Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Welcome to MW NOD. :) For a 5-year-old to take such great care of his toys is a pretty great thing imo. Most 5-year-olds usually play and smash their stuff. Heck, even olders ones might do that too. You've got a collector in the making there. ;)

Crazy Haul is Crazy

Great haul. I saw your post on the FS thread. Glad everything worked out for you. 280 shipped for 25G + supers is a great deal despite the panic you had to go through. :p

BTW, how in Holy Hell do you guys not end up buying like 3 of these a night? They're just so friggin' cool.

I honestly don't see how I'm gonna finish Christmas season without like 50 of these.

Also, where can I find DUBBED versions of 7, Frontier, Plus, and Zero? Whether it's a sign of my being a derelict as a parent or whatever, my son can't do subtitles. And it seems incredibly difficult to find these series in dubbed form rather than subtitle form.

And thanks for the warm welcome, guys. Really. It almost feels like you're being very welcoming to a US football fan on a soccer forum (which would never happen). I'd expect some degree of smarta$$itude and snide comments. Really appreciate it.

I abjectly apologize for this question, but what do you guys consider the, say, 5 coolest/neatest Yamato/Bandai 1/60 figures? My guess is that what you'll pick will be the ridiculously-priced/ rare ones, but I strongly value your opinions, and I kinda want to hit the ground running...

Edited by NOD

Cause priorities. We (at least I) don't have infinite funds or a steady income (college student). So I just get what I want and love. Indeed every single one of them is cool and you'll want all of them.

Not sure if there're dubbed versions of 7, Frontier and Zero. But there is a dubbed version of Plus.

Link to the MW thread here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=37865

No smartassiness here. Everyone here is friendly and would help you with things if you need help with them. It's a friendly community. :)

As to the coolest/neatest figures. That's up to personal preference really. For example, some like the designs of Frontier but some don't. Hard to say. Individual tastes.

Hello NOD! Welcome to the madness of valk collecting! :-)

AFAIK, there is no dubbed versions of Mac 7, Frontier and Zero, as these weren't released in the US (long story, and one you can learn by browsing the forums here). As for Macross Plus, there is a Blu-ray/DVD release with english dub out now. You can find out the details on that release here : http://www.macrossworld.com/5078/macross-plus-arrives-on-blu-ray/

As for the "coolest" valks, well now, I think you should seriously consider what you're asking for here at MW. MW members are quite passionate about their choices. :-)

As for myself, I've always been a fan of the VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, and consider this a mandatory purchase if you're a Macross Fan. On equal footing with the VF-1 is the VF-25S Armored Messiah, Super VF-0S Phoenix, and YF-29 Durandal valkyries. Again, let me emphasize that this is my own personal preference.

Congratulations to you and your son on finding this hobby!

Oh crap.

My attempts to quote and respond were horrible.

Lemme try this again.

Cause priorities. We (at least I) don't have infinite funds or a steady income (college student). So I just get what I want and love. Indeed every single one of them is cool and you'll want all of them.

Not sure if there're dubbed versions of 7, Frontier and Zero. But there is a dubbed version of Plus.

Link to the MW thread here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=37865

No smartassiness here. Everyone here is friendly and would help you with things if you need help with them. It's a friendly community. :)

As to the coolest/neatest figures. That's up to personal preference really. For example, some like the designs of Frontier but some don't. Hard to say. Individual tastes.

I apologize if I implied anything about funds. As my wife and I are both physicians, we probably don't have enough consideration for cost, which is ridiculous to even talk about. I appreciate what you're saying.

Appreciate the link.

Edited by NOD

Yeah, the only official Macross that's dubbed is Plus. No other Macross show is dubbed. Robotech doesn't count cause it's not part of the same story (I grew up on Robotech but vastly prefer Macross now).

Hello NOD! Welcome to the madness of valk collecting! :-)

AFAIK, there is no dubbed versions of Mac 7, Frontier and Zero, as these weren't released in the US (long story, and one you can learn by browsing the forums here). As for Macross Plus, there is a Blu-ray/DVD release with english dub out now. You can find out the details on that release here : http://www.macrossworld.com/5078/macross-plus-arrives-on-blu-ray/

As for the "coolest" valks, well now, I think you should seriously consider what you're asking for here at MW. MW members are quite passionate about their choices. :-)

As for myself, I've always been a fan of the VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, and consider this a mandatory purchase if you're a Macross Fan. On equal footing with the VF-1 is the VF-25S Armored Messiah, Super VF-0S Phoenix, and YF-29 Durandal valkyries. Again, let me emphasize that this is my own personal preference.

Congratulations to you and your son on finding this hobby!

Thx for the welcome!

Yeah, I read some about the ridiculousness, but it's amazing that no resolution has been reached.

Thx for sticking your neck out and expressing your preferences. I'm sure there's some disagreement on that kind of thing hereabouts...

OK, here's hoping I post this w/o random quotes invading my post...

Edited by NOD

Oh, and you'll probably find these two links most helpful as well:

Macross Mecha Manual : http://macross2.net/m3/m3-index.htm

Saburo's flickr photo feed. He's one of the best (if not the best) valk photographers here in MW. : https://www.flickr.com/photos/projektzerothree/

I must warn you though, that you'll probably end up buying more valks after seeing Saburo's photos. :D

Oh crap.

