EXO

Well I actually find it more interesting with the added layer of political intrigue. There are consequences to the survey corps doing what they think is right. The world of Attack on Titan was shaped like it is for a reason, technology is at a stand still and there are no flying machines out there that would be a lot better than what they currently have. Further going into why the status quo is what it is will only make the world richer. As ugly as it is their little human kingdom is in peace and united. They survey corps are the ones tearing that down with their good intentions.

And since all that behind the scenes movement ties to the titans in some way they in turn are more than just evil alien invaders. Looks like there are more factions than just evil government and good guy corps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

that thing is awesome but gonna be pricey...relaly price i think. imean its a polystone statue that is like 18 or so inches tall i think? an dfrom max factory.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You know, there's a point where an anime looks cool and thrilling and you wanna watch it and then there's the live action adaption of that same thing trying to do it all over and it looks like C R A P
This is that movie.

• 1 month later...

I just found this thread, which is disappointing since I should have found it sooner. I love Attack on Titan, it's doing a lot of fresh new things, as well as doing some old things. I've only ever seen the Anime, both the Subbed and Dubbed versions, and I actually really like them both (I prefer Dubs when I can get them so I don't lose anything if I blink).

The live action movie looks ok, but I doubt I'll see it, as it does look a bit hokey. Japanese films, with a few exceptions just don't feel as good as their western counterparts (probably due to the prevalence of animation in Japan over live action, being the reverse of the western world).

I eagerly await season 2, and will be watching it subbed when I get the chance. I have been holding off on reading the Manga because I have a mountain of books that need reading.

The movie was a steaming POS,

I can't believe they managed to do something this bad when all they had to do is write a decent screenplay to adapt the manga.

Instead they just rewrote everything and failed with every single scene. It's not even that the actors/idols couldn't play, or that the FX were poorly done, I didn't really mind, I mean those weren't great but they were good enough to pull it off. It's mostly the poor writing and character development nonsense that made the Titan fan in me so angry at this garbage

The only good actor in the live action film was Hans IMHO. Exaggerated yes. But Hans has always been a comical character. They changed the world from feudal medieval to gritty steam-punkish. This was evident with the lack of horses in the film which were replaced by steam-powered APCs to carry the Survey Corp. There was a mysterious dude i robe introduced in the film but never revealed who he was and what he was doing there.

Shikishima is an a-hole. Not sure why they replaced him with Levi....possibly because they made him

Mikasa's supposed love interest in the movie.

I don't mind that it doesn't follow the source material closely. But like most live action adaptations of anime and manga, this movie had pacing issues and I felt really bored during most of the movie.

Edited by wolfx

• 4 weeks later...