Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Got a few things in the mail today, but this was waiting for.

The King has arrived, all Hail Grimlock!

Fansproject Severo

27393929436_ceb9917b4b_h.jpg

Looks great Saburo! Im gonna hold out for the Fans Toys Grimlock when my cousin gets him and then decide. Then I'll pick up the whole bunch. Funds permitting of course..

Send to me all the 1/60 Valks that you purchased. Problem solved! ;)

Hehe! Not much a chance of that happening sorry! :p:lol:

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

That small Enterprise is in scale or close to in scale to this larger Vengeance. I bought them because of that and they look cool together.

I can't say I'm much of a fan of the new movie version starships and much prefer the original movie ships.. I only got the HW Enterprise cos it looks cute and was cheap.. But that Vengeance does look pretty cool! B))

I can't say I'm much of a fan of the new movie version starships and much prefer the original movie ships.. I only got the HW Enterprise cos it looks cute and was cheap.. But that Vengeance does look pretty cool! B))

I'm with you on that! The original movie Enterprise is still the most beautiful starship ever, IMO.

I highly recommend picking up the old Bandai kit if you can find it. It's prepainted and comes with lights; just have to snap it together out of the box!

IMG_3328_zpstekuedwj.jpg

I'm with you on that! The original movie Enterprise is still the most beautiful starship ever, IMO.

I highly recommend picking up the old Bandai kit if you can find it. It's prepainted and comes with lights; just have to snap it together out of the box!

IMG_3328_zpstekuedwj.jpg

Oh man that is gorgeous! ♡♡♡ the Constitution re-fit class is my all time fav starship! I have the Diamond Select Enterprise toy which is quite nice but its engine nacelles, deflector and hull windows don't light up like the Bandai kit.. I wonder how hard the Bandai kit is to find!? Expensive?

Edited by spanner

Nice!! Very nice starship collection Derex! I especially love that Olympic class ship! Thats the USS Pasteur yes? From all good things.. Beverly Crusher as ships captain. But i dont see a Miranda or Oberth class ships.. I absolutely love Reliant and Grissom! Can you get them?

Nice!! Very nice starship collection Derex! I especially love that Olympic class ship! Thats the USS Pasteur yes? From all good things.. Beverly Crusher as ships captain. But i dont see a Miranda or Oberth class ships.. I absolutely love Reliant and Grissom! Can you get them?

You can get most any ship ever seen in the Star Trek universe I believe! Just gotta hunt them down on Evilbay. Yes that is the ship seen in the episode all good things, under Dr Crushers command. It's actually one of my favorites...the paint apps on it are absolutely perfect. Be careful though.... it's a slippery slope...once you buy one or two you have to have more. Not that any of us have a problem around here like that…

Bugger.. they going for around 30k+ yen.. -_-

I picked up a spare a few months back for about 8000 yen. Just in case something happens to my original, of course. They're fairly rare these days but they do pop up from time to time.

That is freakin gorgeous! Speaking of Star Trek.. I've recently become severely addicted to the Eaglemoss Star Trek Ship Line!! So here's what I have so far along with Mr. Glaug!

Nice! You have as many ships as I do from that line. :) Yeah discovering that line was opening up quite a Pandora's box!

There are some errors though. The Akira-class has "UNITED FEDERAION OF PLANETS" printed on it. :/

Edited by Lolicon

I picked up a spare a few months back for about 8000 yen. Just in case something happens to my original, of course. They're fairly rare these days but they do pop up from time to time.

For 8k absolutely! For 30k maybe not.. Hey you wanna sell me your spare!? Hehe! ;)

Stopped at a hotel for the night on our way to Berlin and got a chance to play around with the Spitfire model. Such a lovely little plane! Had to give one of the landing gear a slight bend so it would deploy straight and stowe flush which was easy enough.. looks fab now! The tail wheel falls out when you pick it up so I'll have to add a drop of glue to fix that but no big deal of course.. my dad liked it so much that hes going to buy one on the return trip back to uk. He remembers Spitfires flying over his house when he was young as they lived minutes away from an RAF base. Here are some pics!

post-21335-0-72473400-1465103828_thumb.jpg

post-21335-0-79596100-1465103860_thumb.jpg

post-21335-0-56355500-1465103885_thumb.jpg

post-21335-0-44943400-1465103914_thumb.jpg

Stopped at a hotel for the night on our way to Berlin and got a chance to play around with the Spitfire model. Such a lovely little plane! Had to give one of the landing gear a slight bend so it would deploy straight and stowe flush which was easy enough.. looks fab now! The tail wheel falls out when you pick it up so I'll have to add a drop of glue to fix that but no big deal of course.. my dad liked it so much that hes going to buy one on the return trip back to uk. He remembers Spitfires flying over his house when he was young as they lived minutes away from an RAF base. Here are some pics!

that looks nice. can the cokpit open/close? tried stuffing a 1/48 yamato pilot in there for the fun of it? haha..

Yeah it does! And has details inside. Looks alright. The pilot figure is like a piece of chewing gum that has been shaped to loosely resemble a humanoid figure and is kinda crap. Also im going to paint on a few extra details like on and around the landing gear..

