Guest davidwhangchoi

This show has some cool looking characters: i actually realized it's on netflix so i can now watch it with breaks.

Q looks like Q

main character looked like Jim Gordon but now looks like Gordon Freeman with the methlab suit on.

the DEA looks like that fat guard actor Wade Williams from the show "Prison Break" and Jerry Doyle from Babylon 5

his partner Gomez looks like Oscar from the office without the beard. with it, he looks like the Joe Mantega from Criminal Minds

the kid looks like a midget Chris O Donnell with a huge forehead and receding hairline LBJ style

wow the mexican cartel guy used to be a good looking skinny dude in scar face...

the two mexican brothers look like Kratos from God of War. i really liked them.

oh, need to add: the lawyer looks like Luke Wilson from Legally Blonde

Update: watching season 5,

Oooo, he's turning bad, like Big Boss bad. i wonder if this is how Metal Gear Solid developed.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Where did Jesse learn to pick locks/handcuffs?

.....a few hrs until this thread becomes alive for the last time!!!...I'm not READY to say goodbye to breaking bad just yet.

I hope the last episode is gonna be like the tardis ....there's soo much stuff ya gotta pack into it..I hope everything fits??!!

Guest davidwhangchoi

almost caught up... 1.5 episodes to go... it's ending like a train wreck...

Dad kidnapped the baby.. ok, he gave it back...

one more to go

final episode...

lol, was laughing the whole time at the greymatter house.. those laser pointers have way too much width.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Best ending ever

I'm not sure any show will ever top the Newhart ending. But it was a great episode, and a satisfying ending. It fit with the show and didn't seem out of place. Everything it needed to be, and nothing more. Truly excellent work by all involved.

Newhart? hahaha. .. I don't agree.

If you didn't watch it at the time and understand where they went with it, you missed the moment.

But, it doesn't really matter here. The ending here was very well done, as was the entire final season.

On the flipside of the coin, Dexter's final season was such a mess I haven't even watched the final episode yet. Breaking Bad shows you how to end a series, while Dexter shows you how not to.

Guest davidwhangchoi

All those 308. bullets flying everywhere, probably a ricochet. Thats how Walt got hit.

got it. it looks like, through seeing the tracer fire, they cut through everything clean... i guess i thought they were too much power to bounce around

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I fine finish indeed. I loved how it all wrapped up; Gretchen and Elliott get the money for Flynn (with some dime store motivation, LOL), Skylar gets a way out of her legal troubles, Lydia gets her "stevia" and Todd/Jack get nice new haircuts. I loved how Jack tried to bargin his way out and was cut short.

"Bon Voyage Breaking Bad....you were good" :)

Awesome! Just watched 140 minutes of uninterrupted Breaking Bad for the best finale ever! Seeing Talking Bad was also great! Now I have to watch both episodes by myself... wasn't really expecting it to become a party, but it was fun to see it with a bunch of good friends that are true fans of he show. The discussions after made it that much more fun also. So happy it ended, in a good way, not glad that it's over. Just happy to see a series finally pay off.

But at the same time they will find the tape he made with Hank and it will probably help him avoid actual

Jail time.

Sadly I'm guessing "Better call Saul" is going to take place before BB, so there's no chance of ever

Seeing Jessie's final ending and future.

Edited by skullmilitia

Guest davidwhangchoi

man! i never get into shows until they are finishing bc it'll drive me crazy waiting each week for the next episode. i avoided walking dead so far so good. and i own madmen seasons 1-4 on blu ray still in shrink wrap..

glad got a chance to hop on this wagon as it was ending.

in the talking bad live show, jimmy kimmel was saying he left the watch the kid gave him on his bday on the payphone bc he wanted to dissociated himself from jesse thinking he is about to go kill him. and Vince was just agreeing to everything. but he didn't know the kid was alive... at the point when he called as the NYtimes guy. so it must've been he felt he was letting go of the father/son/betraying memories of the kid..

the end reminded me of 3:10 to Yuma, when the kid had a choice to shoot him... except the guy was his father figure and the bad guy at the same time...

Did they say at what point he found out about the new batch of blue meth? He could have known by then because by the time he leaves the watch, the next scene is the rich couple. And then when he gets out he mentions it to Skinny Pete and Badger. Either way, he had to ditch the watch for continuity reasons. lol.

Good ending, but I still prefer the season finale of season 4.

For me, that's the real end of the show. When season 4 ended I said to myself "well, that was as good of an ending as I could expect, so I won't watch the next season." My roommate threw a "viewing party" every Sunday for season 5 so I saw or heard most of it anyway. It was well done, but I wish I had been able to stick to my initial intention.

They added the tracer rounds in in post production. 1 in every 4 and it did 4 sweeps.

I liked the end to season 4, but I think season 5 was a power house of good acting, story and intensity. Wouldn't be the same show without it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Did they say at what point he found out about the new batch of blue meth? He could have known by then because by the time he leaves the watch, the next scene is the rich couple.

yeah, you might be right... he finds out the blue meth is still being produced on the tv news where the greymatter couple are disassociating themselves from him. I think he could be suspicious but may not know if it's Jesse, at the payphone scene. i think the watch scene is a bit ambiguous.

Afterwards, he asks those guys he always gets their names wrong in the car after the big scare if the blue meth is being produced. trying to find out who's cooking the meth. they tell him they think he's was producing it, that when he realizes it's Jesse is alive for the first time or that confirmed his suspicions from the tv report.

My feelings are: (i didn't DVR it so i could have missed something)

the car scene seemed to suggest Walt was unaware and surprised by Skinny Pete and Badger's reply "aren't you still cooking?". i thought that might've meant Walt was initially thinking there was an inferior imitation out their from one of his competitors or todd figured it out. then and there i thought he became suspicious when they said they were sure it was his work and confirmed it can only be Jesse making it when they said the blue meth is really really good. i thought "the watch" at the payphone was Walt letting him go since he's thinks Jesse's dead and the car scene revived his "vindictive feelings" of "NO ONE makes the product better than ME! I built this Empire!!!" anger towards Jesse. not sure, if he wants to kill him or just rebuke/let him know he's a nobody, when he plots to confront Jesse...

Because he didn't have the angry feelings when learning about the blue meth report on the news (Walt is a paranoid ego maniac and would've instantly thought i'm going kill Jesse at the bar, if he suspected him).. (i guess to me that meant he wasn't suspicious that it was Jesse, but just curious where the product was coming from perhaps old stock or imitation) but was just pissed off at the rich couple.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Best ending ever, the show brought closure to everything. Also glad he was able to reveal the location of Hank and Gomie remains for proper burial. What's the significance of Walter leaving his watch? Jesse had to survive to take care of Brock

Edited by Valkyrie addict