The Fantastic Four will undergo yet another reboot in 2015, after the 2005 film and its sequel failed to live up to expectations. Josh Trank (Chronicle) has been given the director's chair, while Matthew Vaughn (X-Men: First Class, Kick-Ass) and Akiva Goldsman (Batman & Robin, Jonah Hex) are on-board as producers. Screenplay is by Michael Green (Green Lantern) and Seth Grahame-Smith (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Dark Shadows). Filming crew has moved from Vancouver to Louisiana due to better tax incentives.

Currently, no actors have been named to portray the Fantastic Four or Doctor Doom, though it was heavily rumored that Michael B. Jordan (Steve in Chronicle) was to be cast as Johnny Storm/The Human Torch, Miles Teller (Sutter in The Spectacular Now) as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic, and Allison Williams (Marnie in Girls) as Susan Storm/Invisible Girl.

The reboot is scheduled for release on March 6, 2015, and is said to share continuity with the X-Men series after Days of Future Past.

Edited by areaseven

So, Fox figures the key to a sucessful reboot is hiring two of the worst screenwriters in the business. Simply stunning.

I'm on my phone, can you throw up a "No." for me, A7? Thanks.

Edited by Duke Togo

Michael Green is no longer listed at IMDB as a writer, instead director Josh Trank is given writing credits, so maybe there is some hope.

No, he's given story credits. Vastly different. Jeremy Slater is given screenplay credit, with Seth Grahame-Smith having done a revision to said screenplay. Apparently, there are a couple other hands in the pot as well. Not the sort of thing that usually bodes well, but lets hope that's for story, and not actually screenplay work.

Edited by Duke Togo

The best animated FF: The 1960's Hanna-Barbara one then the1990's FOX one (2nd season). I really wish WB (the owners of the show) & Marvel could work it out and get the original series on DVD. If you're able check out the 1970's FF radio show; it's surprisingly good with Bill "Groundhog Day/Ghostbusters" Murray as the Human Torch.

This was Hanna-Barbera's golden age guys. Alex Toth was the character designer on this cartoon and he designed Space Ghost too if any of you oldtimers remember watching it. He is one of my all-time favorite comic artists!

I'm not too optimistic about the reboot (Goldsman and Green seriously??), hoping to be proven wrong this time. I'm sure it can't be worse than the previous attempts though... I still can't believe Michael Green is being offered a job on a movie after what he did to Green Lantern.

Edited by Frogze

The FF has no compelling stories to tell in my opinion... unless you get all crazy space nuts, and just throw expectations out the window. Or you could go the route of a retro space race theme... idk.

i recall that the FF had something to do with finding the real Jean Grey (when it outed that the Phoenix was the one who died in Issue #137....)

thats pretty much my recollition of the FF. after that, i was Dark Horse's slave for the longest...

I'll pass.

This is why I never got into FF myself. All the last two movies do was confirm my dislike for the FF. I'm amazed their still around.

I bet that's 100% Alba's doing...

i recall that the FF had something to do with finding the real Jean Grey (when it outed that the Phoenix was the one who died in Issue #137....)

thats pretty much my recollition of the FF. after that, i was Dark Horse's slave for the longest...

That was Jean Grey's reintroduction back into the Marvel universe and the beginning of X-Factor (the re-teaming of the five original X-Men: Jean Grey, Cyclops, Beast, Angel, and Iceman). Also, having the Phoenix replace Jean during the Dark Phoenix Saga absolved Jean of being a mass murderer (Phoenix ate a star and killed a entire solar system and a Shi-ar Star Cruiser). I thought that little retcon was really lame and ruined a great X-Men story..

• 2 months later...

It seems that Michael B. Jordan has been confirmed to play the Human Torch, according to sources. Meanwhile, the search for the next Invisible Girl is down to Saoirse Ronan (13-year-old Briony Tallis in Atonement), Kate Mara (Kristi in 127 Hours), and Margot Robbie (Laura in Pan Am).

Michael B. Jordan Officially Signed On to Play Johnny Storm in Fantastic Four?

Fantastic Four: Sue Storm Casting Said to Be Down to Three

what would make tons of cash? especially from the 18-25 demographic? She Hulk... who you want to see... to express yourself in hands-on fashion... as She Hulk?

It seems that Michael B. Jordan has been confirmed to play the Human Torch, according to sources. Meanwhile, the search for the next Invisible Girl is down to Saoirse Ronan (13-year-old Briony Tallis in Atonement), Kate Mara (Kristi in 127 Hours), and Margot Robbie (Laura in Pan Am).

Michael B. Jordan Officially Signed On to Play Johnny Storm in Fantastic Four?

Fantastic Four: Sue Storm Casting Said to Be Down to Three

Aren't Johnny and Sue siblings? They picked a black Johnny Storm why are the looking at 3 white girls for Sue? Wouldn't she be black too? Are they afraid to have Sue and Reed become an interracial couple? Is Sue and Johnny going to be adopted? If they are adopted why isn't Sue going after Johnny. If they're adopted then they aren't related.

Aren't Johnny and Sue siblings? They picked a black Johnny Storm why are the looking at 3 white girls for Sue? Wouldn't she be black too? Are they afraid to have Sue and Reed become an interracial couple? Is Sue and Johnny going to be adopted? If they are adopted why isn't Sue going after Johnny. If they're adopted then they aren't related.

I'm wondering if they might be preparing another Roger Coreman.

what would make tons of cash? especially from the 18-25 demographic? She Hulk... who you want to see... to express yourself in hands-on fashion... as She Hulk?

Not me.

Anyway, looking forward to this, I thought the first two FF movies were cool. That reminds me I should get around to seeing the unreleased one made by Roger Corman.

ok. after looking at that, i feel the need to floss my eyeballs... thats really good for us that wasnt ever shown... does Marvel even accoledge it exists? (did they at least ask for their money back?)

Well blended families are no real big deal; I've seen plenty of families that have children from other marriages say that's my brother or sister..I'm still on the fence about changing Johnny but I do understand that the FF does need some revamping..

Hmmm...

Lexi Belle

Ashlynn Brooke

Shay Laren

Sunny Leone

Just to name a few.

none of those are even close to buff enough.

try Kendra Lust or Jewels Jade to start.

Edited by anime52k8

• 3 months later...

:huh:

*Edit to add, that I just read the Wiki page for the Ultimate Fantastic Four, which this reboot is supposed to be based off of. That said - maybe this will work, and I like Kate Mara and Michael B. Jordan but there better be a damn good script behind this one.

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike