Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Latest arrival, manage to get me that Virgin MIB for 19,800 Yen and the VF-1J with no cracked shoulder for 9,750 Yen :p

20140226_211301_zps12e5477d.jpg

There should also be in there a v2 1/60 VF-1J Millia that I got for a good price too, but USPS decided that I was not worthy and lost it. :angry:<_<

Where you got all these from?

Yahoo auction Japan.

I use fromjapan.com as a proxy service.

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g129859484

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n132500012

After fees and combined shipping I payed total 39,851. Don't know about you but I feel it was a fair price since the VF-1D Virgin Road usually goes for 300 before shipping, doing my best to keep my rule of no VF-1 should be more than 200 bucks.

what keywords are you using for searching in buyee?

try to use different combinations of the below + your desired scale (1/60 1/55 1/48 etc):

やまと - Yamato

マクロス - Macross

超合金 - chogokin (superalloy)

完全変形 - kanzen henkei (perfect transformation)

ケーニッヒモンスター - koenig monster

アーマードパーツ - armored parts

アーマーパーツ - armor parts

スーパーパーツ - super parts

スーパーストライクパック - super strike pack

バルキリー - valkyrie

デストロイド - destroid

It seems I never can find anything with buyee.jp

What baru said. What are you keying in the searchbox?

I usually just go with the valk model + scale i.e vf-1 1/60. Usually gives me all of yamato/arcadia's. As for bandai's, vf-25 dx etc. Bandai's listings don't come up if I put in 1/60. Maybe cause the scale isn't defined.

This works for me most of the time.

My most recent arrival is a Hikaru VF-1J Hi Metal, the last in my collection of the line since I have less than no interest in a fire valk. I did order a CF VF-171 DX recently though. It's mint in box, and I don't plan on taking it out of fighter mode once I get it. With that in mind, is there anything I need to be careful of, re: the infamous triangles or otherwise? Was also kinda wondering if there was a suggested stand for it since the one it comes with is huge, bulky, and black. ...kind of the exact opposite of the clear tamashii stage my 1J is on. Ideally I'd like something in that vein for any Macross merch I get.

Sure buddy, here you go.

Never noticed it before, the 1D is taller than the regular VF-1's.

Thanks bro. Delicious vicariousness! By "taller" do you mean that the cockpit area is wider from bottom to top? That's one of the things I like about the two seater valks. It kind of reminds me of how the F4 looks.

In hindsight I wish I had taken the plunge on one of these. I convinced myself I was getting Max's 1J so that was enough Blue Valks but the two seater design makes a bit of a difference.

I'd call for more pics but you've already done me more than one favor with your wicked custom Armor in the other thread. I owe you a few now.

^_^ ^_^ ^_^ Another series is complete. Yes i know that it's Toynami's MPC and it has the Robotech name attached to it, but these things are cool as hell... Well, i present to you Max and Miryia/Milia

They are cool as hell. I remember the MP series and I wasn't at a spot in my life to spend that kind of cash when I saw them in the toy fair magazine. Just because modern expressions have exceeded them doesn't mean they are not still what they are. I'd love to have all of them displayed in their book boxes on a shelf.

My most recent arrival is a Hikaru VF-1J Hi Metal, the last in my collection of the line since I have less than no interest in a fire valk. I did order a CF VF-171 DX recently though. It's mint in box, and I don't plan on taking it out of fighter mode once I get it. With that in mind, is there anything I need to be careful of, re: the infamous triangles or otherwise? Was also kinda wondering if there was a suggested stand for it since the one it comes with is huge, bulky, and black. ...kind of the exact opposite of the clear tamashii stage my 1J is on. Ideally I'd like something in that vein for any Macross merch I get.

I'll shoot straight on the CF 171. I have bought 3 of them and had no issue at all. That being said, members on here have had terrible experiences with some, I think there was a qty of the run that perhaps was produced with tolerances off or something because there is a batch that are bad but you won't know till you open it.

This month Haul part Duix. Still unpacking digi camera and setting up new USB Drive.

post-28656-0-74144700-1393722685_thumb.jpg

EVA-01 comes with Frame(Stand) and extra Weapons, extra head and stands 25cm tall.

EVA-05 is same size with a wingspan of 50cm, 2 heads.

Will be started soon.

There are 2 kits released for the EVA-01, mine is the rarer one. Also ordered the extra decal set.

Edited by CrazyDude

Just picked up a DYRL CF from a seller on AMAZON.com. Just waiting for the stand alone DYRL Fastpacks now. Here's hoping Arcadia's planning on releasing those in the near future.

Thanks bro. Delicious vicariousness! By "taller" do you mean that the cockpit area is wider from bottom to top? That's one of the things I like about the two seater valks. It kind of reminds me of how the F4 looks.

Haven't really measured nut the cockpit seems slightly longer, hence the chest piece would be slightly longer to match, should really check with a ruler and confirm.

my recent purchases :p I kept them away from me for a year, now I'm finally at my house, so for me, it is as if I had them done :p:p:p

Wow! that's some serious Macross hoarding for a year!

Hooray, my VF-171 came in!

171_and_others.jpg

And luckily, no issues with either the NUNS lettering or the triangles. And since I'm keeping this bad boy in fighter mode forever, I think I'm set. Now the question is whether to get a VF-17 to trace the legacy backwards or to get a 25A for more Frontier CF. I used to be so content with only my handful of Hi-Metals, MW. Now the bug has bitten me and I'm on to DX's and Yamatos. I blame you for this, Macross World. :p

Ironman looks mad after loosing an arm lol!

Seriously right? How hard would it have been for Sideshow to give him at least a bicep for that side.

Nice. Looks big haha

Yea he weighs 12lbs and I had to lower a shelf 3 more inches just to fit him.

956bcb7c-4f4b-446a-9bef-32bef89df02b.jpg

I just managed to preorder a dx chogokin yf29 Ozma version from NY. Very happy since I really wanted an Ozma version.

@plastic: That IronMan bust looks really mint. May I ask who manufactures it? And by the way your display is one of the best and least cluttered ive seen. Love it.

Edit: ooops, after reading your last post more carefully I can see that the maker is Sideshow.

Edited by megaprime

@plastic: That IronMan bust looks really mint. May I ask who manufactures it? And by the way your display is one of the best and least cluttered ive seen. Love it.

Edit: ooops, after reading your last post more carefully I can see that the maker is Sideshow.

Thank you for the compliment megaprime! I'm a bit OCD when it comes to organization. I probably rearrange my shelves at least two to three times a month, constantly moving and re-posing everything trying to find the best look. and yes you are correct, Sideshow makes the Iron Man bust

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-vi-sideshow-collectibles-200150/

Edited by plastik

Seriously right? How hard would it have been for Sideshow to give him at least a bicep for that side.

Yea he weighs 12lbs and I had to lower a shelf 3 more inches just to fit him.

956bcb7c-4f4b-446a-9bef-32bef89df02b.jpg

Can you please show how you adjust your detolf shelf? Looks like some sort of adjustable screw but if you can let me know what it is exactly it'd be great. Thanks!