Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

It's kinda ironic that the valks that were so unpopular and difficult to sell in their prime end up becoming holy grails or have the highest increases in price in the aftermarket nowadays.

I guess we can only blame ourselves for being completionist types of collectors.

Or I really like the VF-11C and Macross 7! B))

Congrats on the bluray. That's the set, right? Let me know how's the quality. Some says there's some noises and some is not that sharp. And also, let me know if there's an English sub in it too. Congrats also on the VF-11C. Finally you have it. VF-4G, next? ;)

No subtitles. Image Noise and sharpness is probably due to the original source. It's still very good and probably the only HD version we'll see for a while. I love all the extras included with the set, another reason why I collect these things. :)

Congrats on your 2nd Vf-4G! Looking forward to your FB2012 custom.

I'd love to get some Lego sets but they are sooo expensive these days.. -_-

How many Valks do YOU own? I've got six, plus add on packs, plus some Mospaeda stuff.

:)

I don't own many Lego. But I help my kids put theirs together. ;)

I don't know how expensive Lego is in other countries but its expensive here in Australia.. for a decent set they cost as much as a Arcadia Valkyrie..

And this is me apologizing for my America-centric comment. Boys my words sure are tasty.

Ouch! With those kinds of prices my kids wouldn't have any Lego.

Sorry for the snarkasm.

--G

Edited by Goobermunch

How many Valks do YOU own? I've got six, plus add on packs, plus some Mospaeda stuff.

:)

I don't own many Lego. But I help my kids put theirs together. ;)

And this is me apologizing for my America-centric comment. Boys my words sure are tasty.

Ouch! With those kinds of prices my kids wouldn't have any Lego.

Sorry for the snarkasm.

--G

Hey Goobermunch!

At the moment I have 71 Valkyrie's with more due at the end of this year! (2x VF-0S & 1x VF-2SS) and others on my "maybe I'll buy" list..

I did have some Mospeada stuff years ago but I sold all of that off to my cousin..

Hehe! I didn't even notice the snaskasm! :D

Took me awhile, but I finally have Max & Miria back in my collection!

attachicon.gif20150910_140440.jpg

Congratulations on your purchase Lolicon! So did you have these once before?

I did the very same thing.. early on I bought them from a guy locally for a stupidly cheap price only to never take them out of their boxes and resold them on ebay only to want them again down the track.. <_<

No subtitles. Image Noise and sharpness is probably due to the original source. It's still very good and probably the only HD version we'll see for a while. I love all the extras included with the set, another reason why I collect these things. :)

Congrats on your 2nd Vf-4G! Looking forward to your FB2012 custom.

Thanks abbadon. The only reason I never bought that set is because they say that some of the scenes were cut from the original release. Not sure if it's true. And as of now, I'm really confuse on what's the best set to get to watch the original unedited version. With eng sub ofcourse. ;)

Regarding custom VF-4G, not as of this moment. I need to retrace the stickers and order them as waterslides. And I'm kinda delay on the one deal that I have since I'm also busy with work and family. And I also need to figure out how to paint the parts since some of the screws are covered and I don't want to ruin the plastic, etc, etc. But for sure will post it here once it's done. But not just right now. ;)

Congrats, spanner! Perfect match for the upcoming Roy VF-0S! :)

Thanks mate! I know there is a somewhat reasonable (maybe more remote so) chance that Arcadia may renew these things but even if they do and considering the snails pace at which they announce anything and the huge chunks of time between actual releases I figured I'd just get my hands on the original Yamato versions and enjoy them now rather than hold my breath waiting for a miracle to happen.. :rolleyes:

Edited by spanner76

Since I couldn't find any Lego of Poe's X-Wing locally, I decided to get this instead.

fLshNZQ.jpg?1

Was this a good choice as my first Lego purchase in more than 20 years? All the reviews I watched/read about it seem to hold it in really high regard.

Great choice 👍

Since I couldn't find any Lego of Poe's X-Wing locally, I decided to get this instead.

fLshNZQ.jpg?1

Was this a good choice as my first Lego purchase in more than 20 years? All the reviews I watched/read about it seem to hold it in really high regard.