My attempts to quote and respond were horrible.

Lemme try this again.

I apologize if I implied anything about funds. As my wife and I are both physicians, we probably don't have enough consideration for cost, which is ridiculous to even talk about. I appreciate what you're saying.

Appreciate the link.

Haha. No apology needed. I wasn't offended in any way. All's good. :)

So as not to derail this thread further, feel free to pm any questions you have. I'll help however I can.

Haha. No apology needed. I wasn't offended in any way. All's good. :)

So as not to derail this thread further, feel free to pm any questions you have. I'll help however I can.

Thanks.

Sometimes it's best that those of us on the remedial track get some extra help on the side. :lol:

Seriously, though -- you guys have already saved me all kinds of money and headaches. To get even more help feels downright greedy.

If you guys wanna know how to treat a heart attack sometime, pm me! :p

Edited by NOD

Yeah, the only official Macross that's dubbed is Plus. No other Macross show is dubbed. Robotech doesn't count cause it's not part of the same story (I grew up on Robotech but vastly prefer Macross now).

Not true. The original series and Macross II have been dubbed as well (MacII is no longer canon, but still official). DYRL? has also received a few dubs, but all official ones are by most considered horrible. The fandub is quite good though.

I remember seeing something about Macross Frontier receiving a fandub, but I don't know what happened with that.

SDF Macross did get a non-robotech dub, with Iijima reprising her role in english. Macross II also got a dub around the same time as Plus. There's also that ancient dub of Do you Remember Love, but I don't think anybody can recommend that. But yeah, those are the only ones that ever got officially released english dubs. There might be unofficial fandubs out there, but I don't think that counts.

ETA: Haha, Lorindor beat me to the punch by five minutes!

Edited by aceoftherebellion

Yeah, memory hazy on Macross II. I don't think I ever heard the Macross dub though (did they include that on that Animeigo DVD collection years back?). For DYRL are you talking about Clash of the Bionoids (does that count)?

I do have all the Japanese blurays though...and only Plus has the dub on those.

Edit: Hmmm...Google tells me ADV version has the dub...I did not know this. :mellow:

My Animeigo box collection is packed away so I can't check.

Edited by xrentonx

Oh, and you'll probably find these two links most helpful as well:

Macross Mecha Manual : http://macross2.net/m3/m3-index.htm

Saburo's flickr photo feed. He's one of the best (if not the best) valk photographers here in MW. : https://www.flickr.com/photos/projektzerothree/

I must warn you though, that you'll probably end up buying more valks after seeing Saburo's photos. :D

Haha! Thanks brouken! I launched a FB page too, it has toys other than Macross on there I also want to add Jenius' pages, to this. There is detailed information/reviews on all of the Macross toys.

Scorched Earth Toys

Scorched Earth Toys Youtube Channel

Thanks.

Sometimes it's best that those of us on the remedial track get some extra help on the side. :lol:

Seriously, though -- you guys have already saved me all kinds of money and headaches. To get even more help feels downright greedy.

If you guys wanna know how to treat a heart attack sometime, pm me! :p

Glad to have been of help. :D Welcome to the Madness! We are here to help...

Edited by Saburo

I placed an order earlier today. My last order was on August 1, and Mandarake requested payment on August 2. You may want to follow up with them since more than three days have passed without a response.

Yeah I sent an email to Umeda and the international email.

Emailed them again today and nothing.

Tried to call too but I forgot it's midnight over there.

I've ordered from pretty much every Mandarake branch and the Umeda & Fukuoka stores are always the slowest. Sometimes a week would pass before I received an invoice. Every now and then one of the other stores might take a few days to actually send an invoice.

I've been to the Nakano and Akihabara stores... they're huge. Especially the Nakano store; it takes up several floors at the shopping center where it's located. Wouldn't surprise me if they occasionally had a hard time finding something on the shelves.

Thanks lolicon for the insight.

I've had some orders take 3 days, but the main branch usually contacts me to put a hustle on them.

It was something they'd just listed a few days earlier and a high priced item, so I hope they would be able to find it.

Edited by Gakken85

After 2 weeks vacation on Manhattan, I came back to Chile and I found this:

August arrivals.

P.S: I got a VF-1A DYRL max and Hikaru in New York from betatoy store who was selling all his extras copies in this forum. And I give away the Hikaru to one of my friend who lives in New York.

post-21006-0-88583300-1409419912_thumb.jpg

I know it's not my macross stuff, but mark 42 1/6 from hot toys is beautiful!

Hot Toys are so awesome, I am always amazed at how realistic the faces are and how much detail they have. I dare not start collecting them, and also the realistic faces kinda creep me out. :lol:

After 2 weeks vacation on Manhattan, I came back to Chile and I found this:

August arrivals.

P.S: I got a VF-1A DYRL max and Hikaru in New York from betatoy store who was selling all his extras copies in this forum. And I give away the Hikaru to one of my friend who lives in New York.

Now that is a nice home coming. :)

And no -- I'm not planning on spending 1/3000 SDF-1 money for any individual item. :D

Hey welcome to the forums! Also: your kid is awesome! If he's able to take such care of his figures, he will be a very happy kid when the stuff he keeps from childhood is worth it's weight in gold. I'm sure most of us wish we hadn't broken/lost/worn/given away out childhood collections.