Future DX Bandai VF-1 speculation

skullmilitia

Lets start a discussion on what to expect, as I'm betting

we are going to get one of these after the 1/72 Roy is released.

Frontier VF-25's are going to run thier course and Bandai is making

money off the franchise's.

It's obvious, and maybe connecting the dots that we will eventually

Get a DX VF-1S/A

So I'll start off, just like with the 25 renewals, they will use the 1/72 kits

To iron out the problems and release 1/60ish versions with die cast.

So what do you think? Love it? Hate it?

I'm open to the idea but I'm pretty sure Bandai won't be allowed by Big West to make a transformable 1/60 VF-1 because Arcadia has that license covered.

Hasegawa and Bandai share the same scale when it comes to the VF-1 kits (and the VF-25 in the near future), but one company makes transformable kits and the other static fighter/battroid kits.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

I've been all about the idea that Bandai SHOULD make a DX VF-1 but I don't see any reason to think it's going to happen. I would love for them to try it but with Arcadia firing up the factory I think it's not going to happen. If they do do it, then I hope we get the anime accurate transformation and some sort of gimmick that makes the feet poseable but NOT the hip and inner leg gimmicks from the model. I would also love to see someone make it so the shield is NOT connected to the chest or is hinged so we can get a mid back joint of some sort.

I think the 1/72 Kit's Batt mode is superior to the Yam/Arcadia one.

but still suffers from odd Ger and fighter mode. I'd almost say I wish

Arcadia would steal the more accurate transformation and slightly oversize the head

And shield to look more like the 1/72 kit.

At least with Arcadia we know the kinks are out of the production

And it's a solid mold. Bandai still randomly has problems (VF-171 cannonF)

That make me ponder diving into a new DX series.

The perfect transformation VF-1 toy has been done to death. If Bandai wants to do yet another VF-1, I believe they should do a non-transforming 1/72 scale fighter mode diecast model (with all of the markings tampo printed on). That's at least something different that hasn't been done before.

Edited by Vifam7

I would rather Bandai make a 1/60 DX YF-30 Chronos and YF-25 Prophecy (normal and Leon colours) than a 1/60 DX VF-1.

I'm perfectly happy with my 1/60 VF-1 Yammies and I'm sure I'll be just as happy with my 1/60 VF-1 Arcadias (given that they are the same thing).

Not saying I wouldn't buy 1 or 2 Bandai DX VF-1 if they made it and it had decent proportions (unlike Bandai's 1/72 kit). But a Bandai DX VF-1 is way, way, way down on my wish list of VF's I'd like to see made. As Vifam7 said, the perfect transformation VF-1 toy has been done to death.

Hey, here's a thought. Rather then Bandai tackling the VF-1, how about a Bandai 1/60 DX VF-2SS with removable SAP and a VF-2JA, especially as Arcadia are unlikely to touch Macross II.

Graham

Back and to the left.

Back and to the left...

Am I the only one that got that? LOL.

I like Graham's take on it though. Grab up the licenses that have been shunned and take advantage of the completionists.

I think the the VF-2SS has such an elegant battroid mode and it should be shared with the world.

Edited by Benson13

Did something just happen to indicate that Bandai might be doing this? Or is this all just speculation? And if so I doubt Bandai will bother with the original series given their factories can churn out cheap DBZ and One Piece figures at a fraction of the cost...

Just pure speculation.

I personally doubt it will happen. I don't think sales of the Bandai 1/55 VF-1 Origin of Valk toys and VF-1 Hi-Metal toys were that strong, likely leading to the premature cancellation of both lines.

Also, (and this is just speculation on my part), but with all the negative reviews the Bandai 1/72 VF-1 kit has been getting in it's home country, I doubt sales are that great, meaning Bandai may be even more reluctant to attempt a DX VF-1 toy.

And, as already mentioned, Arcadia seems to hold the 1/60 scale licence for VF-1 toys, so if Bandai were to make a VF-1 toy, it would have to be in a different scale.

What I would be more interested to see from Bandai is a larger scale, e.g. 1/48 ultra-detail DX VF-1.

Graham

No thanks. Unless they would up the stakes and make a deluxe v3 I would rather they not make one. And Bandai is all about playing it safe with very gradual changes. Id rather seem some SOC destroids, or some soul spec stuff.

The vf1 model kit looks terrible. Giant head, weird arms...its not easy for them to get it right haha.