I found a 1/48 low vis on Mandarake for about $240 shipped. I have been looking to get one again after selling mine back when the low vis were in reselling for like $400-$500. Came in perfect condition, just some shelf wear on the box. Happy to have my first 1/48 call back in my collection.

post-298-0-28811300-1465139792_thumb.jpg

post-298-0-68493500-1465139831_thumb.jpg

Got some goodies in finally too, was really waiting on this box.

post-12821-0-09773000-1465225054_thumb.jpg

Mace WIndu's head sculpt is pretty damn fantastic, probably the best in Figuarts history, it looks good. Ultron Prime is a bit disappointing, but I hate Revoltechs, so easy pass on the Ultron Revo, I've got all the Figuarts Marvel stuff so far, not stopping now. The Hi-Metal R Glaug is pretty much EXACTLY what I wanted, it is pretty damn perfect. But the highlight is definitely the Robot Spirits ANIME figures, these things are filled with some very clever engineering for their size and price, I'm incredibly impressed.

I found a 1/48 low vis on Mandarake for about $240 shipped. I have been looking to get one again after selling mine back when the low vis were in reselling for like $400-$500. Came in perfect condition, just some shelf wear on the box. Happy to have my first 1/48 call back in my collection.

thats has to be the best pilot figure for the 1/48 line. was my first valk too. too bad they didnt do it for the 1/60...sigh

wow 8000 yen for that Bandai Enterprise kit is a steal. That thing was $85 USD when I got one not long after it came out and before it was discontinued. I wish there was some way to hook it up to a/c power instead of batteries. It's such a beautiful kit.

Gah you guys are making me want to buy some of those Eaglemoss ships! I would love to have a Defiant and Intrepid class in at least some scale... I've gotten most of the Diamond Select/AA ships over the years but they haven't done nearly as many obviously.

I'm hoping Quantum Mechanix will actually produce this secretive smaller scale starship line they've teased and hopefully it'll be lit like that Bandai kit. If only I could afford their studio scale....

Got both 1/2 scale Metal Gears from 3A. Rex is fantastic and very much worth it. Ray just like the 1/48 sucks, the LEDs dont even light up the eyes, and the leg joints are pretty weak. If you are interested in Ray wait for a sale.

90C92D9A-0F87-4642-A664-EAE83A045F80_1.j

8E1765FD-BE3C-4DC6-B36E-415483A8356F.jpg

973C4793-FCD7-4AD2-B853-57A5135CECA2.jpg

Also received Figuarts Ultron and this is pure garbage. Worst toy of the year for me.

5278399E-823B-45D3-95BF-AF35471E078F.jpg

D68DA842-21AC-40F7-8E9A-A0F415F21EB5.jpg

Edited by anubis20

Got both 1/2 scale Metal Gears from 3A. Rex is fantastic and very much worth it. Ray just like the 1/48 sucks, the LEDs dont even light up the eyes, and the leg joints are pretty weak. If you are interested in Ray wait for a sale.

90C92D9A-0F87-4642-A664-EAE83A045F80_1.j

8E1765FD-BE3C-4DC6-B36E-415483A8356F.jpg

973C4793-FCD7-4AD2-B853-57A5135CECA2.jpg

Also received Figuarts Ultron and this is pure garbage. Worst toy of the year for me.

5278399E-823B-45D3-95BF-AF35471E078F.jpg

D68DA842-21AC-40F7-8E9A-A0F415F21EB5.jpg

Yeah after half size Rex being amazing, I felt Ray was a let down, his legs and lightning suck quite a bit, I actually sold him and decided to hold onto just Rex. Agree with Ultron too, Bandai put their C or D team on him, a lot of inexcusable mistakes and compromises, his shoulders in particular are hot garbage, and his stupid robo butt cheeks hinder his legs. Due to some pics you actually posted a week or two back I've got two new figures on the way to make up for some of this halls disappointments, Riobot Jehuty and Anubis...

Yeah after half size Rex being amazing, I felt Ray was a let down, his legs and lightning suck quite a bit, I actually sold him and decided to hold onto just Rex. Agree with Ultron too, Bandai put their C or D team on him, a lot of inexcusable mistakes and compromises, his shoulders in particular are hot garbage, and his stupid robo butt cheeks hinder his legs. Due to some pics you actually posted a week or two back I've got two new figures on the way to make up for some of this halls disappointments, Riobot Jehuty and Anubis...

Oh man you are in for a treat with the Riobots :) Jehuty in particular is fantastic. Anubis' Achilles heel is the method they used for the wings but overall it looks great and the articulation is there. Just take some patience to fiddle with it as opposed to Jehuty.

Oh man you are in for a treat with the Riobots :) Jehuty in particular is fantastic. Anubis' Achilles heel is the method they used for the wings but overall it looks great and the articulation is there. Just take some patience to fiddle with it as opposed to Jehuty.

I agree that Anubis' big problem is the wing connection. I thought it was a clever idea but the tolerances with the clear connectors a little loose with my copy. The wings tend to flop to one side or another if they aren't balanced right. I haven't had a chance to open up Jehuty yet.

Out of curiosity, does it bother anyone how light some of the Riobot figures can be? For over $100 figures would expect at least a little heft.

I agree that Anubis' big problem is the wing connection. I thought it was a clever idea but the tolerances with the clear connectors a little loose with my copy. The wings tend to flop to one side or another if they aren't balanced right. I haven't had a chance to open up Jehuty yet.

Out of curiosity, does it bother anyone how light some of the Riobot figures can be? For over $100 figures would expect at least a little heft.

I had to apply some future to the wing joints and now its solid. I still dont like messing with them too much because ive always been afraid of clear plastic.

In the beginning it bugged me but ive i began to understand Sentinel is a smaller company, their engineering is pretty good, and their paint is always flawless. Riobot Gurren Lagann is the biggest offender, that one has zero diecast :lol: but it is still an impressive figure. Now they at least try to use some in the joints.