Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

nah, it's a cheap squire :p doesn't even say fender on it. you got good eyes.

i finally got one :wub:

IMG_2372_zps60lwzihn.jpg

it's sealed and never coming out of the box.

LUCKY!!! Its going to take some serous will power to not open that box with that beautiful bike inside! B))

Guest davidwhangchoi

LUCKY!!! Its going to take some serous will power to not open that box with that beautiful bike inside! B))

yeah, its hard , im staring at the box right now :unsure:

i cancelled my 29b 2x, arcadia vf-1j armor and used the funds on this instead.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

IMG_2372_zps60lwzihn.jpg

Cool! Congrats David! ;) Did you got that from the link I sent you?

Anyways, great purchase! I really envy you this time. :unsure: That's also part of my list when it gets cheaper. But looks like it will not. Hehehe. :lol: Post some pix when you decided to open it. ^_^

IMG_2372_zps60lwzihn.jpg

I remember watching Akira when I was a kid. How much is this going for? Is this like hot toys figure? Sorry for lack of knowledge on this... :mellow:

I remember watching Akira when I was a kid. How much is this going for? Is this like hot toys figure? Sorry for lack of knowledge on this... :mellow:

Usually, the bike now goes around $1000 over at eBay. It was initially released around $300-400(?) just the bike itself. Not sure how much the initial price with the additional cowling set.

Size-wise, they're one-sixth scale. Same size at Hot Toys though this one is made by Medicom/Bandai joint venture. Hence the title Project BM! Kaneda figure was made by Medicom and the bike itself was made by Bandai. The bike features diecast parts, some LED lights and sound. It's a great masterpiece on its own. But ofcourse this will not be complete if you don't have the Kaneda figure.

Here's a video review:

Hi guys,

I'm new here and this is my first post. These are my two new purchases. Fiancee and myself just got our first house and someone gave us two display cabinets, which has got me collecting again. Before today the only 1/60 macross piece I had was my favourite destroid hiding in the background in the photo that was purchased when it first came out. Hoping to get hold of a VF-1D(at least version 2) and a VF-1S with super armour in the near future to complete my mini collection.
Nice to meet everyone on these forums :3

post-30650-0-87008900-1433879636_thumb.jpg

Edited by loko77

Hi guys,

I'm new here and this is my first post. These are my two new purchases. Fiancee and myself just got out first house and someone gave us two display cabinets, which has got me collecting again. Before today the only 1/60 macross piece I had was my favourite destroid hiding in the background in the photo that was purchased when it first came out. Hoping to get hold of a VF-1D(at least version 2) and a VF-1S with super armour in the near future to complete my mini collection.

Nice to meet everyone on these forums :3

Welcome aboard loko77. And great start on your collection. ;)

Usually, the bike now goes around $1000 over at eBay. It was initially released around $300-400(?) just the bike itself. Not sure how much the initial price with the additional cowling set.

Size-wise, they're one-sixth scale. Same size at Hot Toys though this one is made by Medicom/Bandai joint venture. Hence the title Project BM! Kaneda figure was made by Medicom and the bike itself was made by Bandai. The bike features diecast parts, some LED lights and sound. It's a great masterpiece on its own. But ofcourse this will not be complete if you don't have the Kaneda figure.

Here's a video review:

Thanks, learn something new everyday!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Great purchases, guys!

David, awesome purchase right there! I remember the video reviews for this. Looks like a really fantastic toy!

yeah while looking for this i was watching the reviews and drooling over it :wub:

Sweet bike.

thx!

Cool! Congrats David! ;) Did you got that from the link I sent you?

Anyways, great purchase! I really envy you this time. :unsure: That's also part of my list when it gets cheaper. But looks like it will not. Hehehe. :lol: Post some pix when you decided to open it. ^_^

i didn't get it directly from the link but from a contact. thanks though for that link.

Free it!!!! It deserves to see the light of day ;)

ugh tempting :unsure:

The Bike of Bikes! Dam that's a great collection piece David!

I'd love to get it but man the price is too high. I'm going with the Lego route and building one. Some people put together a really nice Manuel to build one. Now to hunt for Lego parts...

Haha! That looks wicked, no3ljm! Makes me want to mess around with my Yamato GBP.

Thanks abbadon! ;) the only thing that will throw you off is the colors. Unless, you'll paint the strike packs into the GBP colors. Or you could just Photoshop it, like I did. Hehehe. :lol:

Picked up this baby unused for under $100. :)

Now I have to find Max's. *sigh*

And finally finished my Pixie Squadron too. :)

Wow! That's a good catch! Hope you snag Max under $100 too. ;)

And finally finished my Pixie Squadron too. :)

Wow, congrats on the Pixie Squadron Lolicon! Been looking around for the gray Nene and Lalamia versions. May I ask where you got them from?

This arrived today....

*snip*

Ozma, not Michael. My collection is currently hanging on the wet bar until I finish building its new home.

Congrats! ;)

Got Apollyon two weeks ago, great representation of G1 Megatron and great figure all around. No issues with my copy. Quick phone pics:

Wow! That looks awesome. It's so Megatron. :o How big is this compared to the Masterpiece version? And which one is more expensive? I do have some Transformers that I want to buy besides my Hot Rod/Rodimus collection. But I know for sure that if I started collecting or buying a different line, it's not going to end. :unsure:

Congrats! ;)

Wow! That looks awesome. It's so Megatron. :o How big is this compared to the Masterpiece version? And which one is more expensive? I do have some Transformers that I want to buy besides my Hot Rod/Rodimus collection. But I know for sure that if I started collecting or buying a different line, it's not going to end. :unsure:

Apollyon is smaller than MP5 Masterpiece Megatron (because it's meant to scale with the newer MP10 Optimus Prime). The first run was $150 before shipping, the second run should be hitting stores end of June and it's going to be $165. It's totally worth it IMO.

Apollyon is smaller than MP5 Masterpiece Megatron (because it's meant to scale with the newer MP10 Optimus Prime). The first run was $150 before shipping, the second run should be hitting stores end of June and it's going to be $165. It's totally worth it IMO.

Thanks Ignacio. And it didn't come with the 'orange plug', I assume?

Both the scope and the barrel came with the plug. The plug from the barrel was very easy to take off (now the scope barrel was a real pain in the ass :D ).

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Both the scope and the barrel came with the plug. The plug from the barrel was very easy to take off (now the scope barrel was a real pain in the ass :D ).

I see. Thanks Ignacio! Hope you post pictures soon along with a VF-1. So we can see the height comparison. ;)