Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

@CY

Ordin looks awesome! Yeti do you have Green Giant? if so can you do side by side photo with Ordin?

I do. I will take a side by side this weekend.

Edit for pics:

UBA4Gqkl.jpg

qskOtKRl.jpg

JVkGR5Ml.jpg

KDHgrrol.jpg

A1nibuIl.jpg

CNzIjBxl.jpg

V2VFFtYl.jpg

90Vvm9gl.jpg

sunYnMol.jpg

GqY79GEl.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

So July was a super expensive month. I got the:

VF-19ADVANCE

VF-171 Itasha

VF-1J GBP

MB GoldFrame

SRC GaoFighGar

FansToys Sever

TF Cloud Shockwave

FansProject Quake

But out of all of these I think the toy I played the most with is a $3 Mega Blocks Halo Minifig I got out of a blind bag. These are just so fun to play with and I want more!!!! At least the two with the energy swords from the Bravo Wave. :lol:

I also really like the Cloud Shockwave. The vibrant purple color just pops. I haven't read the packed in comic yet (that is Japanese with English subtitles) so I'm not sure if Hellwarp is enough of a Skywarp homage to get it for my Skywarp collection. :)

[edit:] Seems I'm out of luck. On page 4 of the comic it states that: "Megatron evolved his man Skywarp into Hellwarp with his paranormal power." Oh well....

....I really like that the comics have English text in them. Something I always missed from the Alternity comics.

Edited by Scyla

Been bitten by the TF bug and I'm trying to keep it under control but it's too much fun!

K50vmKAl.jpg
7tDT9Lzl.jpg
NYkxn3El.jpg
UdpFhfCl.jpg

Really dig the difference in size between these two, Optimus is one big mofo! I still feel that his shoulder articulation could have been better... but still awesome!

@ChaoticYeti Sweet Devastator! I can hardly wait for TT Devy on december...

Oh, didn't realize that the SRC Grendizer that came along with the Spazer had recolored biceps, thighs and waist. On the original release they were silver. Now they look white.

Me niether, even the promo shots show it with a grey color on arms and legs, looks a little odd, but not bad at all.

Edited by Mr Bomber

Thanks for posting the photos ChaoticYeti! And as I suspected Ordin is too big to fit on shelves for my TF collection. I gotta figure out something. :unsure:

@Sixtybucks, great shots! Optimus is awesome and Bumblebee be is really fun to pose.

maybe you can make it do the Ironman pose.

Great purchases everyone! ;)

My haul this month. Play Arts Kai FFVII Advent Children Cloud Strife. Microman Chirico Cuvie. Takara DMZ-05 Scopedog Turbo Custom. I really like my first Takara DMZ Scopedog even though it's hard to balance it. I know I'm late into this game, but this one is still worth it. I prefer it over the Yamato one due to weathering and tampo. Size wise it's really perfect with the rest of my collections. Now waiting for DMZ-02 and another Microman Chirico Cuvie figure since the one I bought didn't came with the pilot helmet head so I bought a different version. ;)

Thanks to Jenius for all his opinions and insight on this Votoms figure. Check the rest of his Votoms reviews on his website: http://anymoon.com/blog/?cat=76

post-5552-0-48541500-1437963728_thumb.jpg

So much awesomeness Spanner76 :D

haha! thanks mate! ^_^

Been bitten by the TF bug and I'm trying to keep it under control but it's too much fun!

K50vmKAl.jpg

7tDT9Lzl.jpg

NYkxn3El.jpg

UdpFhfCl.jpg

Really dig the difference in size between these two, Optimus is one big mofo! I still feel that his shoulder articulation could have been better... but still awesome!

@ChaoticYeti Sweet Devastator! I can hardly wait for TT Devy on december...

Fantastic photos $60!!!

Just to add to the MP-10 re-issue madness :lol: :

20018724956_4e9ae4f3f5_c.jpg
I ordered the Red Alternity Prime/Convoy from Mandarake a while back, but had waited for the release of the MP-10 re-issue to open it so that I could put them side by side.

19858351179_785b251a89_c.jpg
It's no Knight Rider scene, but man, I've always wanted to have a trailer truck with a car inside! Now I have transforming ones too! Woot!

20045034565_eb32c818b1_c.jpg
The Alternity Prime/Convoy is scaled perfectly with the MP-10. Once I get over my laziness, I'll transform the Alternity Prime/Convoy to have it man the combat deck on the MP-10's trailer. :ph34r:

19424057923_2b990582af_c.jpg
Even the Spike Witwicky figure of the MP-10 fits snugly into the cockpit of the Alternity Prime/Convoy! Which is why I bought it in favor over the Masterpiece Sideswipe, which I understand, cannot accommodate a figure inside. These Prime/Convoy figures are just BOSS. :D

Saburo, just find a nice squatting pose :p

:lol: I think I'll need a get a new shelf... I'll figure something out. :D

maybe you can make it do the Ironman pose.

That would be cool, but more than likely it will look like he doing a pushup rather than the Ironman pose. :lol:

My haul this month. Play Arts Kai FFVII Advent Children Cloud Strife. Microman Chirico Cuvie. Takara DMZ-05 Scopedog Turbo Custom. I really like my first Takara DMZ Scopedog even though it's hard to balance it. I know I'm late into this game, but this one is still worth it. I prefer it over the Yamato one due to weathering and tampo. Size wise it's really perfect with the rest of my collections. Now waiting for DMZ-02 and another Microman Chirico Cuvie figure since the one I bought didn't came with the pilot helmet head so I bought a different version. ;)

Thanks to Jenius for all his opinions and insight on this Votoms figure. Check the rest of his Votoms reviews on his website: http://anymoon.com/blog/?cat=76

attachicon.gifIMG_0364.JPG

NICE! Votoms!!

Just to add to the MP-10 re-issue madness :lol: :

I ordered the Red Alternity Prime/Convoy from Mandarake a while back, but had waited for the release of the MP-10 re-issue to open it so that I could put them side by side.

It's no Knight Rider scene, but man, I've always wanted to have a trailer truck with a car inside! Now I have transforming ones too! Woot!

The Alternity Prime/Convoy is scaled perfectly with the MP-10. Once I get over my laziness, I'll transform the Alternity Prime/Convoy to have it man the combat deck on the MP-10's trailer. :ph34r:

Even the Spike Witwicky figure of the MP-10 fits snugly into the cockpit of the Alternity Prime/Convoy! Which is why I bought it in favor over the Masterpiece Sideswipe, which I understand, cannot accommodate a figure inside. These Prime/Convoy figures are just BOSS. :D

Nice pickups, I love that Alternity Convoy/Prime.

Cool purchases, guys!

I tried to keep my collection to Macross and TF MPs only, but it's hard to resist other toy lines. Recently got into S.H.Figuarts myself. Slippery slope...

I was considering collecting TF MPs, but I decided Macross take priority so no MPs. :D My entire S.H.Figurarts collection consists of 3 Tokusatsu characters and their motorcycles. Good luck to you, they are not too expensive, but there are many of them.

I am very much interested in Takara/Tomy Diaclone Reboot, that is going to cause some serious hurt combined with Macross and camera gear. My bank account is going to take a beating.

I was considering collecting TF MPs, but I decided Macross take priority so no MPs. :D My entire S.H.Figurarts collection consists of 3 Tokusatsu characters and their motorcycles. Good luck to you, they are not too expensive, but there are many of them.

I am very much interested in Takara/Tomy Diaclone Reboot, that is going to cause some serious hurt combined with Macross and camera gear. My bank account is going to take a beating.

Yup, I agree, Macross takes priority, that's why I only have the season 1 Autobots so far. Problem with Macross is that I also collect media stuff such as Blurays and CDs, which are just as expensive as the toy valks, so yeah, no respite for my bank account as well.

*snip*

That is one big box for an action figure. How tall is the PlayArts Kai Cloud?

That is one big box for an action figure. How tall is the PlayArts Kai Cloud?

He stands almost 11in. Based on the info it's 277mm. So it's 10.91in. He's pretty big. I wonder how tall Sephiroth is going to be if ever Play Arts decides to make a Kai version of him. ^_^

I didn't expect this figure is going to be huge. I bought the PA Kai Dissidia Cloud Strife before so I could display it together. But the Dissidia one is now so small to look at. :lol:

Anyways, wish they will make a Sephiroth soon.

Found these old kits in a tiny hobby shop in Gunma, Japan. Super happy

post-25-0-47302700-1438245044_thumb.jpg

Found Maruyama in Akiba Mandarake for 20000, no tax

post-25-0-98413800-1438245347_thumb.jpg

Was so tempted to buy this YF-29B in tam tam tax free but decided not to since I already had two

post-25-0-68586200-1438245466_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon

I just placed my order for a VF-19 Advance, and I should get it in a couple of weeks, or maybe a bit sooner. I'm very excited! Now that I have a job, I can see my collection growing a bit more, but next purchase is definitely super parts for my VF-171EX. Maybe I'll try to get some super parts for my VF-25F as well.

Its nothing like th

I'd like to see how bad your Snake's face is, unfortunately his face paint apps appear to be all over the place.

Its nothing like the prototype but its not too bad, definitely looks a lot worse in pics with the flash on but i still like it :) Looking forward to buying a couple of Gurlukovich soldiers ;)

154550C3-F70D-44B2-845A-01B3BC844F7A.jpg

91DF9ECF-5FBA-41FA-802F-CF194B1E800A.jpg

08759FAF-2867-4537-84DD-44828D379708.jpg

Recent arrivals that I haven't had time to open yet. Yeah I did say before I was gonna pass on the Maruyama VF-171EX, but for only 16000 yen I went ahead and pulled the trigger. And that makes three VF-19s now. :)

post-5703-0-44565300-1438281982_thumb.jpg

I loved the show as a kid, and always found this suits great

attachicon.gif2015-07-24 18.06.58.jpg

Armor Plus Sol Tekkaman 1 Kai

That's pretty sweet! I have the figma Blade and Evil. Wish they'd release the others in figma form!

Edited by Lolicon