Edited by Gakken85

I'm not sure that I really want a VF-1 1/60th scale from Bandai. As far as my understanding of Japanese toy licenses goes I think the only way for Bandai to make a VF-1 in roughly that scale (and the VF-25s are roughly 1/60 right?) would be to take away the license from Arcadia due to making Big West a better offering.

The VF-1s seem to be the cash-cow for Arcadia hence they are re-releasing them to acquire Money for further products. So if Arcadia loses the license I don't think they would stay in the Macross business any longer which would be terrible for us collectors. Bandai is such a huge company I don't think they care if they have one more toy line or not. For Arcaida (a rather small company) however the loss of the license could easily be crucial to their business.

So I have to agree with Graham here because I think the VF-1 is in good hands right now and Bandai should bring us the YF-30 Chronos. The YF-24 could be cool too but I'm not sure I need a another transformation scheme like this and on M3 there is no further line-art other then the Fighter-Mode so I'm not sure if I really like the rest of the plane. :D

If Bandai were to release a new VF-1 toy, I'd hope it would be a scaled-up 1/100 Hi-Metal based design, with some additional gimmicks and perfect transformation, and maybe a few design improvements to differentiate it from Yamato/Arcadia's offerings.

Barring that, I'd even be interested in seeing them modernize their 1/55 scale toy -- tweak the sculpt, add a knee twist and greater hip articulation, etc.

But please don't release anything based on the 1/72 model kit. That thing looks awful.

yeeesh... that's 1/72 Bandai is an absolute proportion mess with unnecessary features. The head is so big they had to cut off the chin. The one thing it has going for it is the accurate leg transformation but I'm not sure even a die cast feature on a DX toy can pulit off with much integrity. I think Yamato pulled off as close to a perfect toy representation of the VF-1 with the 1/60s and 1/48s. Maybe Bandai can do a 1/32 DX toy. lol.

Banda kit = hideous

I used to think that it would be cool for someone to make an anime-accurate VF-1 with respect to how the leg/hip assembly is supposed to transform, but after seeing the Bandai kit I have changed my mind. Yeah, there's a certain novelty in seeing them make it work in a toy/model form, but there's just too much going on there that looks like it could break or fail after repeated use.

I'm also of the opinion that having freely detachable parts that lack any fixed attachment point takes it out of the "perfect transformation" realm and into partsformer territory. If I have to choose, I'd pick perfect transformation over anime-accuracy in this case. While I want the toy to look and move like it does in the animation, when you're talking about a mechanical design that could never truly, feasibly exist in real life, anime accuracy is overrated.

If you want to talk anime accurate transformation, over in Mospeada-land the ride armor is technically supposed to transform between cycle and armor mode without the rider ever leaving the seat. That's not possible with any of the ride armor toys, perfect transformation or not, and I don't see anyone clamoring for this to be implemented.

I don't think people should get too hung up on the 1/72. The 1/100 Hi-Metal was awesome. If Bandai took the good things from that, made everything integral, and took some design innovation from the model (anime accurate transformation, additional articulation) it could make an amazing toy. If they did it in a larger scale they could do things like built in side covers (which I've always thought could be combined with the moving panels for perfect transformation). People can say "I'd rather they make toys no one would buy instead of another toy we'd all buy twice!" but I think most people realize toy companies don't work that way.

I dont think the 30 uses Animagic does it? Didnt SK design it to transform properly like all the Zero and beyond era Valks?

And yeah i dont need to get more VF-1's. There's no need.

Give us new stuff or at least make some other stuff easier to get.

YF-24 Evolution
VF-25 Prophecy

VF-27y

YF-30

YF-29 (The Black one from Mac30)

ok, and here is a weird one. The YF-29 30 serves as a Hikaru color, we have the Isamu coming, then there's the Alto... if they gave us a grey one with white for Shin and a Red one with yellow for Basara, we could have one for all the leads of each series.

Far from essential I know, but I'd dig em :)

I do get tired of people who still repeat that nonsense.

I'm sorry that you feel this way about my post.

Here's a fact : among the 20 VF-1 I own, 3 have had flaws : 3 cracked shoulders and my VF-1A also had the dreaded gold canopy flake. All 3 were from first release of DYRL? valks and known to be flawed. After that all the other VF-1 I bought had perfect QC so my personal experience with this toy is very good.