gear box! Im picking her up tomorrow so its going to be one fine weekend for me! Its what I like to call my 40th birthday present to me! so yeah happy birthday to me! yay! :D

Awesome!!

I need to find one!

Same here. I am waiting for them to go online at planet steel express, tfsource, or the chosen prime.

Mount the Monster on the hood. :D

then it'll be a monster'd monster! :p:lol: a great idea though! will do! :D

Don't wrap it around a tree mate!!! :D:lol::blink:

I'll definitely try not to! speaking of which.. this is what happened when happily cruising along our local country roads and a Kangaroo (and a good sized one) jumped out in front of me back on boxing day 2005.. they say its better to just hit them rather than swerve but my natural reflex response was to try avoid him, I got the left side tires off the side of the road and the car just drifted away from me.. bang smack head on into a power pole. The car was an instant write off but I only sustained minor injuries. A few broken ribs, dislocated left knee cap when it hit the dashboard, and a scar on my forehead when my head hit the steering wheel (momo race, no airbag). This is a 1995 model VS Commodore. It stood up to the crash quite well actually! Considering I hit the pole at 40mph+ by the time some speed washed off.. ohh and I did actually clip the Roo too! there was a chunk of brown fur on the right front guard!

post-21335-0-08014100-1470333749_thumb.jpgpost-21335-0-12349900-1470333776_thumb.jpg

Edited by spanner

Oooh. Sweet ride indeed. :wub: And it comes in white too. Time to apply Roy's 1S decal now, Spanner. B))

I'd receive those yesterday! VF-1A Angel Birds v.2 1/60 and VF-1A Hikaru DYRL v.2 1/60 with Super&Strike parts! Very lucky to get the Angel Birds at reasonable price!

Wow! How much reasonable is reasonable for Angel Birds? ;)

My newest addition! VF-2SS SAP ARMOR!

Nice! I know. I know. But It's still looks nice. ^_^ Atleast it's good to know that stands are included in the separate SAP release. Hope I can get mine today EOD at work. Based on tracking it's already been picked up by our mail guy and it's already in the mail distribution center. If not, then I will see those on Monday when I get back. :D

Oooh. Sweet ride indeed. :wub: And it comes in white too. Time to apply Roy's 1S decal now, Spanner. B))

I know right! how cool would some vinyl look on it! I cant remember where I saw it but there was this guy who put some vinyls on his Subaru and it looked kinda cool! B))

Spanner was a trade, I gave him a brand new MP Transformers Shockwave Takara and he gave me the VF-1A Angel birds v.2 1/60

Wow! That's a bargain I might say. Congrats! ;)

I know right! how cool would some vinyl look on it! I cant remember where I saw it but there was this guy who put some vinyls on his Subaru and it looked kinda cool! B))

Take a pick, Spanner. ^_^ :wub:

10080633a3.jpg

10080632a3.jpg

Whatever that is its cool! ^^^^^

I like things that if you keep it 50 years people will be like wtf is that!

Haha thanks man. It's a critter from the movie critters. Found an artist on fb that makes them. Not cheap but it's 100 percent handmade and painted

thanks buddy! I tell ya those Chevy V8's are a right gem! 6.2L of burley LS3 goodness! hehe! 4 door vette! :D

Maybe a better way to put is: A 4 door Camaro, with a Vette's heart.

and yes, absolutely, that is one of the sweetest engines i've ever played with.

Edited by vlenhoff

Maybe a better way to put is: A 4 door Camaro, with a Vette's heart.

and yes, absolutely, that is one of the sweetest engines i've ever played with.

hehe! yep that's it exactly! :D

this will be my fourth LS engine'd car.. had three LS1 Commodore's in the past which were good but but the 5.7's started showing their age eventually. One also was a little slappy and tended to burn more oil than the others ever did.

woops! out of thread topic again! :p I guess im just in a constant state of buzz with my new car! :D:rolleyes:

Haha thanks guys. He is probably my favorite toy that's well...a toy. Like I said not cheap. Artist is a cool guy tho. I have 2 other krites and a baby critter that he's made years ago. One is a puppet similar to a boglin. They are not as high end or accurate as this one tho. I love this guy. Oh and the teeth are a hard plastic