Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

The clone wars series washes a lot of prequel dirt out of your wounds. It is on Netflix, and worth getting into if you like star wars.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458290/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Echo that. And Star Wars Rebels is following right behind. Good stuff there. I'm not gonna lie, I fell a little in love with Ahsoka during the series.

Congrats on the Virgin Road and with completing your VF-1 collection! Its a satisfying feeling isn't it! I was over the moon when I finished that part of my collection. Problem afterwards was what to buy next for what!?

Thanks. It's an extremely great feeling to have a complete collection. It's an added bonus that it arrived today exactly on our wedding anniversary. My wife saw it and said it looks the same as my VF-1J Max. Lol.

med_gallery_21587_791_484747.jpg

Edited by sh9000

Thanks. It's an extremely great feeling to have a complete collection. It's an added bonus that it arrived today exactly on our wedding anniversary. My wife saw it and said it looks the same as my VF-1J Max. Lol.

Congrats! My wife also said the same thing on my Hikaru VF-1A and VF-1S. I said they just have the same color but they do have different heads and different designated number markings. :lol:

I liked some of the stuff from the prequels, like Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan, the jedi starfighters, everything related to the clone troopers, Natalie Portman...

The visuals were impressive, some of the casting left much to be desired (Hayden frakking Christiansen...) and the character writing was abysmal. Certainly not great even as movies, and I definitely acknowledge what Lucas tried, and failed hard at, to do, and the story that he tried to tell, because it had already been written. He just executed it terribly.

Oh and HAN SHOT FIRST!!!!!!!!

I was a big fan of the original trilogy, read a couple of the novels (now called Expanded Universe), collected the card game (which also had lots of trivia and information), as well as owned a couple of Star Wars technical manuals. Needless to say, I knew a lot about not just what was seen onscreen, but also the background behind a lot of things.

Then came the prequels... and it basically crapped on a lot of the things that were established before it. The worst part is, there's nothing that can be done about it because George Lucas' films are considered canon. It would've been acceptable if the story he presented in the prequels was better, but it's not. It's riddled with a bunch of inconsistencies, plot holes and is not as imaginative as the stories that came before it.

Some things that made my eyes roll:

1) Force sensitivity = Midi-Chlorian count?

2) Jango Fett clones were the original Stormtroopers? The stormtroopers in the original trilogy weren't even hinted at being clones or having that kind of origin.

3) Mace Windu has a purple lightsaber JUST BECAUSE Samuel Jackson wanted a unique color

4) Obi-Wan was a Jedi Master? On the Jedi Council even! Oh please, he was technically just a Jedi Knight

5) Trade Federation Droid Control ships in Ep1 were more than twice BIGGER than Imperial Star Destroyers in Ep4?! Imperial Star Destroyers were supposed to be the biggest starships ever made when they first launched. They were initially thought to be unfeasible due to their size and power requirements (they have something like a miniature star as their energy source).

6) etc, etc, etc...

I could rant all day just listing the dumb things the prequels did. But I will choose not to.

The clone wars series washes a lot of prequel dirt out of your wounds. It is on Netflix, and worth getting into if you like star wars.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458290/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Echo that. And Star Wars Rebels is following right behind. Good stuff there. I'm not gonna lie, I fell a little in love with Ahsoka during the series.

I've considered giving this a chance, but can't bring myself to do so. Mainly because from I've read in the past before the prequels, the Clone Wars weren't about Droids VS Jango Fett clones. It was about Clonemasters and Clones VS Clones and then later Clones VS non-clones. And HONESTLY, why the heck would you call Droids VS Clones as the Clone Wars??? It would be like calling events of Macross the Zentradi Wars. Or World War 2 as the German War. It just doesn't make sense.

Sorry, enough ranting for today...

Congrats on both the valk and the anniversary! thumbsup.gif

ArchieNov-we need to talk mate.. You missed a few details ..yes the prequels fell way short..but this isn't the Star Wars thread if your gonna go off like that😉

By the time time A New Hope happens all(mostly) the clones are dead.

Anyways since the expanded universe just got thrown out , join the club dude!

😎

ArchieNov-we need to talk mate.. You missed a few details ..yes the prequels fell way short..but this isn't the Star Wars thread if your gonna go off like that

By the time time A New Hope happens all(mostly) the clones are dead.

Anyways since the expanded universe just got thrown out , join the club dude!

Haha yeah, I know this isn't the Star Wars thread. Which is why I didn't go into too much detail into why I didn't like the prequels. Believe me, what I listed up there is just a tiny tip of the iceberg. I just hope this new movie won't be a disappointment (don't let me down JJ).

My issue is not about clones being dead or alive by the time of A New Hope. My issue is how clones suddenly became the original stormtroopers. Anyways, enough about that.

I do like the design of Poe's X-Wing, and am seriously considering purchasing one. Unfortunately it seems they are not locally available yet. And there appear to be a lot of scalpers on eBay.

I also kinda find it funny (or sad) that Lego reviewers complain a lot about its $80 price tag, when we normally buy stuff that is much smaller (Macross or otherwise) for more than double that amount of money.

My wife says all my Metal Build Gundams look the same.

Exia, 00, 0 (prototype colour), RX-78, Unicorn (in Destroy and Unicorn mode), Freedom.... Really???? I think it is just her way to say "you got too many Gundams. You don't buy more" LOL

Well said mate😊

Ya , don't worry , post X-mas it's a buyers market!

Then you get to review it yourself😉

Remember , most brick heads don't have a clue about Macross. They would loose their cookies over 1/60 scale transforming VF's.

BTW. I was into Legos WAY b4 Macross . I still buy Legos, but we're taking Apples n 'Oranges.

They just don't know..

