Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

After deciding my Alto 29 should have super packs like my other ones, I got a set off of Mandarake which arrived last week. Just opened it today and I found a part was missing...

One of the fold out plates on the tip of the starboard fold wave emitter was missing.

DSC_6361.jpgDSC_6362.jpg

It was marked as opened and box damaged but never mentioned anything about parts missing. Oh well. I knew it is always a gamble when buying an opened box from Mandarake.

I've got a spare set of YF-29 super parts for the 20th anniversary version so I'll just steal a piece from there and repaint it white.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Guest davidwhangchoi

After deciding my Alto 29 should have super packs like my other ones, I got a set off of Mandarake which arrived last week. Just opened it today and I found a part was missing...

One of the fold out plates on the tip of the starboard fold wave emitter was missing.

DSC_6361.jpgDSC_6362.jpg

It was marked as opened and box damaged but never mentioned anything about parts missing. Oh well. I knew it is always a gamble when buying an opened box from Mandarake.

I've got a spare set of YF-29 super parts for the 20th anniversary version so I'll just steal a piece from there and repaint it white.

contact them. they took care of me.

they paid for return shipping and refunded amount plus all shipping charges. (i think it depends on which mandrake store. i dealt with mandrake complex the main store).

B. Anything I need to worry about? Thanks!

I've never gotten a b from jungle but they do pack their merch well. The valks I got were bubble wrapped and also wrapped in thick clear plastic (like the stuff that textbooks used to be wrapped in).

Link to their descriptions of 'grades': http://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/?page_id=75

Edited by McFly!!

contact them. they took care of me.

they paid for return shipping and refunded amount plus all shipping charges. (i think it depends on which mandrake store. i dealt with mandrake complex the main store).

Oh, I didn't think they would take things back since they put on the product page:

*all items are second hand and sold “AS IS” condition

please expect minor stain/damage on both package and contents.

Mine did come from the Akihabara store. Oh well, too late for me now. I already started panel lining it with an oil wash and took a piece from my spare 30th Ann. super parts and painted it off-white.

DSC_6361.jpgDSC_6362.jpg

OMG that would piss me off sooooo much

Guest davidwhangchoi

Oh, I didn't think they would take things back since they put on the product page:

Mine did come from the Akihabara store. Oh well, too late for me now. I already started panel lining it with an oil wash and took a piece from my spare 30th Ann. super parts and painted it off-white.

regardless, they will list all damages which in this case, they missed.

just send them an email with the photos you posted. they'll offer to compensate you for the damage or offer a return and refund. and you can take the compensation.

good luck!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Saburo, here is the how-to thread on the tinted canopies:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38491

In it Graham notes that dish washing detergent also works at removing a cracking/flaking canopy finish. You can use this as an alternative to Isopropyl alcohol since it will not mar the paint/printing. The flaking seems to be more of a QC issue with the finish itself. I'm not sure what Yamato had to mix to get the affect, but it looks like a percentage of those early releases have a built in time limit.

My rainbow canopies still look great, for what its worth. Gimmick or not, I like them too.

(edit: fixed thread discription)

Thanks for the link! I really like the effect of the tinted canopy in photographs. :)

Sorry hear that, I hope you can get it resolved with Manda.

Thanks to this thread, when I get the VF-1A Cavalier in, I'll be looking for the rainbow tint and remove it if necessary. Thanks for the tip everyone! I should probably contribute some pics soon of my collection that I had to rebuild. But I don't know how everyone feels about crappy cell phone pics. :D

Edited by Dark Skull

Thanks to this thread, when I get the VF-1A Cavalier in, I'll be looking for the rainbow tint and remove it if necessary. Thanks for the tip everyone! I should probably contribute some pics soon of my collection that I had to rebuild. But I don't know how everyone feels about crappy cell phone pics. :D

you have bought one, or looking for one? here's one on Mandarake : http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1890582.html

sorry for being off topic :ph34r:

you have bought one, or looking for one? here's one on Mandarake : http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1890582.html

sorry for being off topic :ph34r:

Oh no, I have a Cavalier on the way. It's making it's way across the Pacific as we speak B)) And that one is a link to a VF-X that I purchased recently as well. In the middle of trying to get a 1/60 VF-1J Mass production....and man those things are so hard to find lol. I hate having to have gotten back to collecting Macross stuff so late.

a few new purchases and arrivals..

my beautiful new white suit Akira Yamamoto arrived!

attachicon.gif20141118_221647.jpg

and also pre-ordered me a TSM 1:18 1977 Tyrrell P34 Monaco race version.

Oooooo.. white flight suit Akira! So nice. :wub:

attachicon.gifVF-1S low visual (1 of 1).jpg

Hi all :) After about a year and half of almost desperate looking, finally I got this one :)

Congrats on getting the Low-viz VF-1S Focker. :)

The cav has a clear canopy. So you've got nothing to worry about there.

Oh cool. I'm assuming the VF-1S low viz has the rainbow tinted canopy? I think aside from the vf-1j mass production, that'd be the next one I'd hunt down.

attachicon.gifVF-1S low visual (1 of 1).jpg

Hi all :) After about a year and half of almost desperate looking, finally I got this one :)

Nice! I need to find one lol

Oooooo.. white flight suit Akira! So nice. :wub:

Congrats on getting the Low-viz VF-1S Focker. :)

Oh cool. I'm assuming the VF-1S low viz has the rainbow tinted canopy? I think aside from the vf-1j mass production, that'd be the next one I'd hunt down.

Nice! I need to find one lol

Yeah the low vis has a tinted one if I remember correctly.

Thanks guys; Saburo, your photo shoot never stop amazed me. Dark Skull, you might want to check AE now dude :) and you are correct Falcon18 sir, this VF-1S lo-viz also have a rainbow tinted canopy.

Thanks guys; Saburo, your photo shoot never stop amazed me. Dark Skull, you might want to check AE now dude :) and you are correct Falcon18 sir, this VF-1S lo-viz also have a rainbow tinted canopy.

AE? I'm assuming anime export? I'm posting from my phone at work right now. Got a link?

Yeah the low vis has a tinted one if I remember correctly.

@ Falcon18 - Ah ok, gotcha. Thanks :)

@Fighting 103. I found it on AE and went and scrounged up some extra cash and bought it. I hope the tint isn't cracking on it when I get it. At the very least, I now know what to do about it :)

BTW, I think I'm searching under the wrong terms, but is there a video on how to properly transform these nice 1/60 valks? I mean, it's kinda like the 1/48s, and those I have no problems with. However, when it comes to tabbing the legs into the nose....I can't seem to get it in right and I don't want to break it. :( Sorry for the n00b question, but I'm new to the 1/60s and I can't read the Japanese instructions :lol:

@ Falcon18 - Ah ok, gotcha. Thanks :)

@Fighting 103. I found it on AE and went and scrounged up some extra cash and bought it. I hope the tint isn't cracking on it when I get it. At the very least, I now know what to do about it :)

BTW, I think I'm searching under the wrong terms, but is there a video on how to properly transform these nice 1/60 valks? I mean, it's kinda like the 1/48s, and those I have no problems with. However, when it comes to tabbing the legs into the nose....I can't seem to get it in right and I don't want to break it. :( Sorry for the n00b question, but I'm new to the 1/60s and I can't read the Japanese instructions :lol:

Well done dude! :D that 1/60 low-vis is trully have capability to fly off the radar huh? Haha! Especially that one with mint sealed condition.