Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

[align=left]超时空世纪 Orguss【Megahouse VA Hi spec!】

You guys love Orguss too?

[align=left]Grabbed in JP for 2 Metal build price... yet, quite high quality indeed... & seems the light blue ver will be released![/align][align=left]the small booklet, should be over 30 years?

2015-11-24-17.20.37.jpg

size vs her sisters...

2015-11-24-17.28.05.jpg

coming....

20151103_221138_737.jpg

[/align]

Guest davidwhangchoi

At long last... I bought a brownie!

Not sure why I needed another Max 1A, but the price was right, so I said why the hell not. :rolleyes:

did max have clear canopy or rainbow?

great set. so jealous :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Quick question, I know most of the v2 VF-1s had assorted pictures of the plane itself on the box cover, like the brownie does.. but what's the backdrop used on the box for that Max? From the photo, it looks like some sort of 3D render of the SDF-1's bridge area, and from DYRL no less. :blink:

Weeeellll... I picked this up the other day, brand new still in box, I guess it was only a matter of time till I got "Bandai-ed".. one of the small plastic round pins that hold the wing in place just literally fell off, broken in half. Most likely a bad assembly at the factory, or just sh*t plastic. I must say... this will be my only 171. Good god the transformation is a bear! Can't wait to have to go back to fighter. Thank goodness for Collection DX videos.

post-11393-0-06572000-1448756309_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-28196200-1448756334_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-32186400-1448756361_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-39296900-1448756387_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Weeeellll... I picked this up the other day, brand new still in box, I guess it was only a matter of time till I got "Bandai-ed".. one of the small plastic round pins that hold the wing in place just literally fell off, broken in half. Most likely a bad assembly at the factory, or just sh*t plastic. I must say... this will be my only 171. Good god the transformation is a bear! Can't wait to have to go back to fighter. Thank goodness for Collection DX videos.

That sucks man, there seems to be no escaping these exploding parts. I've yet to own one of these and still think I'll pass till a better version comes along. Parts breaking is one thing and like you to many have complained about its transformation being more complex than necessary.

Honestly, that's the least worrisome thing to break on the 171 possible, because that piece does literally nothing except make the wing harder to snap on or off. The plastic nub that broke off is just the cap to the wider locator stub that the wing rotates around, and the removable peg is what really holds the wing on.

If you're really worried about the wing falling off, you could always drill out the remains of that peg, and insert a small screw, but you'd have to remove those if you plan on swapping the wings out for the hardpointed versions at some point.

Long as you're careful with the rest of the transformation, the Alto version should be fairly safe. Just make sure to keep the knees straight while rotating the lower legs.

Edited by Chronocidal

Thanks guys, I knew going in the 171's were kinda iffy, but as stated above, it's not a huge problem, the slightly more annoying thing is that the larger peg on the same wing is super loose as well and comes out way to easy. Oh well, still a great looking Valk in fighter, if I'm ever brave enough to try and get it back to fighter....

picked up another alto. didn't realize how huge this thing is. anyone know how big the alto renewal armored parts are in comparison. that's next. or a vf-11b.

If you are asking how much wider the Tornado vs Armored parts, I don't have an exact measurement but the outer engine pods of the Tornado would be outside the "wing" span of the armored parts.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hahaha! :lol: Seti is looking for the 'swaying Minmay' in the other thread. ;)

actually your current one is just as active* as the other one.

*distracting :ph34r:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

haha i missed the multiple swaying minmays too when noel replies all threads at one go....

*hynotic :blink:

btw i thk gotta get used to peeps calling no3ljm noel too... ^_^

Edited by seti88

Oh that's cool no3ljm! Looking forward to seeing it completed.

Me too Saburo! I'm also looking forward to have 'time' to do it. Hahaha! :lol: But I might do some photoshop-ing first to see which combination to do. ;)

Nice purchase Noel! Its gonna look great after its painted! Just like mine! :D

Thanks Spanner! But I don't think it will going to look as great as yours. I'm not a good 'builder'. Hehehe. :lol: But I will try my best. ;)

I nd to stop popping into this thread..my wishlist is growing! dang thats awesome!

Thanks Seti. ;) And don't worry sir, it's just a 'wishlist', right? It's not 'i'm-going-to-buy-list'. :rolleyes:

Hahaha! I thought you liked it? :lol:

haha i missed the multiple swaying minmays too when noel replies all threads at one go....

*hynotic :blink:

btw i thk gotta get used to peeps calling no3ljm noel too... ^_^

Hahaha! Atleast Minmay is not as provocative as Sheryl's. So being hypnotize by her is better. ;)

Oh, it's because my name IS noel. :lol:

Great purchases everyeon! ;)

Got this today and already did some test-fitting. Kurisama's VF-1X++ head from Shapeways.

*snip*

Quick question, sorry if it's been answered but are the head pieces snap fit or do you need to glue? I bought the VF-4 head in anticipation for the VF-4 release. Thanks.

Quick question, sorry if it's been answered but are the head pieces snap fit or do you need to glue? I bought the VF-4 head in anticipation for the VF-4 release. Thanks.

It's snap fit actually. And it's up to you if you want to put some glue to it. But for some areas that moves/rotates like the turrets and the neck area, I sanded some parts because even though it's snap fit, they're super tight. Like if I snap fit the turrets in their respective connecting holes without sanding, I have a feeling that it will not move or rotate anymore. And if I force rotate it, I might break the turrets itself. And since I'm going to paint it in the future, it's better to sand some part for test fitting. ;)

By the way, would love to see the VF-4 head since I'm considering to buy one for my extra VF-4G. Thanks!

Edited by no3ljm