Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Seriously Plastik, I think your display is one of my favorites that I've seen on this forum. I love how it's not cluttered and you can get a good view of each piece, and the figures are (mostly) thematically arranged.

:) thank you SuperSenpai!!!

Can you please show how you adjust your detolf shelf? Looks like some sort of adjustable screw but if you can let me know what it is exactly it'd be great. Thanks!

JLYC, I use four x 3/16" wire rope clips

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=348302-258-7532&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3462166&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

2014-03-07180833.jpg

Edited by plastik

@ plastik: That's probably one of the most well-organized, "high-end" looking displays I've seen.

I wonder if I could find some of those rope clip things locally; they'll certainly come in handy when I display the Fullmetal Ghost.

They used to under declare but now they put the actual price on the box.

Nope HLJ is a law-abiding company and will declare the proper value on every package they send away. They are a company too huge for such shenanigans.

@Sycla: I think it is fair to say that if HLJ used to under declare in the past and they dont now then that means that they have chosen to become law-abiding when it suited them. I suppose it happens to most companies that when they are small they will try shenanigans to gain customers but once they become huge they dont care if they gain customers or not. :)

They always declared the proper value as long as I'm ordering from them.

I think the problem is if you are a larger company it is more likely that such things get caught...

... of course this comes full circle when your company is too big to fail. Then you can do what ever you like without any backlash. :)

Edited by Scyla

I picked up a few new-to-me Yamato Valkyries during my own panic buy at the end of February:

1 x 30th Anniversary VF-1D

1 x 30th Anniversary VE-1 Elintseeker

1 x VF-1S Low Visibility

Although used, each toy was mint. I think that was a decent toast to Yamato.

I picked up a few new-to-me Yamato Valkyries during my own panic buy at the end of February:

1 x 30th Anniversary VF-1D

1 x 30th Anniversary VE-1 Elintseeker

1 x VF-1S Low Visibility

Although used, each toy was mint. I think that was a decent toast to Yamato.

Those are some nice pickups!

Yeah! The 1/60 Low Vis is a sight to see in person. I really like the contrast when comparing it to the standard VF-1S.

The VF-1D is my first 1/60 Macross TV Valkyrie.

And the VE-1 is a great addition to the two Arcadia 1/60 DYRL Valkyries that I own. For me, there is something about a unique Valkyrie that is hard to resist; add a set of fastpacks, and I'm all in.

Edited by technoblue

Guest davidwhangchoi

finally got my 3rd new and sealed 25F in the mail today. i never opened a 25 yet and have yet to transform a bandai valk.

photo1_zpsf913079c.jpg

now i got to dig out my 25g buried in a box somewhere when the tornadoes come out:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

finally got my 3rd new and sealed 25F in the mail today. i never opened a 25 yet and have yet to transform a bandai valk.

photo1_zpsf913079c.jpg

now i got to dig out my 25g buried in a box somewhere when the tornadoes come out:

You have a serious addiction to multiples and not playing with at least one of them! :p

Guest davidwhangchoi

definitely going to open and transform one. all this bandai inflation of the 25F and reading about the nose paint scratches from transformation makes me hesitate and put these on the back burner sitting on my table. (the 25g is somewhere still with the brown shipper box still sealed and found my alto 29 also in a brown box)

the farthest i got in handling a bandai was with the cf 171 (before i sold it.) and luca's 25 (i forgot that i opened his box a while back for 5 mins so incorrectly stated i never opened a 25 box :ph34r: )... i cut the tape open on the styrofoam lid, picked up the 171 flipped it over to the back and that's it. luca i lifted it out of the tray halfway and just put it back in the box. lol

i'm waiting for the yf 19s to show up. definitely going to swoosh the 19 around and keep it in gerwalk by my lamppost.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

^Too funny. I find that I do the same thing, buy multiples of things and then just leave them in their boxes, forgotten about.

Heck the only reason I even opened (1 of each) my Arcadia Roy and Hikaru VF-1S's was to take a look at that them during the whole "what color, what hue" are they discussion a little while back and right back into the tray they went.

For me the "extra" MIB/MISB copies are my security blanket in case I ever need to sell or trade, or to replace something that gets broken.

-b.

Just curious. I can see why buying three of them [ridiculous as that is, but still] be ok if you want to display them in their different modes...but buying 3 and never opening them?

-EXTREMELY- busy job aside, why man, why? Is there a flap on the VF25 boxes? If not, even more the reason, why man, why?

:)

Guest davidwhangchoi

See above:) (sorry for forgot to add a smily. was driving and posted this at a red light break. lol)

yeah, i was going to buy just one of each bandai to collect it but when the prices went insane i brought a few 25f's just in case i scratch it or if need to sell/trade. i think i like to play with stuff but when stuff get inflated i like to lean towards my collecting side. it's better than having a hobby of collecting 5k+ vintage guitars. (i still have 15-20k worth of guitars/drums) macross is a bit cheaper hobby.

^Too funny. I find that I do the same thing, buy multiples of things and then just leave them in their boxes, forgotten about. Heck the only reason I even opened (1 of each) my Arcadia Roy and Hikaru VF-1S's was to take a look at that them during the whole "what color, what hue" are they discussion a little while back and right back into the tray they went. For me the "extra" MIB/MISB copies are my security blanket in case I ever need to sell or trade, or to replace something that gets broken. -b.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I have 2 VF-25F's opened and displayed and I am thinking of getting a 3rd as well to display. One in the super pack, then in the tornado armor and then the naked Alto. But new planes are coming out each month which prevent me from getting a 3rd.

See above:) (sorry for forgot to add a smily. was driving and posted this at a red light break. lol)

yeah, i was going to buy just one of each bandai to collect it but when the prices went insane i brought a few 25f's just in case i scratch it or if need to sell/trade. i think i like to play with stuff but when stuff get inflated i like to lean towards my collecting side. it's better than having a hobby of collecting 5k+ vintage guitars. (i still have 15-20k worth of guitars/drums) macross is a bit cheaper hobby.

Sounds like you are infected by the hoarding virus. I know the symptoms because I have the same illness myself :D However I could never buy something that I like and not display it.

I have wanted a 25 Renewal Alto and Luca for so long buy never had the chance to get one. If you are scared to open the boxes, can I buy one from you and I will transform it and display it and I'll send you regular pictures every week. Or I can even put a live feed to it :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

I have wanted a 25 Renewal Alto and Luca for so long buy never had the chance to get one. If you are scared to open the boxes, can I buy one from you and I will transform it and display it and I'll send you regular pictures every week. Or I can even put a live feed to it :D

hahahaha yeah maybe i brought too many unused.

Edited by davidwhangchoi