Everyone's favorite action film retirement home franchise is back. The Expendables 3 marks the return of the world-famous mercenary team:

• Sylvester Stallone as Barney Ross
  • Jason Statham as Lee Christmas
  • Jet Li as Yin Yang (who will now have more screen time than in the last film)
  • Dolph Lundgren as Gunner Jensen
  • Randy Couture as Toll Road
  • Terry Crews as Hale Caesar
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger as Trench Mauser

Joining the cast will be the following:

• Mel Gibson as Conrad Stonebanks (he's been on a roll with bad guy roles)
  • Wesley Snipes as Surgeon (first big work out of jail)
  • Antonio Banderas as Galgo
  • Harrison Ford as Max Drummer
  • Kellan Lutz (Hercules 3D, Emmett Cullen in The Twilight Saga) as Smilee
  • Ronda Rousey (female MMA fighter; also confirmed for Fast & Furious 7) as Luna
  • Victor Ortiz (former WBC Welterweight Champion) as Mars
  • Glen Powell (a stock manager in The Dark Knight Rises) as Thorn
  • Kelsey Grammer (Frasier, Hank McCoy/Beast in X-Men: The Last Stand) as Bonaparte
  • Robert Davi (Jake Fratelli in The Goonies, Sanchez in Licence to Kill) as Goran Vogner

Not returning for this stint:

• Mickey Rourke (Tool from the first film)
  • Bruce Willis (Church from the first two films)
  • Chuck Norris (Booker from the second film)

Rumored in the casting call:

• Jackie Chan
  • Nicolas Cage
  • Steven Seagal
  • Clint Eastwood
  • Jean-Claude Van Damme (as the twin brother of Jean Villain from the second film)
  • Milla Jovovich

The Expendables 3 is directed by Patrick Hughes. Filming has begun in Bulgaria, and it is set for a release date of August 15, 2014.

The Expendables 3 @ IMDb

Edited by areaseven

Guest davidwhangchoi

love 80s action style flicks. short plot, all action.

sad that bruce willis will not come back...

Wesley Snipes- ".....Always bet on Black!"

Edited by davidwhangchoi

love 80s action style flicks. short plot, all action.

sad that bruce willis will not come back...

Wesley Snipes- ".....Always bet on Black!"

He's out of jail now?

Guest davidwhangchoi

no guilt... no thinking... i'll see it in public with a group testosterone filled of macho guys from the Reagan Administration.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i felt the first one had the important scene with Mickey Rourke that gave the movie some depth and less characters onscreen to develop chemistry between teammates.

the second lacked any depth in character development and had too many characters on screen at once hindering development of chemistry.

I thought the Norris camp comedy is what made the second movie. Face it, these are over the hill stars getting together with some newer faces for one last hurrah (or three...). Plot and character development are not needed, Lone Wolf jokes are though!

Have to agree on Cage, he was NOT an eighties action star and certainly not a newer face. If they have him as a helicopter pilot that dies off in the first five minutes that would be good though. (I forget the name of the movie I'm thinking of and it is not worth the bother of figuring it out)

Is Bolo Yueng still alive? He'd be pretty cool. Definitely Carl Weathers. As a bad guy doing his biggest Apollo Creed as a prick like in the beginning of Rocky II more than Dylan or Rocky III/IV Apollo.

They overdid the Chuck Norris. I thought his first appearance was great but definitely shouldn't have done the last one and the second one should have been toned down. Loved the snake joke, though. :lol:

Better yet, bring back JCVD and have him be his twin brother as a tongue in cheek reference to Double Impact (also had Bolo Yeung in it). Maybe that will be Expendables 4. :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

I haven't seen Demolition Man in a long time, so I don't know how poorly it aged, but I saw it shortly after release and thought Snipes totally stole that movie. Great performance.

You know what's messed up? when he does that racist segment, ching chong ching chong to the little kids in the museum. all of my asian friends (including me) would laugh so hard even though it was messed up at the time... i don't know who was more messed up snipes or us asian guys laughing at us being made fun of.

edite: i found it...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

You know who else should be in the group? Kurt Russell. Just watch this memorable scene from Tango & Cash, one of the ultimate guilty pleasure films.

And who could forget these lines?

Tango: "When this is over, we have to pay Jabba the Hutt here a visit."
Cash: "I'll bring the chainsaw."
Tango: "I'll bring the beer."

Tango: "Here."
Cash: "Aw, c'mon, how come yours is bigger than mine?"
Tango: "Genetics, peewee."

Ray Tango: "Pleasure doing time with ya."
Gabriel Cash: "Yeah, I'll never forget that time in the shower."

Edited by areaseven

Guest davidwhangchoi

You know who else should be in the group? Kurt Russell. Just watch this memorable scene from Tango & Cash, one of the ultimate guilty pleasure films.

don't mean to spam reply, but i just saw it yesterday!!! and Big Trouble Little China

tango and cash introduced the word FUBAR to my lexicon

Edited by davidwhangchoi