Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Bingo!

image.jpg

Awesome! but are they legal and or safe to use for motorcycle riding!? And wouldn't that big front section catch the air too much? I guess it couldn't be any worse than a motor cross helmet in that respect..

Also nice bike mate! Buell XB-12R yes!? I nearly bought one of them year back but settled on a Kawasaki ZZR-600 instead.. was cheaper, in better condition with lower mileage.

Oh yeah and the helmet is a PERFECT color match too! B))

Edited by spanner76

I really like the ZZR👍 that's funny I almost bought a 6 myself.

The helmet Is DOT certified. If you look closely at these , they're basically a half helmet with extras screwed on.

The extras are plastic and would completely disintegrate if sh!t went down.

It isn't worse than a motocross helmet. A lot of air passing thru. Not a good winter bucket. Great out here in hot California.

Here's my other ride👀post-21292-0-25384100-1442197813_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bolt

then at least all the bolt on bits would absorb crash energy first eh! :p

I really liked the ZZR and should have kept it. Was such a comfy, easy bike to ride and was reasonably quick too! but I ended up traded it on a 2009 ZX-6R.. also gone..

That's a XB-12S yes? Nice bikes you have!

Here is my current ride.. K6 GSXR1000. Setup more so as a track bike but with lights to make it (questionably) legal for street riding! :D

post-21335-0-14769300-1442199462_thumb.jpg

I cant believe how expensive those lego sets are. Seeing them made me think that it would be fun to build one. but I don't think I can justify that much money for one though. :blink:

They were not that expensive at release. This is just the Macross-equivalent scalper of LEGO you are seeing but in a much sicker version! I think this was $600 or something?

I think you convinced me.. I have Amazon giftcards saved, I might get that Slave I. :D

The Falcon is monstrous.. I'm glad I grabbed it on clearance sale from the LEGO main site a couple years back. Still no room to build it though. :lol:

Hehe. By the way, I checked the measurements and if I'm not mistaken, the UCS Slave 1 is around 1/48 scale.

Unfortunately I don't have any of the 1/48 scale valks so I can't verify it.

Maybe someone could compare a 1/48 pilot figure and a Lego minifigure and see if they have roughly the same height (of course the proportions would be way off). I know the pilots may not be accurate to scale, but it's the only thing I can think of at the moment besides doing the math.

I really don't understand why legos are so expensive haha

They use a very high quality plastic, they do a lot of R&D to develop new kits every year, they have major licenses, and they're not really that expensive when you do the math (about 12 cents per piece averaged out).

:edit:

And as for why out of print kits are so expensive on the secondary market? the collector mentality is stupid. why do we pay hundreds of dollars for transforming plastic planes?

Edited by anime52k8

And as for why out of print kits are so expensive on the secondary market? the collector mentality is stupid. why do we pay hundreds of dollars for transforming plastic planes?

Because they're based off OVAS with content spanning 30+ years & some of these transforming planes run out of production. Whereas Legos recently create movies to dip in. Also the Lego company has been a steady fixture for even longer and they're still super expensive!

Nevertheless, I still buy them , so I'm spending with my eyes wide open👀

My main gripe with Lego pricing is that they are a lot more expensive outside of the US (which is unfortunately my situation). Over here, even fairly new sets can cost up to double what it does in the US. And stores like Amazon do not ship Lego to my country (I'm guessing it's a distribution restriction thing).

You guys living in the US are really lucky when it comes to Lego.

Edited by ArchieNov

The funny thing about Lego pricing... that 12 cent per piece standard is probably about 30 years old. I remember the average coming out to around 10 cents a piece when I was little. (Though all bets are off if any electronic bits are included.)

They really haven't changed anything about their pricing. The sets have just gotten bigger and bigger over time.

The UCS Falcon was the largest set they ever released at the time, if I recall. I do remember it being roughly $500 originally.

Upgraded my Myers mask again. I got a WMP V75.

Definitely the best one I've owned.

http://imgur.com/a/wvu0t

W.M.P.’s (Wickid Mask Productions) VINTAGE 75. Like the 1975 Don Post Captain Kirk mask, this mask began from the William Shatner life cast. Four sculptors and fifteen months later, Chris Morgan (owner of Wickid Mask Productions) deemed the Vintage 75 mask finished and consequently birthed its release.

WE4wYUVl.jpg

Edited by Gakken85