Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

It's the 2nd :)

It bugs me because of the holes on top the shoulders.

And those speaker pods are one of the defining features of the 19P. I wouldn't really consider it "optional" since there are no variations of the 19P that don't have them (to my knowledge, I may be wrong). So displaying them without it takes away from its identity. The only reason one may consider them as optional is because they're removable in the toy.

I guess the feeling would be similar to someone displaying an Isamu pilot figure riding the VF-4G, or having Ozma's VF-25 wearing Michael's Tornado parts. Yes, the toys allow you to do that but it doesn't look right to me.

Well, that's my OC says anyway. It's a personal thing.

I just wish someone would be proud displaying the 19P the way it's meant to look.

The 19p was not intended to have the speaker pods. Basara, and some local IT guy glued them on in Dynamite to save the space whales.

Is that a DYRL Misa figure?

Yes, it's from a dated resin kit. It's not the greatest kit of Misa, but it does come with a 1/1 scale song plate, the one that she translates for Minmay when she sings Ai Oboeteimasuka (sp?) To me, that's the real prize of that kit.

Yes, it's from a dated resin kit. It's not the greatest kit of Misa, but it does come with a 1/1 scale song plate, the one that she translates for Minmay when she sings Ai Oboeteimasuka (sp?) To me, that's the real prize of that kit.

Hey Jasonc. Can you post a picture of the song plate, please? I've seen some online before but not sure if it's the same. And I'm curious how it looks like in real life. Thanks in advance. ;)

Hey Jasonc. Can you post a picture of the song plate, please? I've seen some online before but not sure if it's the same. And I'm curious how it looks like in real life. Thanks in advance. ;)

I'll post it up once I get home from work.

sorry i can't remember if it has been mentioned previously and im not going to flick through over a hundred pages in this thread but will the old ghost booster set fit to the new Zero-A?

Yes sir Daddy-O! ;)

And not just the Zero-A. Even the Zero-ES. :lol:

Edited by no3ljm

So I made a trade with a friend that lives in Japan for this 1990 VF-1S. Very different design from the normal 1/55. Any idea why they changed it for this year? I think I'm still missing the shield canopy. I just noticed but I think this was the one that came with all the super parts dang

post-30722-0-86742200-1440724787_thumb.jpg

post-30722-0-90087600-1440724828_thumb.jpg

post-30722-0-35439000-1440724849_thumb.jpg

post-30722-0-56146000-1440724891_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shermantank

Yes sir Daddy-O! ;)

And not just the Zero-A. Even the Zero-ES. :lol:

That's handy ain't it! :)

tumblr_nhkdduxRgr1rdnfjno1_1280.jpg

I got Alto's VF-25F last Christmas, although due to shipping issues, I didn't receive it until after the New Year.

ahh very good! Better late than never! Box looks in perfect shape! was it a opened or sealed item?

I got the VF-25G and VF-25S both graded "B" from Jungle and I was a bit hesitant at first, but couldn't beat the prices (¥24,840 for the 25G and ¥15,120 for the 25S). Came out to $205 USD and $125 USD respectively, before shipping and Jungle's 5% fee.

Both came in great shape. Flawless boxes, wrapped in bubble wrap and heavy plastic underneath. All accessories and interior packaging just as if they were brand new. Aside from cut tape, the only thing that made them seem "used" was a wee bit of dust on them and some lint stuck to the tape inside.

Edited by akteon

I got the VF-25G and VF-25S both graded "B" from Jungle and I was a bit hesitant at first, but couldn't beat the prices (¥24,840 for the 25G and ¥15,120 for the 25S). Came out to $205 USD and $125 USD respectively, before shipping and Jungle's 5% fee.

Both came in great shape. Flawless boxes, wrapped in bubble wrap and heavy plastic underneath. All accessories and interior packaging just as if they were brand new. Aside from cut tape, the only thing that made them seem "used" was a wee bit of dust on them and some lint stuck to the tape inside.

B can be an odd rating on jungle. The B grade 1/60 VF-11B I purchased from them was brand new and never opened. The B grade 1/60 YF-21 had stickers applied and was missing a piece to the included stand.

B can be an odd rating on jungle. The B grade 1/60 VF-11B I purchased from them was brand new and never opened. The B grade 1/60 YF-21 had stickers applied and was missing a piece to the included stand.

I agree. I bought my Hikaru VF-1A Super Strike Sets that says Grade A. But when I got it, it has a cracked shoulder joint. :ph34r:

Jungle has been pretty good for me. Though I have only ever bought sealed or A graded items. I've had a few minor issues with Mandarake where items listed as "unopened, box damage" has in fact been opened and used. But to Mandarake's credit they have been pretty good on average 9 out of every 10 times.

I agree. I bought my Hikaru VF-1A Super Strike Sets that says Grade A. But when I got it, it has a cracked shoulder joint. :ph34r:

I would have been perfectly happy to buy the B grade RVF-171 they had listed and saved 4k yen but it sold before I finally decided to get one. I think because they move physically less stuff than Mandarake for example the odds of having trouble are less. I have good confidence in Jungle.

And sometimes they do post what's the condition of the toys. Sometimes they will grade it as B when all you will see is just a small corner dent on the box. But otherwise I'm a happy Jungle customer too. When it's not available in Mandarake, they're the next store I'd go to before diving it towards Buyee or FromJapan as a last resort. ;)

And sometimes they do post what's the condition of the toys. Sometimes they will grade it as B when all you will see is just a small corner dent on the box. But otherwise I'm a happy Jungle customer too. When it's not available in Mandarake, they're the next store I'd go to before diving it towards Buyee or FromJapan as a last resort. ;)

I have now bought nearly a dozen or so items from YJA through Buyee and have had great success! Even with the super expensive Max & Milia VF-1J pair and the Super Ostrich which all came exactly as described (mint and unopened!) I know some folks have had some trouble buying from YJA.. Yes there is definitely more risk with them as they aren't a proper store as such but you still have to consider your purchase wisely before making a final decision..

I have now bought nearly a dozen or so items from YJA through Buyee and have had great success! Even with the super expensive Max & Milia VF-1J pair and the Super Ostrich which all came exactly as described (mint and unopened!) I know some folks have had some trouble buying from YJA.. Yes there is definitely more risk with them as they aren't a proper store as such but you still have to consider your purchase wisely before making a final decision..

True. And besides, almost all the Japanese who sells toys via YJA are all hobbyist. So you know atleast 90% of them knows how to take good care of what they're selling. ;)

second that. most B items I bought were between OK-ish and great, except for the ...

SV-51 ivanov whose thighs disintegrated at the slightest touch on both legs (previous owner's fault). Had to use my super-glue-ing "skills" to put them back together like humpty dumpty. Cant blame Jungle, since I dont expect them to inspect each toy thoroughly. Its like playing russian roulette.

Periodically check jungle, and mandarake.

What's the link for jungle? I am not familiar with them. Thanks.

Edit: What's the difference between the QF-2200D-A and the QF-2200D-B? Are both of them good for attaching to the VF-0?

Edited by ArchieNov