Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Got this guy off ebay for $162 Shipped.

No box but it's in mint conditioned and never transformed. Nice addition to my DYRL shelf.

I love how bulky and full these things look on their landing gear.

Wow, that is one hell of a deal!

Edited by Saburo

Cool. I wonder what he bought with the sale money :D

haha I asked him and this was his response. "I still have 8 Yamato macross valkyries in my cabinet. I spent quite a bit lately to acquire a yf29 and 2 vf25 chogokin."

Wonder he is a member on this board.

Edited by dapro

Thanks. I don't have any skill in painting, so thankfully the Unicorn's color scheme doesn't need it since it's just white, black, gray, along with translucent parts. This was a really good kit, and putting in all the LEDs and wiring was an interesting experience. Some early detractors were calling it just a scaled-up Master Grade. While it may share some similarities with the MG, believe me IT IS NOT just a scaled-up MG.

This was definitely the most expensive model kit I have ever purchased. It actually cost me more to get this + the LEDs than it did to purchase a VF-4. But you know, it was worth it. One thing I like about building a model kit is admiring your work after it's completed. Sure, mine is mostly a straight build out of the box with just some panel lining, but I can spend hours just looking at it, knowing that I put this great looking thing together. It's also awesome that with these Perfect Grade model kits, you get to understand all the intricate engineering and mechanisms beneath its exterior.

Lastly, with all the lights, it also serves as my own Christmas tree. Hahaha!

I got this just before Christmas, and took 5 days to put together. The RX-78 and VF-1J are just for size comparisons.

tb5d98w.jpg

Wow, Gundams are huge compared to valks! And I bet there's even larger ones!

Using that pic and the pic below as a reference to see how big a real life VF-1 would be. :blink:

60-foot-gundam-21.jpg

Wow, Gundams are huge compared to valks! And I bet there's even larger ones!

Using that pic and the pic below as a reference to see how big a real life VF-1 would be. :blink:

60-foot-gundam-21.jpg

You would've thought that after over 30 years of Macross they would be at least a VF-1 statue somewhere but no.. <_<

The largest Valkyrie on display that I know of is the partial VF-25F exhibit thing.. This Gundam statue is mighty impressive but we need a Valkyrie statue c'mon!! I say we start a petition to get one built! :D

Heck I'd even make a donation towards it! ^_^

Even if they built a full size VF-1 in fighter mode seriously how cool would that be!!! B))

Edited by spanner76

Wow!!! How much you did you get for this?

I also saw a joke machine here in Japan, comes with the box and accessories except the gun for 85usd? Is the price fair? Item is not mint. No damage on the item, some wear on the box, but still presentable.

I paid 40 bucks shipped. Which joke machine did you find for that price? I'm not really sure what the going "value" is on these little guys but the joke machine/veritechs have always been a favorite of mine. I wish they'd bring them back with the same sculpt.

Guest davidwhangchoi

finally got the vf-1j. i've got all of the hikaru piloted valks in the 1/60 scale now. 2015 is off to a good start. :D

hikaru looks great on the flightpose!

2015 has started out with a bang for me, because I just obtained a brand new unopened VF-4G and the best part about it was I bought it locally! :D :D :D

My friend, I refer to him as the Chogokin Master because collects Chogokin/Super Robots (his collection is something to behold), he decided to sell his VF-4G to me for a great price so he can focus on getting more Chogokin/Super Robots. He does have some Macross related stuff left.

VF4G_box_zpsfb768579.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

2015 has started out with a bang for me, because I just obtained a brand new unopened VF-4G and the best part about it was I bought it locally! :D :D :D

My friend, I refer to him as the Chogokin Master because collects Chogokin/Super Robots (his collection is something to behold), he decided to sell his VF-4G to me for a great price so he can focus on getting more Chogokin/Super Robots. He does have some Macross related stuff left.

VF4G_box_zpsfb768579.jpg

damn! that's the best looking photo i've seen of the box

jk, congrats on getting a 4g!! Saburo

Edited by davidwhangchoi

damn! that's the best looking photo i've seen of the box

jk, congrats on getting a 4g!! Saburo

hahaha! Thank you! I couldn't but but stare at it for a while. I have been searching for one for a while now and now the quest is over.

Amazing! Great purchase indeed! Congrats!

Thank you. I almost don't want to open the box.

That is sweet.

Looks like I'll be needing a YetiStand for this one. If I can bring myself to opening the box. :lol:

Nice one. Big buy for any macross fan.

Yes, it is. I didn't think I would be able to get one.

VF4G_box_zpsfb768579.jpg

congrats mate on this fine purchase! B)) A must for any serious Valkyrie collector! such as yourself.. ^_^ Welcome to the VF-4 owners club! ;):p

Edited by spanner76

congrats mate on this fine purchase! B)) A must for any serious Valkyrie collector! such as yourself.. ^_^ Welcome to the VF-4 owners club! ;):p

Thanks Spanner! I am extremely grateful to my friend for selling me his VF-4G, and glad to be part of the VF-4 owners club. ;) Now that my quest is over, I don't know what to do with myself. What to hunt down next...?

Thanks Spanner! I am extremely grateful to my friend for selling me his VF-4G, and glad to be part of the VF-4 owners club. ;) Now that my quest is over, I don't know what to do with myself. What to hunt down next...?

1:1 VF-1s