Hasegawa 1/48 New kits... or kind of..

valkyriepm

• 4 weeks later...

Where can you order just the decals?

You need the coupon off of the original instruction sheet, and someone who lives in Japan who's willing to order them for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized something looking at the facebook post of the tree breakdown, is this for the fastpacks only? Meaning you need the separate VF-1 kit in addition to these? The reason i ask is that the breakdown of the sprue trees shows the fastpacks and the leg parts you would need to "mod" a standard kit.

I know it may just be that they are showing just the new stuff, but also thinking that would a full super/strike kit be only $12-$15 more than than a full standard kit? Meaning full Vf-1 kit is about $32 full with fastpacks about $45?

I know may just be having a moment of panic but thought someone who has translated the text may know for sure.

thanks

mike

I was kind of wondering this too, TBH. However, I don't think they released an S kit yet to use the strike packs with.....unless the just include the S head with the packs.....if it is a packs only kit.

Chris

That's a good point, well made. But 45 quid for just the FAST packs? That is pretty steep. Plus I have not seen it advertised any where that the base kit is needed.

I guess we will have to wait for the box art etc to tell for sure. That's right Hasegawa, Im looking at you.

Berttt

Hasegawa does not want to change the runners of their existing 1:48 Valkyrie and so they include the different leg parts in the runners for the FAST packs. They do that in other aircraft kits all the time.

Exactly, they aren't going to make new metal molds for the Vf-1S. Just new mold for the Fastpacks. Plus 6 months from now they can sell the fastbacks separately.

I read in a translated article that the fastback armor for the 1/48 is the 1/72 armor rescaled so not much work had to be done making the armor for the 1/48. Anyone else read this (forgot where I read it)?

10242344b8.jpg

Edited by melanarus76

• 3 weeks later...

Someone needs to tell Hasegawa they need to make a VF-11 Battroid in 1/72 - and then an Armored version. :)

Amen. The '48 looks great but unfortunately I've more than committed myself to '72nd. I'm really happy though, for all you guys getting so excited about this release. It does look a lot nicer in the larger scale.