Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

my CM's Isamu Dyson arrived today! Even though it was quite cheap from what I can tell it looks like the genuine article..

even if its not genuine (not that I could actually tell anyways.. pointers anyone!?) he still looks cool so wot evs eh!

anyways he looks great on display next to his YF-19! And he stands up on his own so I don't even need to use the crappy included base!

20160718_155315.jpg

Damn it spanner with you have to get awesome stuff and make me want it?? Thats it give me your address, in gonna rob all your stuff!!! XD

Jokes aside, what an amazing figure, where can i find it? Never knew it existed. How much does it goes for?

Damn it spanner with you have to get awesome stuff and make me want it?? Thats it give me your address, in gonna rob all your stuff!!! XD

Jokes aside, what an amazing figure, where can i find it? Never knew it existed. How much does it goes for?

LOL! all my stuff is insured so go for it dude! :p;) but seriously I would appreciate it if you didn't.. insurance is a great thing to have but im rather attached to my stuff! :lol::unsure:

Yeah it sure is a nice figure eh! I had been eyeballing one for quite some time actually! The last time I saw them they were up over $100 if I remember correctly but then only recently I found this one on ebay of all places!

A guy in Hong Kong was selling it and I got it for quite a bargain! About $40 (aussie) delivered! My only question about the low price was if it was a genuine item or a fake/copy. It looks legit but I don't really have a sure fire way to tell..

But its pretty nice so im perfectly happy all the same! ^_^

LOL! all my stuff is insured so go for it dude! :p;) but seriously I would appreciate it if you didn't.. insurance is a great thing to have but im rather attached to my stuff! :lol::unsure:

Yeah it sure is a nice figure eh! I had been eyeballing one for quite some time actually! The last time I saw them they were up over $100 if I remember correctly but then only recently I found this one on ebay of all places!

A guy in Hong Kong was selling it and I got it for quite a bargain! About $40 (aussie) delivered! My only question about the low price was if it was a genuine item or a fake/copy. It looks legit but I don't really have a sure fire way to tell..

That's a nice price spanner and from eBay of all places congrats..it's still on my hunt list unless bandai plays Santa and fulfills my list heh!

That's a nice price spanner and from eBay of all places congrats..it's still on my hunt list unless bandai plays Santa and fulfills my list heh!

thanks mate! hehe! yeah who'd of thought eh.. ebay! I don't think I've picked up anything of any significant (purchase worthy) value in ages! Was nice that this thing came up! :D

better start preying to the Bandai gods now I reckon! LOL! :p:lol:

Even if it is a rip off spanner its a good price for a hard to find figure.

Received Vulcan to finally complete Guardia and i couldnt be happier. Such a great combiner, probably the best ive ever owned out of the 3rd party TF combiners.

Hell yes, third party or nothing it seems these days no matter the line or scale you're interested in.

You can never have enough super strike parts!

I am jealous of your Cavaliers though, he is climbing up my wanted list every time i see pictures of him.

The Cav's are a great thing to have but now days becoming quite difficult to find and not to mention expensive.. I'd love a 2nd one but not sure I want to spend what they command..

Got some stuff in, really excited for this batch.

post-12821-0-38187500-1469025878_thumb.jpg

I know a lot of people don't like the Figuarts Mario releases, but when you have as many different sets and doubles and triples as I do, the figures really start to shine and look great when you set everything up. I had a Monsterarts 2014 Godzilla before but he suffered from derp eyes and Koolaid mouth so I gave him to a nephew, found this one for cheap and I guess I hit the QC lottery because he seems fine. Couple other little things, I love the Power Rangers Legacy line so I've grabbed everything in that, the communicator is pretty nice. Plus I needed lots more stands, Tamashii Stage Acts and two 1/6 stands.

post-12821-0-87273400-1469025862_thumb.jpg

I've been waiting on FansToys Willis, AKA Masterpiece Hound, for a VERY long time. He's my first FansToys figure and I can say, I'm really impressed, I've been let down by Takara's latest releases so I feel if they announce an official one I doubt I'll even bother with it, this guy is just too perfect, and I have little faith Takara will put out anything more then a boring looking green block for official Hound. I got out of 1/6 a few years back after getting burned by several crappy Hot Toys in a row, but I love Breaking Bad, and I figured it would be hard for a company to screw up WW, he's pretty damn great, excellent head sculpt, I'm ready for Jesse to release so I can put the dynamic duo together.

attachicon.gif20160716_133029~01.jpg

I know a lot of people don't like the Figuarts Mario releases, but when you have as many different sets and doubles and triples as I do, the figures really start to shine and look great when you set everything up. I had a Monsterarts 2014 Godzilla before but he suffered from derp eyes and Koolaid mouth so I gave him to a nephew, found this one for cheap and I guess I hit the QC lottery because he seems fine. Couple other little things, I love the Power Rangers Legacy line so I've grabbed everything in that, the communicator is pretty nice. Plus I needed lots more stands, Tamashii Stage Acts and two 1/6 stands.

attachicon.gif20160716_133241.jpg

I've been waiting on FansToys Willis, AKA Masterpiece Hound, for a VERY long time. He's my first FansToys figure and I can say, I'm really impressed, I've been let down by Takara's latest releases so I feel if they announce an official one I doubt I'll even bother with it, this guy is just too perfect, and I have little faith Takara will put out anything more then a boring looking green block for official Hound. I got out of 1/6 a few years back after getting burned by several crappy Hot Toys in a row, but I love Breaking Bad, and I figured it would be hard for a company to screw up WW, he's pretty damn great, excellent head sculpt, I'm ready for Jesse to release so I can put the dynamic duo together.