It certainly is a nice feeling to reach that goal! Only thing is I found is that I basically hit a wall after that and struggled to find another direction to go in.. yes there are other things I could still get for other lines such as my Bandai DX stuff but it wasn't as high a priority as the VF-1 line was..

Clearing out my HLJ Virtual Warehouse.

Congrats! ;)

It certainly is a nice feeling to reach that goal! Only thing is I found is that I basically hit a wall after that and struggled to find another direction to go in.. yes there are other things I could still get for other lines such as my Bandai DX stuff but it wasn't as high a priority as the VF-1 line was..

VF-1... the be-all and end-all. :wub:

Well... until they release Version 3. Everyone can now get their VT-1, VE-1, and the Virgin Road for MSRP. Which is around Y38400 when it comes out. And that's only the basic valk. They will announce that all previous packs will still fits. :lol:

I was actually looking for the Arcadia version of the yf-19 but at the end I am reply happy adding the vf-19 advance to my small 19 squad. It was a somewhat dirty move from badai but is one of the best relations of value and price out there right now

post-30818-0-05688200-1441817999_thumb.jpg

post-30818-0-79515900-1441818034_thumb.jpg

post-30818-0-31271700-1441818074_thumb.jpg

My wife says all my Metal Build Gundams look the same.

Exia, 00, 0 (prototype colour), RX-78, Unicorn (in Destroy and Unicorn mode), Freedom.... Really???? I think it is just her way to say "you got too many Gundams. You don't buy more" LOL

I think most of the shoes out there look exactly the same.

Oh and I received my VF-27BETA today after some time in DHL Limbo. The delivery guy thought that the $30 value that was put there by NY was the customs fee I had to pay and since this wasn't in his system he couldn't hand me the package he already brought to my door step and took it away where it vanished into the void for 5 days. HLJ should pay and train their employees better but instead the outsource it to poor sods who untrained and underpayed. :(

Everything is ok with the Valkyrie. No missing parts, nothing broken and no scratched paint. Only the main wing hinges are loose.

I put on the CF head so it is different from the VF-27GAMMA. You know they look identical do you?

So my Macross Frontier Collection is almost finished. Someday I need to get a RVF-171 and a YF-25.

Edited by Scyla

I think most of the shoes out there look exactly the same.

Oh and I received my VF-27BETA today after some time in DHL Limbo. The delivery guy thought that the $30 value that was put there by NY was the customs fee I had to pay and since this wasn't in his system he couldn't hand me the package he already brought to my door step and took it away where it vanished into the void for 5 days. HLJ should pay and train their employees better but instead the outsource it to poor sods who untrained and underpayed. :(

Everything is ok with the Valkyrie. No missing parts, nothing broken and no scratched paint. Only the main wing hinges are loose.

I put on the CF head so it is different from the VF-27GAMMA. You know they look identical do you?

So my Macross Frontier Collection is almost finished. Someday I need to get a RVF-171 and a YF-25.

YF-25 is great. Easily still the tightest and qc free 25 I have.

Well... until they release Version 3. Everyone can now get their VT-1, VE-1, and the Virgin Road for MSRP. Which is around Y38400 when it comes out. And that's only the basic valk. They will announce that all previous packs will still fits. :lol:

my feelings when I think of a v3 VF-1 line..

613433-System__Resources__Image-685862.j

:o:wacko::unsure::(

Got these today. :)

Figuarts Iron Man Mk45. Figma Racing Miku 2014 EV Mirai Ver. Ex:Ride Spride.06 TT-Zero 13 Kai.

IMG_0568_zpsqq1m2gml.jpg

Takara Tomy DMZ-02 StrikeDog with Ypsilon.

IMG_0567_zpsa0lqp1rv.jpg

Yamato VF-4G Lightning III. My second one. :wub: Now I have one for Flashback2012. ;)

IMG_0566_zpsjtvbzshn.jpg

a 2nd VF-4G!!! nice work! Hope you got it at a good price!

And I got close to picking up a Hatsune & bike a few times but never did.. dang it.. regretting it now.

Congrats on your super fine purchases! :DB))

Thanks, Yeti! A little over $300 shipped. It's expensive, but I really wanted to get an 11C. :)

It's kinda ironic that the valks that were so unpopular and difficult to sell in their prime end up becoming holy grails or have the highest increases in price in the aftermarket nowadays.

I guess we can only blame ourselves for being completionist types of collectors.

Nice find! One day...

Thanks wmkjr. ;) Wait till I decided to sell one as a last resort if ever my funds dried up. Just kidding. Knock on wood. Hehehe. :lol:

@no3ljm VF-4G :wub:

Thanks Saburo. ;):wub: ...indeed.

a 2nd VF-4G!!! nice work! Hope you got it at a good price!

And I got close to picking up a Hatsune & bike a few times but never did.. dang it.. regretting it now.

Congrats on your super fine purchases! :DB))

Thanks Spanner! Yup. Got it in good price. Still expensive but it's cheaper than most out there. I'm just glad that it's under my allocated budget for it. ;) The bike and Miku is superb. It's my first Miku figure. I just bought it to display it together with Drossel Charming + Josef. ^_^

My recent Macross purchases...

Finally have this on bluray

attachicon.gifIMG_0706.jpg

...and finally have this in my collection!

attachicon.gifIMG_0716.jpg

Congrats on the bluray. That's the set, right? Let me know how's the quality. Some says there's some noises and some is not that sharp. And also, let me know if there's an English sub in it too. Congrats also on the VF-11C. Finally you have it. VF-4G, next? ;)

My new favourite toy!

And I haven't even transformed it yet.

Congrats on the Monster! Would love to have one someday. ;)

Edited by no3ljm