vf22 or sv51 trying to make a choice

messiah

Hey how's it going really trying to make up my mind and can't decide.which do you feel is better I can get a vf22 for a fair price but I like the sv51 but I would have to try and find one and not get raped in price .both I'd love to have in my collection but only funds for one .so maybe you guys can help me out .you know pros and cons

Oh god I got the same dilemma too! Except I have VF-11B to consider as well. For me, since VF-22S of all 3 versions are still ebay-able at ok prices, might as well get SV-51 first if you can get it at a reasonable price, THEN get VF-22s :p.

But of course, you have to consider future re-issues IF ANY by Arcadia too and see if you would like to risk it.

Edited by close313

I like the VF-22 as a toy but the design of the SV-51 is more interesting to me.

In fighter mode it looks good with its wing boosters on top. One of the themes of the OVA was how back then they all had these strict fuel limits so they had to fight quickly and couldn't waste too much time just flying in the air for ages. When you first see the scene of the SV-51 transforming into robot mode and attacking Shin from behind and hm getting owned by being hit in the butt, it kinda sets the tone for the rest of macross as this is the first transforming robot you see. (UN had to play catch up to Anti UN)

Macross Zero may have had a lot of strange things like shamans flying on floating rocks but one thing I like about it is that the mecha design in quite cool (especially the destroids, there is one that is a submarine that can go on land in another mode).

You actually see the reasons for why transforming in combat makes valks better than a dedicated fighter which can't transform. Much like the Batman Begins movies try to explain all the reasons for Batman dressing up as a bat and using military weapon tech to make the costume to suit his style of crime fighting. This is obviously a sign of reboot of the franchise being done here with all the updated versions of stuff we see from the old tv show. (for instance seeing Roy use his head laser weapon to shoot down missiles which you never saw from SDFM.)

To me the SV-51 is unique, VF-22 = revisit of an existing thing. (YF-21)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Thanks guys yeah I actually used to collect transformers but I sold all of them to pursue valks .in the past two months I got a vf19 emerald force colors,two vf25 with super parts Luca and Michael.my yf29 30th edition colors .vf171 nightmare plus.alto ex gear......I heard as well the possibility of rereleasing of macross zero valks .so I think I'll grab a vf 22 while eBay prices are reasonable .and if I ever come across a sv51 at a decent price I'll grab it .thanks guys a lot for the help.

You may be called messiah, but it's me who's gonna provide you with a miracle solution! If, or when, Arcadia does the SV-51 it's unlikely that they will start with the Cannon Fodder. So get that one, and if Arcadia redesigns it you can get one more in hopefully Ivanov's colors. (I hate Nora's with a passion). So you are safe... in a way...

That's a very good idea thank you .there just something about the sv51 in jet mode its sllek and sexy lines are well you know.in gerwalk it reminds me of like a crane .I really do like it and if Arcadia is gonna retool it a bit sweet . Now what about the vf0 think they will do that as well?

I think there is a good chance that Arcaida will release a updated VF-0 after the release of the YF-19. The VF-0D miniature shown in the technical drawings of the YF-19 indicate that this is what they are planning to do next. If Mr. K is in the mood he might leak a few images after the first Valkyrie release from Arcadia.

Guest davidwhangchoi

sv-51 baby! really like the fighter mode of ivanov. if they redesigned the yf-19, perhaps they may re-do the yf-21? hmmm that's a tough decision...

I think an updated version of the YF-21 is in the realm of possibility but since the sales of the VF-22S variants seem to have been lacking I don't seem Arcadia redoing them (Especially since I bought a VF-22S during the great Yamato decay; I don't want to buy it again and honestly the Blue Gazer is a great looking toy ^_^).

So I would get the VF-22S since a reboot of the Macross Zero toy line seems likely if Arcadia survives long enough. However, do take my words with a grain of salt because I'm a noop and I don't know what I'm talking about. :)

Both fighters are gorgeous, the SV51 is huge, and massive fully equipped and can feature a damn pretty nice and aggressive poses thanks to its articulated wings. I also love the YF-21 design: I would defenately go for the YF-21 instead of the Gamlin's 22 but this is personal choice.

Which one to grab first? I would say the best deal you can find but make sure to not miss one in your collection ;)

I mean the 1/60 VF-22 :lol: (and 1/60 YF-21) looks better in Fighter mode as the limbs are too slim in Battroid and Gerwalk modes. (in my personal opinion)

IMGP0478.JPG

The Gnu-Dou figures has better proportion because it does not have to accommodate transforming mechanism.

IMG_0104.JPG

Edited by alchemo