Meet up in Los Angeles or San Diego

Hey all,

Yes I missed the MW Con and have yet to go. However, I was waiting for my company to decide when to fly me out to San Diego to the Solana Beach office to coincide the MW con 2013. Then it was decided I need to be in Solana Beach for 2 weeks straight from October 15 to the 31st. With that, Mrs. Godzilla and Baby Godzilla wanted to go as she never been to SD and LA as well as I have never been to LA outside of the LAX. One of those weekends, I want to drive up from Solana beach to LA and do some sight seeing and visit some of fellow MWers. I was thinking the meetup at Franklin and Sons as it is place where most of ya meet.

Any suggestions to visit while I am up there would be appreciated. Thanks.

Im in san diego. Sadly, there arent many places here that I know of that carry any good merchandise. Even our last bastion of anime goodness (rsc-online.com) is starting to dwindle a bit. Its fine here if you want to play tourist though.

You're better off making the drive to inland empire and going to frank and sons that weekend.

Hey Godzilla! I think your family will be better off playing tourist north of San Diego. San Diego is great for zoo and seaworld, there is also the USS Midway which is an amazing museum and very fun/informative especially if you do love aircraft and hanging out in them (they also have a very relaxed policy regarding costumes and photos and such) but if you'd like to get your otaku on, you should go to Little Tokyo area or all the way out to Frank and Sons.

If you're really into seeing and overall otaku event (not just Macross, but Risa, the organizer, and others from Anime Jungle were definitely at MWC) there is a halloween event at Anime Jungle in Little Tokyo on Oct. 19, the event page is here http://www.animejungle.net/20131019.html

I'd go myself but I'll be at a birthday thing instead ^^;

Whatever you decide, I hope you and your family have fun!

Edited by Jetspectacular

Last time I was at Legoland, which was like a long long time ago... I stumbled onto a huge field of flowers that seemed to go for miles. And they were separated by color so it was like stripes on the landscape. Or I was tripping hard.

Hey G... lemme know if you're ever in the Cerritos area.

Last time I was at Legoland, which was like a long long time ago... I stumbled onto a huge field of flowers that seemed to go for miles. And they were separated by color so it was like stripes on the landscape. Or I was tripping hard.

Hey G... lemme know if you're ever in the Cerritos area.

Sounds like the Carlsbad Flower Fields !

Well looks like I will be heading to LA this Sat or Sun. Depends on the wife. I already went to the USS Midway, Coronado Beach, and San Diego Zoo. Taking off work tomorrow to go to Sea World. I intend to goto Frank and sons unless you guys say it isnt worth going. As I said I am here till Halloween before I fly back to Atlanta.

yeah I was up there on Saturday and visited Frank and Sons. Wife wanted to go to the Dim Sum place near there where the Ranch 99 Supermarket (Happy Harbor was the restaurant). Wife decided to go to LA on Saturday when we got back to the hotel that Friday evening after going to Sea World. Though I was shock to see Frank and Sons, I wasnt exactly impressed nor disappointed. Before I get flamed, let me explain: I see this kind of thing in Shanghai at the Yuyuan Market. One of the MWers use to live in Shanghai and when I was there for work, I met up with him to visit some of the shops that had anime stuff. Granted I got a good deal for some MU figures, some of the anime toy prices were a premium there. I am sure I could make some deals but I am limited on the space I can carry back on the airplane when I fly back home.

Yeah, Franks isn't what it used to be. It's now over crowded and the sellers are pretty much toy store trolls and set their price by eBay standards. It's been a while since we're done big meets there. Once and a while one or two of us will go but before we had to put together three or four tables as Carl's Jr. or take up a huge table in a restaurant after a whole day at Franks.