Hasegawa 1/48 New kits... or kind of..

valkyriepm

Thanks guys I think I will go with tamiya USAF light grey not to white and barely grey.

As for the arm one of the members here is creating one I hope he will offer it to the members...

Check here

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40286#entry1095546

I'm waiting because if I can get one I can build my kit wheels up if not ill have to think of something creative.. or do wheels down and flaps extended maybe....

Delta227

Thanks again, Delta. Hope he's selling them soon.

That's cool. Can you make it as any version or just Roy's or Hikaru's?

It comes with decals for any of the Skull Squadron planes, Roy, Hikaru, Max, and Kakizaki. You can also build it as an A or an S.

Of course, you're really only limited to your imagination with what could be built.

Edited by Jefuemon

It comes with decals for any of the Skull Squadron planes, Roy, Hikaru, Max, and Kakizaki. You can also build it as an A or an S.

Of course, you're really only limited to your imagination with what could be built.

Thanks Jefuemon.

The model is quite easy to put together, pretty much like every other model kit out there.

Yes you need to paint some areas unless you want it completely quite in all aspect other than the strike parts.

As for paint I use My Hobby since it's the easiest to correspond with what they have written in the booklet.

The model is quite easy to put together, pretty much like every other model kit out there.

Yes you need to paint some areas unless you want it completely quite in all aspect other than the strike parts.

As for paint I use My Hobby since it's the easiest to correspond with what they have written in the booklet.

Thanks MinoRem. What's the best thing to do. Paint the parts before assembly or once the piece is together?

Thanks MinoRem. What's the best thing to do. Paint the parts before assembly or once the piece is together?

Depending on the part. I would build sub-assemblies first, like fast packs, armor, fuselage, etc. then paint, then assemble those separate parts to make the whole strike fighter... Best rule, just take your time.

imo, the best thing to do is still plan ahead. wm cheng got some pinned thread about his step by step on his previous, while it may be for a different model, it really helps understand the way similar model is build and painted.

as suggested by vincemoto, it is usually recommended to build them per sub-assemblies then paint.

If I may make a suggestion... don't make the 1/48 VF-1 your first model. If its anything like the 1/72 kit, it will be fairly advanced. I'd suggest one practice kit... maybe a gundam, the 1/72 valkryie, or a regular 1/48 jet. That would be a good start, and help you build the skills to tackle the VF-1.

Some progress made so far, Had to wait for paint to come in then I ran out of thinner but as you can see I'm quite terrible with painting but I kinda enjoyed painting the little dude, might of been better if I had a thinner brush. The wings are different color also, the brush had some black residue which for some reason stayed while painting. I think overall everything can be improved but its quite a fun model to make, spending lots of time removing the seamline though...

post-22092-0-51314000-1391090632_thumb.jpg

post-22092-0-70232300-1391090690_thumb.jpg

post-22092-0-66180600-1391090762_thumb.jpg

post-22092-0-75241700-1391090851_thumb.jpg

post-22092-0-51031500-1391090921_thumb.jpg

Some progress made so far, Had to wait for paint to come in then I ran out of thinner but as you can see I'm quite terrible with painting but I kinda enjoyed painting the little dude, might of been better if I had a thinner brush. The wings are different color also, the brush had some black residue which for some reason stayed while painting. I think overall everything can be improved but its quite a fun model to make, spending lots of time removing the seamline though...

I wish I had time to start mine :( Good to hear that your enjoying this build. I've built a few of the 1:72 scale Valkyrie's and there were some tiny a$$ pieces that didn't make building those very fun.

Quick picture of the finished product. It was fun to put together, the decal was annoying to put together (why do they do they have decals that says "Do not paint"). One of my cannon is a bit loose and so is the blaster at the back but it should be easily fixed. Now onto the 1/72 Messiah I have waiting!

post-22092-0-38117600-1391264228_thumb.jpg

post-22092-0-39791700-1391264250_thumb.jpg

I took them pics once I finished with the decal which was around 1.30am. Quick snap to show the finish product, when I'm free I'll give it a better background rather than my desk. it's a nice big piece of work. I enjoy the size of it too, but I may just keep with the 1/72

• 2 weeks later...

To anyone who's started this kit, I'm confused with step 4 on the assembly guide, what is saying to do/ cut? Is this a step for the PE parts?

What they're warning you about is that for this particular part, you've got to remove the excess plastic that's under the part. It needs to sit flat, so just sand or cut away the little excess that's there.

L1 has a little stick that goes in the hole and there's a tiny tiny tiny nub for you to cut off. If that little stick is rounded you know you've done it right.

What they're warning you about is that for this particular part, you've got to remove the excess plastic that's under the part. It needs to sit flat, so just sand or cut away the little excess that's there.

Thanks for the clarification. I saw it from a different perpective, looking at the picture, I thought they were saying something had to be cut from the top of the part... I really need to learn japanese.