Hasegawa VF-0A/S

MinoRem

Hello, I've been searching about the VF0A/S by Hasegawa but couldn't find much on what I've been searching for. I'm still a newbie modeller and don't have all the necessary tools to make the perfect model anyways, I want to know

1. Since it comes as cream color it means I require to paint it. Do I have to do a initial wash to remove the glossy surface so the paint will be stay on better?

2. I do enamal + thinner for line panel. Will it still work on a painted surface?

3. Are there any tricky parts I should be aware before I dive into it?

Thanks for any comments

Also it is this model

http://www.hlj.com/product/hsg20/Sci

#1: A lot of people do wash the sprues as a first step. I do not... and have not yet had a problem with any of my kits. Its more required for very old kits and resin kits (though there you need a brush to ensure the mold release agent has been removed.

#2 Really depends what your base coat is: enamel on enamel can cause a problem because it can react with the base coat and make a mess. Most people put a gloss coat down (often, but not always Future floor wax) then do their enamel wash.

#3 there are several builds on the forum you should look for. WM Cheng's at the top of this sub-forum would be a good one.