While Stallone already did Rocky, there will be that comparison as he's playing another boxer here (both of them, but more people will remember Stallone), what's wrong with the rest of the movie/story/etc? Obviously it's geared in a different direction then Rocky was, plus there's a lot of talented actors, and there seems to be some genuine attempt at comedy. I could see someone old and beat up like my Dad really enjoying it, which I presume is why this whole movie is being made, for people his age. If anything the trailer is cut well.

Edited by Mommar

• 3 months later...

As predicted, the critics are not impressed. Not sure if this counts as a guilty pleasure film at all.

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 24%

Metacritic Score: 36 out of 100

"When Razor and the Kid are supposed to be publicly promoting their bout and instead devolve into bickering buffoonery, there's nothing but ill-timed punch lines where the chemistry between Stallone and De Niro should be." - Stephanie Merry, Washington Post

"Raging Bull it ain't -- it's not even Rocky IV." - John DeFore, The Hollywood Reporter

"Go watch Rocky and Raging Bull again. Because, as they say at closed-casket funerals, it's better to remember them as they were." - Alonso Duralde, The Wrap

"Grudge Match has wasted its two talented stars so badly that it almost counts as elder abuse." - Rafer Guzman, Newsday