Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Constantly tempted to get a brownie from hkc. You are not helping!

Maybe we should do a group buy? Im tempted too on the brownie, even more so since the price dropped to $95...and were both in Minneapolis...lemme know when you finally give in

One had Hikaru and the other one didn't? Or was it the grey one that had him? I know the white one doesn't have him.

Edited by wmkjr

You are on a roll, anubis! Great purchases! I particularly like the fan racers.

Thanks! Yes i got the macross itch again and im just about done. Got a few more birds coming in this week and next week and now I just need a DYRL Roy 1S to complete everything ive wanted.

One had Hikaru and the other one didn't? Or was it the grey one that had him? I know the white one doesn't have him.

That is correct, the white one has no pilot and seems to be made of plain ABS plastic. The grey one is made of HDP, same material as the 1/60 regult (and the 1/2000 SDF-1?) and has the Hikaru figure. I built the HDP one for a friend a few years ago and now decided i wanna build one for myself :lol:

Edited by anubis20

That thing have some amazing detail. I couldn't have something like that in my collection because it would just creep me out. :lol:

And that's one of the reasons why I want it. hehee. Some people like cars, jewelry, travel, booze, etc. I like fine art :D

Edited by sharpnel

Finally acquired a YF-21, fast pack will be coming from Japan with the final valks from this macross splurge. BTW i find it odd that the manual didnt come taped to the back as its common with yamato stuff. Was this just mine or all of them were like that on the reissue?

DA0A6704-8298-4420-989F-0B3A748357AC.jpg

A36D4552-EC8B-4AD9-85C3-1644F237D3EC.jpg

@anubis20 very nice! Congrats on your 21! :)

Was it listed as new or unopened? I noticed that with some of my Valks which were listed as MISB or unopened and the manual was not taped on.. Not sure if they packaged Valks differently for any of the re-issues?

Edited by spanner76

I have bought quite a few things from Jungle and its always been quick and easy. What made you hate buying from them? Did something not so desirable happen?

Their 5% "handling fee" and they have overcharged me on shipping (nippon yasan style) on top of that.

Does this have the rainbow tinted canopy?

No it does not.

Their 5% "handling fee" and they have overcharged me on shipping (nippon yasan style) on top of that.

ahhh ok. yeah some fees can be a little excessive.. I understand if they charge a handling fee on a very cheap item which won't make them much profit but not something up to or greater than 20,000yen..

its basically profiteering and or plain greedy.

I recently bought a few books from Mandarake and they charged me 500y for handling as the books were only 4000yen and under the 5000yen threshold then charged me 4000yen for shipping which is just as much as its cost for whole Valks in the past! which of course are much larger and heavier than the books package was.. so a few cheap books turned out to be not so cheap in the end but I dare not cancel or they get the s@#$'s and ban you..

It can surely take the fun out of buying something when they do that to you.

dont worry about cancelling at mandarake, I cancelled 3 to 4 times now this year and they haven't banned me. Just make sure you send an email about cancellation and not let it expire and they cancel it for you.

jungle prices might be expensive with all of that fees but it is still cheaper than what Ebay has constantly asking.

I really want a YF-21 now!!!

Get one now!! When the Arcadia YF-19 came out I had so many chances to get one at $180 :( Now i had to pay more and get the fast pack separately. :rolleyes: Either supply is drying up or I suck at finding a good deal :lol:

Yup. Get YF-21 now. Then sell it later if Arcadia decides to redo it. That's what I'm going to do with my other one. Even if I need to sell it cheap. Coz I got it bargain too. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

If I can find one for a good price I might have to grab one. The VF-11B & 21 were my favorites from Mac Plus.

I have a VF-11B & did reserve Bandai's VF-19 Advanced, so a YF-21 would complete this part of my collection! B))

Picked up another fine little addition to my ever growing Yamato Girls collection! This time it's the lovely Kiryuu Mikage! :)

Awesome!!! You should put an updated pic off your Yamato Girls collection.