screenshots for the new robotech game

I heard that this month' s Electronic Gaming Monthly has screenshots of the upcoming New Generation Robotech game. It's a first person perspective and you fight the Invids. Has anybody seen these and can upload'em. Does EGM have a website? I really want to see these pictures. :ph34r:

post-26-1061853254_thumb.jpg

Is it going to feature characters from all three Robotech series'? That sorta looks like Millia........does anyone know where I can find more pics? (we REALLY need the old HELP smiley back)

I actually like these. Now if they can only animate her correctly. The Sentinels looked like one huge anime-friend episode.

EDIT: Here UN Spacy help.gif

EDIT Again: WDC, I just saw where it said Studio Yune... <_>

Edited by >EXO<

She's not going to be in the game. I just liked the picture. It's concept art for Battlecry not Robotech 2. Robotech 2 is going to be Mospeada not Macross.

Then why the heck did you post her in a "new robotech" thread, damnit! If you wanted ppl to understand that you simply like it... you should have said so! :angry:

As for her... she isn't fan works material because she isn't green haired. <_<

Then why the heck did you post her in a "new robotech" thread, damnit! If you wanted ppl to understand that you simply like it... you should have said so! :angry:

As for her... she isn't fan works material because she isn't green haired. <_<

First of all, if you had seen some of my other posts you'd see I have other attachments. I have Mospeada and Fatal Fury artwork as simply decoration. Secondly, I never said I had any screeshots; I wanted know have other ppl had seen or had them. I never said she was in the game. I through her in because of fans of the other Robotech game might recognized her. You fight her three times in the game for Pete's sake. Finally, didn't you read the post! I'm looking for screenshots to! Like this is also decoration:

post-26-1061894631.gif

Don't decorate you posts. It eats up drive space and people are always wondering what it has to do with the post. I thought this was character design for a new game. Never did finish that stupid game. I hated the way it kept transforming when I hit the low, low ceiling.

Relevance is the key. ;)

At least his art style improved alittle.

But BAH! I want gameplay shots not some ugly concept art. <_<

It should be noted that, as some Robotech fans pointed out, that Kiyora (the Q-Rau ace in Battlecry) was ripped off from a character from one of the old Robotech comics. <_<

The attached picture below (I own that issue) is Seloy Depora, a Q-Rau ace who was featured at the Malcontent Uprisings comics from Eternity.

Goes to show that Tommy Yune is still a no-talent yutz. <_<

EDIT: Spelling.

post-26-1061906606.jpg

Edited by Captain of the SDF-1 Macross

I may not be partial to Tommy Yune's artwork... but he's in print and apparently making money from his work. Are you? If not then quitcherbitchen. :p It is sooooo easy to critique people's work... heck I do it for a living. But in order for your critique to hold any worth you have to be able to show the person being critiqued "how it is done". My opinion was worth dick three years ago in my field, but now I'm an award winning design manager and my tastes make or break deals. (hows that for an ego)

P.S. - based on my hatred of the first robotech game, they had better wow me with this one because I was not impressed with the last one. Now if someone would dump a few hundred grand down me to make the next Robotech game I could assemble a team and show them how it is supposed to be done. B)

I think he has talent, whether you guys like his style or not. If he would make up his own property, it would probably actually look quite good. I'm not sure if money is the measure of talent, success maybe, but not talent. Don't make me bring up Vin Diesel. (ooops, too late.)

My whole problem is the 'Studio Yune' crack. If he works for a company that won't recognize them as creators, then he should even try to emulate them. Even if it's done tongue in cheek. That's like if you stole your neighbors lemons from his tree and sold lemonade using his name just to taunt him. I'm sure that's not what he meant to do, but you gotta think of what you're doing if your work is somehow going to surface publicly. In this case, he IS a putz. <_>

EDIT: grammar

Edited by >EXO<

I should have realized that Kimora was a ripoff of Seloy; they're both pyschos.

I don't know who does people are, I think someone else pointed them out.

Also, you posted the same image twice. You can just post it once and then use an image link to make it show up again in another post. That's uploading the same image twice. Shawn just got a bigger drive, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't learn to conserve his space.

Just take the link of the image and use the IMG button after you hit reply.

This is becoming a pet peev of mine...

Thanks.

BTW, is that Mospeada rider wearing a U.N Spacy emblem? :rolleyes:

Exo-

Yes he is. That piece of art was done by Kevin Long for the Robotech RPG by Palladium back in the 80s. The UN Spacy symbol was added on for some sort of consistancy.

Not to mention that all of the Robotech mecha drawn by Kevin Long has the UN Spacy emblem, with the exceptions of the lifted animation sheets. Wayne Breaux Jr., who replaced Long, drew the UN Spacy emblem only of the "Veritechs" and Destroids. Yet, he did draw one on the Super Alpha, a beefed-up version of the Alpha with UN Spacy FAST Packs.

I also remembered that the Matchbox Hovertank toy had a UN Spacy sticker on its leg near the knee. <_<

I also remembered that the Matchbox Hovertank toy had a UN Spacy sticker on its leg near the knee. <_<

I have both the Exo-Squad and Matchbox versions and they have the logos and in the same area the thigh.

~G25

It was supposed to be in this month's EGM. I read it on a post from Robotech.com. I brought the September issue and couldn't find the article. The next issue is going to have a 80's theme and will feature Transformers and He-Man. The article and pictures might be there. :ph34r:

It was supposed to be in this month's EGM. I read it on a post from Robotech.com. I brought the September issue and couldn't find the article. The next issue is going to have a 80's theme and will feature Transformers and He-Man. The article and pictures might be there. :ph34r:

I bet RT.com will have the "honor" of displaying the first pic first.