SVF-41 Black Aces, ready to launch!

Jefuemon

Wow, phenomenal work. I was wondering why you'd go to the trouble of making a video until I watched it. Amazing! Not 100% on the yellow wingtips, but love the rest of the colour scheme. Very nice! I really must finish my own VF-1 one day, it's builds like this that inspire me...

Wow, phenomenal work. I was wondering why you'd go to the trouble of making a video until I watched it. Amazing! Not 100% on the yellow wingtips, but love the rest of the colour scheme. Very nice! I really must finish my own VF-1 one day, it's builds like this that inspire me...

Thanks! And thanks for the indirect help from the Studio Starforge pilots.

Needed the video to show of the LED's. Kind of hard to get the complete effect from just photos.

Really can't beat this:

attachicon.giftenjin comment.jpg

Here's the whole conversation.

To actually get Tenjin to acknowledge your work is incredible! I'm beyond impressed. Please tell me you're bringing this to the MW Con. :unsure:

Unfortunately, that ain't gonna happen. I'd be nervous taking this down to Shizuoka, let alone flying with it overseas.

If Tenjin-san ever makes it back up to Sapporo, I'll see if he'll sign this, though. No telling, he did sign a 3D poster of his for me.

post-12411-0-30830300-1350779106_thumb.jpg

Also, to everyone who has one of these kits sitting in their closet- COME ON PEOPLE!!! GET WITH THE BUILDS!!!!

If Jefuemon can build, you can too!

(sorry, looking for just Martin Yan's catch phrase, can't seem to find it)

Also, to everyone who has one of these kits sitting in their closet- COME ON PEOPLE!!! GET WITH THE BUILDS!!!!

I've been working on and off for the past few months on a Hasegawa VF-1 Battroid. During the summer break, I got around to painting it (first time in something like 20 years). Opted for the TV series Max VF-1J colouring and all the frustrations that entails.

No telling when it will be finished (clear coat, panel lines, decals, touch ups, etc). Just putting a shout out in response that some of us lurkers are (slowly) bringing the kits out of the closet and making progress.

@Jefuemon: That was more than an awesome work !!. Thanks a lot for sharing it with us !. Just getting the thumbs up from Tenjin Hidetaka is more than dangerous for the faint hearted. :)

If Jefuemon can build, you can too!

(sorry, looking for just Martin Yan's catch phrase, can't seem to find it)

I'd like to but there are some complications. I'm really worried about sagging as I have the second gen boxing with the brass piping (which apparently was further reinforced later.) I also don't know if I'll use the totally awesome deck piping or build an hexagonal tunnel that hikaru's valk emerges out of near the end of DYRL (it too uses the launch arm.)

In all honesty I have a dozen things on the go that I can't see myself building it for quite some time.

Congratulations Jefuemon! The project came out great and to get your project's inspiration seal of approval is cool as well! Great overall execuation and the work was worth it (even tackling the LEDs ^_^ ) - MT

Great to see this, especially after all that suspense! Great job on all of it, and great soundtrack!

modelglue

After I posted the video, I did ask Miki what she thought of the BGM. She said no problem, and was also impressed with the build.

(Miki is the lead singer of Galmet, the band I've got playing while filming)

And to Sketchly, guess I should have been more specific on who I was calling out. According to this old thread, looks like everyone and their brother picked up a launch arm kit, but I've only ever seen two built- wmcheng's, and the recaster who shall remain nameless.

Noyhauser, mine's got the brass rod in the end part, brass pipe in the base part. I don't think there's going to be any sagging problem. Seems really sturdy. Also, Wave does make an octagonal H-Hanger. That was my original idea for the build.

I went with the H-Hanger base, because the person I had gotten the arm from had accidentally trashed the base plate (which is why I got a super deal on it!) If I ever track another one down, I will do it as a wall mount, with the original base and signal light.

Great built, although to be honest I'm not a fan of the extra large thrusters on the leg FAST Packs and the side of the Back FAST packs.

Graham

Going for the Ultimate Detail look. I did debate a little bit, if they were too big; but you gotta figure that these are for space use only, so throw aerodynamics out the window.

[Edited for my overuse of the word "only"]

Edited by Jefuemon

Beautiful work!!! So nice to see more of these arms built up, and what a wonderful job too. Love the lights.

Just watch the sag in the arm over time when mounted like this, mine is sagging pretty badly now (even though there is a brass rod inside the resin) - its slow and imperceptible, but it will sag when mounted like this over time (it was fine for the first year or two - but its been more than eight years now). Not sure how I'm going to corrected, I'm afraid the cure might be worst than the problem.

... (it was fine for the first year or two - but its been more than eight years now). Not sure how I'm going to corrected, I'm afraid the cure might be worst than the problem.

That's easy. Display upside down and in another 8 years or so it will have sagged back to it's original shape. :p:D

After I posted the video, I did ask Miki what she thought of the BGM. She said no problem, and was also impressed with the build.

(Miki is the lead singer of Galmet, the band I've got playing while filming)

Very cool, I think I found a few new things to rock to while hobbying, after looking at your twitter feed.

Congrats again on a slick build and great detailing.

modelglue

• 2 weeks later...