Very sad news. My library has a shelf dedicated to his work. All the books that I read were engrossing, but I've been into other genres in recent years. Off the top of my head, I can remember these:

Red Storm Rising

The Hunt for Red October

Without Remorse

Clear and Present Danger

The Sum of All Fears

Debt of Honor

Rainbow Six

The Bear and the Dragon

Never liked his books too much, always felt that there was a tint of prejudice against Asians.I do admit that I did read them while I was young, but I doubt my opinion has changed. In fairness, that is the case rather than the exception for military themed literature.

His name is helping ubisoft sell a lot of games though...

RIP.

Sucks!

Here the ones I read...

Cardinal Of the Kremlin

Hunt For Red October

Patriot Games

Clear and Present Danger

Without Remorse

Sum Of All Fears

Rainbow Six

Red Storm Rising

Man I'd get those books just based on those titles alone... He's always had the best titles. Shame the next movie is just called "Jack Ryan"...

RIP Tommy

Very sad news. My library has a shelf dedicated to his work. All the books that I read were engrossing, but I've been into other genres in recent years. Off the top of my head, I can remember these:

Red Storm Rising

The Hunt for Red October

Without Remorse

Clear and Present Danger

The Sum of All Fears

Debt of Honor

Rainbow Six

The Bear and the Dragon

I think I read all these. I think he wrote too much, to be honest. A few of these were awesome, but many were repetitious and clunky. Still, he was a true giant in the field, and leaves a great legacy.

I think I read all these. I think he wrote too much, to be honest. A few of these were awesome, but many were repetitious and clunky. Still, he was a true giant in the field, and leaves a great legacy.

For sure. I agree with Ghost Train too that some of his characters were so stereotypical to seem prejudicial. I remember thinking that Debt of Honor was cringeworthy when I read it. Of course, in interviews that I read Clancy was not apologetic--an author of a different era.

Never liked his books too much, always felt that there was a tint of prejudice against Asians.

And technoblue.

Well, when I read his book, I felt we were disliked... But not only him, Michael Crichton also wrote "Rising Sun" in the early 90s, so it was such an era...

Just a coincidence but both of them passed away at the age of 66.

Edited by antibiotictab