Phantasm

Valkyrie addict

It appears that after handling this for too long...

LSD_zps4c7ebbf3.jpg

I've fallen into an induced LSD state similar to Hikaru's psychedelic dream and found myself with this:

vlcsnap-2013-09-13-02h30m33s93_zpsf1d37f

Phantasm11_zps8abd23e1.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-06-19-20h34m45s78_zpsf46a7d

Phantasm09_zps3bc2e6a7.jpg

In case you're wondering, episode 17 at min 7.

EDIT: LINK TO REST OF THE PICTURES HERE: (try not to look too hard at the end)

http://s139.photobucket.com/user/cyclosporine/slideshow/Macross/Yamato/VF-1J%20Phantasm

I shall call it... VF-1J Phantasm, from the episode and since it's sorta low viz :ph34r:

I had this custom planned for a long time but when I started doing it in an assembly kit I completely ruin the kit beyond repair, found a cheap VF-1J Hikaru and made this custom out of it. Transforming it will completely ruin the paint, so this stays in battroid, sorry, no fighter or gerwalk pics.

Hope you guys like it. The gray goes very well with this valkyrie. ^_^

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Guest davidwhangchoi

really good looking, i'm so envious of your skills. btw, i notice you like brown feet... i also saw that on your custom 4g long time ago.. you prefer brown shoes over black?

The paint splatters make it look like the Valkyrie is flying through a rain of confetti which is only appropriate for an anniversary edition. :)

LOL, you're right!! does looks like confetti!! That's my messy workbench, all those stripes are from gundam markers I always test before using.

really good looking, i'm so envious of your skills. btw, i notice you like brown feet... i also saw that on your custom 4g long time ago.. you prefer brown shoes over black?

I try to go as canon as possible, the VF-4G had brown thruster/feet on FB2012, so did it that way and liked the results, althought, I should revisit the VF-4G, never fixed an issue I had with the brown tone.

I pretty much based this off the Yamato VF-1J cannon fodder, it had brown thrusters/feet and intake covers, since the episode was recycled footage of that moment but the valk in gray I decided to keep the the feet brown.

Great custom, I like the subtle weathering.

Thank you, I still have a lot to improve upon, after I took the pics I noticed I missed a part in the backpack and I have to still weather the gunpod.

Now that IS nice.

What's your painting technique? Brush or spray? The end result looks very clean.

Spray paint... if I try paintbrushing you guys would think I have Parkinsons or something. :lol:

BTW, it's minute 7, not 17 from the episode.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed some minor things with the weathering that looked uneven and made the panel lines a bit darker. subtle changes, I don't think they're quite visible in the pictures, either way, I'm whoring pictures tonight. I added the link to the photobucket folder in the first post so you can see the first set of pictures, I recently rearrange the folders and the links broke, sorry about that.

VF-1JPHANTASM201_zps935d280d.jpg

VF-1JPHANTASM202_zpse1fc8ac0.jpg