Talk about jumping in head first. That will be a great one to start with. I have been wanting it, but other things have had priority. I have heard nothing but good about that set. Awesome ship, too.

and only a few hours later this happened! Im on a roll! woo! :o^_^:D:lol:B))

10065282a2.jpg

Photo is courtesy of 1999.co.jp and is purely for illustration purposes only. My actual item is yet to arrive..

Niiiiiiice! Congrats. I think a-51 is next on my list, but wondering if Mr.K has a V2 in the pipeline...........

Niiiiiiice! Congrats. I think a-51 is next on my list, but wondering if Mr.K has a V2 in the pipeline...........

I hope so. The 51's look awesome in every mode. Just needs a second pass at keeping it tight and tidy. I am hopeful for a v2.

Done with the build. It was awesome! Lots of techniques and parts I never saw before (well it has been 20+ years).

Z9XYPcY.jpg?1

hrAhXvW.jpg?1

6kPF91v.jpg?1

This thing is massive, and looks much better in person than in the pictures.

My only problem is... where the heck can I display this thing?

Edited by ArchieNov

Done with the build. It was awesome! Lots of techniques and parts I never saw before (well it has been 20+ years).

This thing is massive, and looks much better in person than in the pictures.

My only problem is... where the heck can I display this thing?

Sweet! The underside greeble-ing is awesome. Gonna have to get this one sooner or later. Hopefully sooner!

Thanks everyone. I have Yeti to blame for making me buy Lego again (lol just kidding :)). But I don't think I'll be getting any other UCS sets soon. If I'm not mistaken, Slave 1 is the only Star Wars UCS that is in proper scale with minifigs right?

Sweet! The underside greeble-ing is awesome. Gonna have to get this one sooner or later. Hopefully sooner!

By the way, what exactly is greeble-ing? I read it in one of the reviews, but I assumed it was tampo printing. From your comment, I think I misunderstood what it meant.

Edited by ArchieNov

Greebling is the added surface detail you see on models. Sometimes nonsensical or superfluous things added to the model to add scale. For instance, on the star wars ship models there are a lot of kit bashed parts from WW2 model kits. Tanks, planes, trucks, you name it.

Thanks everyone. I have Yeti to blame for making me buy Lego again (lol just kidding :)). But I don't think I'll be getting any other UCS sets soon. If I'm not mistaken, Slave 1 is the only Star Wars UCS that is in proper scale with minifigs right?

By the way, what exactly is greeble-ing? I read it in one of the reviews, but I assumed it was tampo printing. From your comment, I think I misunderstood what it meant.

Well there is the Millennium Falcon:

91KctfEsYxL._SL1500_.jpg

You can buy it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Lego-Ultimate-Collectors-Millennium-Falcon/dp/B0017V21EY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1442157063&sr=8-3&keywords=lego+ucs+millenium+falcon

^_^

I hope the do a UCS Ep7 Falcon once the new movie is out.

91KctfEsYxL._SL1500_.jpg

You can buy it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Lego-Ultimate-Collectors-Millennium-Falcon/dp/B0017V21EY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1442157063&sr=8-3&keywords=lego+ucs+millenium+falcon

^_^

Nice! under7k, get deal!

Looks awesome ArchieNov!

If he does id still buy em even though i just bought these two!

I would buy the Ivanov again, and if they improved the CF colour a bit, creatively perhaps as they seem to have no objection in doing :-), i would get that too. Something like this perhaps!

post-14781-0-20722900-1442162434_thumb.gif

You can buy it here:

^_^

Nice! under7k, get deal!

OMG that price lol! But if that is also in scale, I can't imagine it being something you'd be able to swoosh around or even carry without trouble. At least with the Slave 1, it's still relatively easy to pick up.

Nice! under7k, get deal!

wow 7k! bargain! the last time I saw that set for sale here in Aus it was something like $299.. I see they are asking up to and over $400 on the 2nd hand market in some places.. bit silly..

I would buy the Ivanov again, and if they improved the CF colour a bit, creatively perhaps as they seem to have no objection in doing :-), i would get that too. Something like this perhaps!

Yeah for sure the CF color is a little on the yellow-ish side.. be nice if it was closer to color in that pic. No matter though im still happy to have snagged one!