Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

my cousin finally came good on his promise of a Cloud 9 Quakeblast W-01 for my birthday! oh yeah it was my 40th last Monday, just sayin..

took a quick photo of it out of the box, looks pretty good! Built well and has a good weight to it. Although smaller, it is heavier than MPP10 Prime! Must have more diecast in it!

overall its quite a nice thing and im happy with it! even more so considering I didn't pay for it! hehe! But MPP10 is still the better toy!

20160723_222517.jpg

Edited by spanner

my cousin finally came good on his promise of a Cloud 9 Quakeblast W-01 for my birthday! oh yeah it was my 40th last Monday, just sayin..

took a quick photo of it out of the box, looks pretty good! Built well and has a good weight to it. Although smaller, it is heavier than MPP10 Prime! Must have more diecast in it!

overall its quite a nice thing and im happy with it! even more so considering I didn't pay for it! hehe! But MPP10 is still the better toy!

20160723_222517.jpg

Happy Birthday old-timer!

-b.

Great purchases everyone! And belated Happy Birthday to you, Spanner! ;)

Got these from the last 2 weeks (or 3?). ^_^ Though I forgot to take photo of Astralith's VF-1S kit.

CM's Hikaru Ichijo and Roy Focker's Canopy Figures

IMG_5472_zpsbk3eoflj.jpg

IMG_5470_zpsx0m2jdvl.jpg

S.H.Figuarts Iron Man MK46
IMG_5487_zpssaiweule.jpg

Hasegawa 1/4000 SDF-1 Attack Mode
IMG_5489_zpstgmbdec1.jpg

Arcadia 1/60 VF-4G Lightning III
IMG_5488_zpsi9sqkpmf.jpg
I can now confirm that Arcadia's VF-4G release has tight shoulder joints but a little bit loose on the knee and ankle joints. Need to use a stand to support it during Gerwalk and Battroid mode.

Man I really am trying hard to resist getting into the 3rd party TF collecting but what yall show off in here is so amazing looking. All I have at home is an original MP-01 Prime, Bumblebee and Prowl. I don't want to replace characters I already have but there are some I'd love to get that either don't exist from Takara, are more than I want to spend on them, or I don't like how they turned out.

It still boggles my mind that I only spent $85 back in the day on the Takara import MP-01.

Man I really am trying hard to resist getting into the 3rd party TF collecting but what yall show off in here is so amazing looking. All I have at home is an original MP-01 Prime, Bumblebee and Prowl. I don't want to replace characters I already have but there are some I'd love to get that either don't exist from Takara, are more than I want to spend on them, or I don't like how they turned out.

It still boggles my mind that I only spent $85 back in the day on the Takara import MP-01.

Right with you on that one buddy! All i have are two 3rd party toys but they are quite impressive, not to mention so many more out there like the Fans Toys Dinobots for example really make it a hard decision not to pull the trigger and buy more of them!

Must.Remain.Focused.On.Macross!

Right with you on that one buddy! All i have are two 3rd party toys but they are quite impressive, not to mention so many more out there like the Fans Toys Dinobots for example really make it a hard decision not to pull the trigger and buy more of them!

Must.Remain.Focused.On.Macross!

To be fair MPP-10 is a KO, not third party.

Nice purchases, Noel! Have you tried tightening the screws on the VF-4?

thanks abbadon! Nope, haven't tried it yet. Will try to do it tonight. ;)

thanks for the B'day wishes Noel! ^_^ and nice purchases too! loving those cockpit pilot displays! B))

You're welcome sir. By now, you should've already tried ube and pandan. ;)

Ii'm confused. I thought MPP-10 is already a 3P? Since it's not a direct KO of the existing actual product, right? I mean, they already made it bigger.

Edited by no3ljm

ahhh... I kinda thought anything other than a Takara toy were all 3rd party/knock offs.. I guess im still not up to the TF toy market lingo yet.. :huh: probably a good thing too! :rolleyes:

You're welcome sir. By now, you should've already tried ube and pandan. ;)

Ii'm confused. I thought MPP-10 is already a 3P? Since it's not a direct KO of the existing actual product, right? I mean, they already made it bigger.

I did have some type of strange icecream whilst in the UK but I forgot the name of it.. I did ask the chick at the restaraunt and she said what ever it was is similar.. hehe! :wacko::lol:

and yes I though the same..

Takara MP-10 is an official MP Optimus Prime. Any figure made by other companies that are unauthorized by Hasbro or Takara falls under 3rd party.

Upgrade parts, etc too.

Takara MP-10 is an official MP Optimus Prime. Any figure made by other companies that are unauthorized by Hasbro or Takara falls under 3rd party.

Upgrade parts, etc too.

so that essentially makes the MPP10 a 3rd party toy even if its just an oversized copy (KO) of the "official" MP-10 toy yes!?

Edited by spanner

The exception being that there are also different types of KO's that are just considered KO's. Direct KO's, KO's with upgraded or downgraded modifications, oversized KO's, etc. MPP-10 is more of a KO.

Edited by sh9000

Cool, well then the way I see it is its still a 3rd party toy being produced by someone other than Takara/Hasbro.. (as you mentioned)

And yes its a knock off but I don't quite see it as direct knock off as its been enlarged and has numerous detail changes and improvements.

Personally I think its different enough to be its own toy outright.

ok moving on..

Edited by spanner

Cool, well then the way I see it is its still a 3rd party toy being produced by someone other than Takara/Hasbro.. (as you mentioned)

And yes its a knock off but I don't quite see it as direct knock off as its been enlarged and has numerous detail changes and improvements.

Personally I think its different enough to be its own toy outright.

ok moving on..

Ok. I think I understand now that the MPP-10 probably is more like to be called an 'oversize' KO. Whereas a 3P one is more like an overhaul/reimagined of an existing character without the approval of the original maker. Funny that I googled and stumbled to the TF wiki explaining the term 'KO'. Since MPP-10 is similar or identical then based on that definition by TF's, it's a KO.

A knockoff is a product similar or identical to a product of one company, but made by another without the authorization of the original maker. In the Transformers fandom, the term is commonly abbreviated KO. The term bootleg is also sometimes used as a synonym.

Ok. Like spanner said... moving on. :lol:

My two newest additions! If only they had made the Shadow Beta.

Congrats! Are you planning on getting the EVO one too in the future? ^_^

Very nice! :)

Thank you good sir, they were such a good deal I couldn't resist!! B))

Never, EVER transform them.

Normally I never would but I did attempt the Shadow FIghter and I must say that it is the tightest most secure Alpha ever, next best thing to the Beta which I always felt was solid as a rock. As for my prior experience with Scott... I would not transform that one. :lol:

Congrats! Are you planning on getting the EVO one too in the future? ^_^

Thank you!! So far I like what I see with ET and their Legioss, I'm hoping they learned some lessons from the VF-2SS of what & what NOT to do. Looking forward to it and heaven help us some actual Ride-Armors! :D

Thank you!! So far I like what I see with ET and their Legioss, I'm hoping they learned some lessons from the VF-2SS of what & what NOT to do. Looking forward to it and heaven help us some actual Ride-Armors! :D

Yup. I'm looking forward for another take on Ride Armors. Hope it's subpar as the Beagle ones but hoping it's not that expensive. ;)

Yup. I'm looking forward for another take on Ride Armors. Hope it's subpar as the Beagle ones but hoping it's not that expensive. ;)

Same here, the Beagle was a great looking toy yet way over priced, way to complicated to transform and parts that wouldn't lock in place like the seat & windscreen. And for heaven sakes make Yellow & Rook first! :lol: