Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

The one and only! Overpriced like hell but its Anubis and I had to have it :wub:

*snip*

My Riobot Anubis is sitting in my private warehouse. He came in one day after I created a shippment. 60 days max storage this is not enough. Maybe I should ask HLJ if they could extend it to 61 or 62 days. ;) I love the 6 month window BBTS offers.

YF-21... Wait for Bandai's YF-19... will it be in 2016?

Nice buy! And I am sure you got it for what....$100 brand new? :p

The arcadia 19 would 'belong' better with the 21 aesthetically, but that is subjective. If Bandai does a 21, I'll be all over their YF-19. I have their VF-19 Advance, and it is amazing, but it fits better with the frontier stuff.

Thanks! I just designed/printed a wall mount for it.

qUSL6Bbh.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/XtsYL

Congrats on your Slave 1 gift! It's nice eh?

By the way, I would caution you on the way it's displayed now. Not because of it falling down, but because the front end might eventually droop and deform due to the weight. I've had mine on the stand for about 2 months now, but I keep the front leading edge propped up on a small stand to help alleviate the weight. So far it's all good. But someone in a Lego forum had his displayed on the stand for 7 months and there's a noticeable droop on his already. Of course, I'm not sure if this will happen to everyone, but it helps to be aware of this potential issue.

Congrats on your Slave 1 gift! It's nice eh?

By the way, I would caution you on the way it's displayed now. Not because of it falling down, but because the front end might eventually droop and deform due to the weight. I've had mine on the stand for about 2 months now, but I keep the front leading edge propped up on a small stand to help alleviate the weight. So far it's all good. But someone in a Lego forum had his displayed on the stand for 7 months and there's a noticeable droop on his already. Of course, I'm not sure if this will happen to everyone, but it helps to be aware of this potential issue.

Thanks for the warning. Maybe they have it assembled incorrectly. With the technic support structure inside, I don't see it drooping any time soon.

jgdLCszh.jpg

hZ3BpBth.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

The one and only! Overpriced like hell but its Anubis and I had to have it :wub:

ADD87600-3CFA-424A-80F1-AEE1B7664A14.jpg

kinda looks like something out of Star Gate don't you think!? still very cool! not so sure about its super pointy wanger though.. but then again I don't know the background on these things and why they are like that.. maybe someone could explain?

Thanks for the warning. Maybe they have it assembled incorrectly. With the technic support structure inside, I don't see it drooping any time soon.

jgdLCszh.jpg

hZ3BpBth.jpg

Yup. The guy who mentioned the drooping also says he assembled things correctly. Here's a link to his post as well as a photo of his Slave 1.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115020#entry2340814

He builds a lot of MOCs so I would say he's an experienced builder with a good understanding of Lego.

Edited by ArchieNov

Yup. The guy who mentioned the drooping also says he assembled things correctly. Here's a link to his post as well as a photo of his Slave 1.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115020#entry2340814

He builds a lot of MOCs so I would say he's an experienced builder with a good understanding of Lego.

Maybe a bit off topic but I looked through that whole thread and it's 95% about the UCS TIE Fighter. The only bit about the Slave 1 is a side photo that doesn't really show much of anything I could see as "drooping" and certainly didn't describe the issue very well at all. The comment about the wings was definitely regarding the TIE. Maybe I missed something?

Edited by mickyg

Maybe a bit off topic but I looked through that whole thread and it's 95% about the UCS TIE Fighter. The only bit about the Slave 1 is a side photo that doesn't really show much of anything I could see as "drooping" and certainly didn't describe the issue very well at all. The comment about the wings was definitely regarding the TIE. Maybe I missed something?

Yes, the thread was about the UCS TIE, but the one who posted the photo (Anio) comments that he noticed that the latest UCS sets can be prone to drooping/bending issues. When asked by another user on which sets show bending aside from the TIE, he posted a pic of the Slave 1.

The droop is encircled here:

1NjFJ9H.jpg

There's a pretty large gap where you can see right through the Slave 1. If you want to read more about it, then here is the Slave 1 thread (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=100928&st=400). He mentions the sagging on post #409.

Edited by ArchieNov

kinda looks like something out of Star Gate don't you think!? still very cool! not so sure about its super pointy wanger though.. but then again I don't know the background on these things and why they are like that.. maybe someone could explain?

It's from the game series called Zone of the Enders. Created by the MGS guy himself, Hideo Kojima. ;)

Nice buy! And I am sure you got it for what....$100 brand new? :p

The arcadia 19 would 'belong' better with the 21 aesthetically, but that is subjective. If Bandai does a 21, I'll be all over their YF-19. I have their VF-19 Advance, and it is amazing, but it fits better with the frontier stuff.

This 21 is bought at mandarake nagano... Expensive, 27k yen....

It's from the game series called Zone of the Enders. Created by the MGS guy himself, Hideo Kojima. ;)

And they called Orbital Frames. Btw. the groin cockpit design makes total sense in universe because piloting an Orbital Frame is a Gentlemen sport. And what Gentleman would kick another Gentleman in the groin?

You see, it makes perfect sense. ;)

I wonder if Sentinel is planning on releasing the other Frames. I would be totally down for a transformable Vic Viper.

Guest davidwhangchoi

they have no legs and a whiny kid that pilots the main machine. they put a second guy who has the personality of a construction worker in it and chucked the whiny kid in a videogame spaceship.

that's pretty much the whole story to these things.

they have no legs and a whiny kid that pilots the main machine. they put a second guy who has the personality of a construction worker in it and chucked the whiny kid in a videogame spaceship.

that's pretty much the whole story to these things.

Who cares about those guys. ADA for best AI waifu. :lol:

story_z_pic04.jpg

Look at that sexy interface. :wub:

Edited by Reaction Warhead

I have been curious about the KO masterpiece transformers, so I picked up a couple. Aside from the paint application, the molds are 99% identical. What is going on here? Have they gotten their hands on the CAD files and milled their own molds? It is too exact for someone to have recreated the files from scratch. Are are these molds stolen/sold form Takara's factory? I have at least one of each of these figures molds from Takara/Hasbro. It is impressive how close they are.

mjligRvh.jpg

0ioKVTah.jpg

I have been curious about the KO masterpiece transformers, so I picked up a couple. Aside from the paint application, the molds are 99% identical. What is going on here? Have they gotten their hands on the CAD files and milled their own molds? It is too exact for someone to have recreated the files from scratch. Are are these molds stolen/sold form Takara's factory? I have at least one of each of these figures molds from Takara/Hasbro. It is impressive how close they are.

mjligRvh.jpg

0ioKVTah.jpg

My guess is that some funny business is going on at the manufacturer in China. They had to have gotten their hands on the CAD files, but they also probably have access to the paint specifications, tampo print artwork files, specs. on the masking fixtures for the paint, box art, etc.

mjligRvh.jpg

hehe! they weren't very creative when it came to the name for the Lamborghini figure! I know its a clone toy but seriously.. Lambor!?!? :huh: that's kinda lame.. :rolleyes: nice looking toy though! ^_^

Edited by spanner76

hehe! they weren't very creative when it came to the name for the Lamborghini figure! I know its a clone toy but seriously.. Lambor!?!? :huh: that's kinda lame.. :rolleyes: nice looking toy though! ^_^

Actually, Lambor is the official Japanese name for Sideswipe.

Edited by ArchieNov

well there you go eh.. shows how much I know about Transformers.. :rolleyes::D

Doesn't change the fact that the name does sound kind of lame though. :p

I've been checking out reviews on the Takasa Tony stuff. They're pretty good actually and way cheaper in price. I just can't get into another toy line as I'm spread too thin as it is. I'd break my toy budget even at these lower prices.

Edited by sharky