Future DX Bandai VF-1 speculation

skullmilitia

I'm sorry that you feel this way about my post.

Here's a fact : among the 20 VF-1 I own, 3 have had flaws : 3 cracked shoulders and my VF-1A also had the dreaded gold canopy flake. All 3 were from first release of DYRL? valks and known to be flawed. After that all the other VF-1 I bought had perfect QC so my personal experience with this toy is very good.

Odd, you were the one who pointed out that the last several years the QC has been good, which I agree with, as I have zero valks with shoulder problems (including my original release Hikaru 1A).

It was Black Valkyrie who was repeating inaccurate, dated information as if it were still fact.

Edited by Mommar

My bad, I thought we disagreed since you quoted my reply. And It made no sense at all since you also own a lot of them if I recall correctly! :)

About the hypothetical DX, I'd love to see Bandai's engineering of the leg delivery in a playable toy form. I'm sure they can make it work and add most of the other cool ideas they experimented on the 1/72 modelkit (hip/torso joint, ankle panel, retracting wings).

I would love to see some of designs of the 1/72 Bandai kit in a 1/60 VF-1 toy. Such as the leg delivery system, the ball-joint in the hip and also the movable panels to allow for more foot movement.

I don't see the perfect transformation concept invalidated when you have the legs attached at all times to the main fuselage of the plane.

But Bandai should not be the company that makes this toy.

Part of me says they should do it, but another part of me tells me they shouldn't. I know Bandai can do amazing things sometimes, but when they fail it's pretty bad. If they did do it, I would hope it would be the best thing they could put out as far as VF-1's go so they could complete the line. I would hope they would be in a good scale too besides 1/60ish or 1/100. I feel like there is no point in entering in the 1/60ish ring as we already have ton's of good VF-1's in that scale. Would be awesome if they did something like this in a big scale like 1/48 and learned from all the limitations on the kit and hopefully get the proportions right. OMG could you imagine the size of a 1/32 scale valk lol.