Really nice haul! Awakening Goku is great! Willis looks nice but after the crap i went through with FT Forager ive decided im only going to stick with their dinos. I wish they wouldve put out that Figuarts MMPR stand set for the rest of the rangers.

Really nice haul! Awakening Goku is great! Willis looks nice but after the crap i went through with FT Forager ive decided im only going to stick with their dinos. I wish they wouldve put out that Figuarts MMPR stand set for the rest of the rangers.

Yeah I'm not an Insecticon fan, but I read plenty about the Forager controversy. He looks pretty damn phenomenal, but that part that is giving people issues is just unacceptable. I read they included a fixed or replacement part on the Iron Dibot release that came right after him, nice for those that bought that release too, crummy for those that didn't and just wanted a nice Third Party Insecticon without any issues. The same thing nearly happened with Willis too. Early reviews said his side mirrors were extremely fragile, 3 of the 5 early reviews had breaks on their side mirrors. It seemed at first all FansToys was going to do was put an extra note in the box that said to be careful like with Forager, but they delayed him and extra two weeks and re-did the side mirrors in a soft, rubbery plastic, which is nice and works well. Definitely agree on the Awakening Goku, great figure, an excellent update over the original "clean" gi release. Plus damaged Goku looks much better with my only other DBZ FIguart, Broly. I'm actually taking some blank Tamashii Stage stands and pad printing them at work with the same exact layout that the little official ones I just got come in, I'm even going to do one for white ranger. Easy enough layout to remake, I think they'll look great.

20160716_133029~01.jpg

attachicon.gif20160716_133241.jpg

hmmm.. those what appear to be display stands to the left of the photo, are they toy specific or a generic thing?

Edited by spanner

Yeah I'm not an Insecticon fan, but I read plenty about the Forager controversy. He looks pretty damn phenomenal, but that part that is giving people issues is just unacceptable. I read they included a fixed or replacement part on the Iron Dibot release that came right after him, nice for those that bought that release too, crummy for those that didn't and just wanted a nice Third Party Insecticon without any issues. The same thing nearly happened with Willis too. Early reviews said his side mirrors were extremely fragile, 3 of the 5 early reviews had breaks on their side mirrors. It seemed at first all FansToys was going to do was put an extra note in the box that said to be careful like with Forager, but they delayed him and extra two weeks and re-did the side mirrors in a soft, rubbery plastic, which is nice and works well. Definitely agree on the Awakening Goku, great figure, an excellent update over the original "clean" gi release. Plus damaged Goku looks much better with my only other DBZ FIguart, Broly. I'm actually taking some blank Tamashii Stage stands and pad printing them at work with the same exact layout that the little official ones I just got come in, I'm even going to do one for white ranger. Easy enough layout to remake, I think they'll look great.

PM me pics of the stands please once you get them done

hmmm.. those what appear to be display stands to the left of the photo, are they toy specific or a generic thing?

They're kind of generic due to the peg size, I've fit a number of different things on them, but they are Tamashii Stage Act 5 stands. They're made for Bandai's various mecha figures like Hi-Metal R, and all of the Robot Damashii/Spirits Gundam figures. The Hi-Metal R Roy exclusive came with one of these with some custom coloring on it, they're pretty great and versatile for the price. There's three per set with all the bits and bobs to customize the included 3 how you want, I've personally got 12 Act 5s stashed, and 16 of the Act 4, which are made for Figuarts figures and 1/12 scale figures in general.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN14285&mode=retail

They're kind of generic due to the peg size, I've fit a number of different things on them, but they are Tamashii Stage Act 5 stands. They're made for Bandai's various mecha figures like Hi-Metal R, and all of the Robot Damashii/Spirits Gundam figures. The Hi-Metal R Roy exclusive came with one of these with some custom coloring on it, they're pretty great and versatile for the price. There's three per set with all the bits and bobs to customize the included 3 how you want, I've personally got 12 Act 5s stashed, and 16 of the Act 4, which are made for Figuarts figures and 1/12 scale figures in general.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN14285&mode=retail

Oh yeah cool! And they not terribly expensive either.. might be worth a look into as a cheap alternative.

Found a VF-1S assembly kit on ebay for a pretty decent price and was (kinda) local.. (Melbourne to Sydney) so I couldn't resist!

For a while I've had thoughts of doing another custom paint and would really like to give it a go doing one myself this time! So here goes eh!

post-21335-0-80649800-1469100323_thumb.jpg

Found a VF-1S assembly kit on ebay for a pretty decent price and was (kinda) local.. (Melbourne to Sydney) so I couldn't resist!

For a while I've had thoughts of doing another custom paint and would really like to give it a go doing one myself this time! So here goes eh!

attachicon.gif$_57.JPG

Congrats. I would love to get a VF-1J Assembly Kit.