Alaska Base Location

Knight26

Yes I know an odd topic, but where do we think Alaska Base was suppossed to be located? Let's face it Alaska is a big place, so is Alaska Base in the middle of no where or possibly colocated with an existing facility like Elmendorf or Eileson?

I always hoped it was near Anchorage so this town would get blown up. In our world, the most likely places would be Kodiac Launch Complex (State of Alaska) or Poker Flat Research Range (University of Alaska Fairbanks) if it grew out of an existing facility. In Macross, they could build it from nothing anywhere they wanted.

I'm wondering... I get the feeling that while Hikaru rescued Misa in Alaska, I'm not sure that that's where they (or the Macross) ended up, since the weather in the post-war arc (to say nothing of Plus) doesn't seem terribly Alaskan.

If I were to say something about Plus, I'd note that Macross City there is based on Orlando. Not sure if that means much, though.

Macross City could be anywhere on Earth. I'm being sincere.

With the destruction of the land-masses, the near complete extermination of life, and the changes to the weather - let alone the boiling off of some or most of the oceans and the ensuing changes that come with the disruption of the sea currents - it could be anywhere, and all bets are off when it comes to comparing it to existent weather patterns on Earth.

Well, when they flew out of Alaska Base, they didn't fly very far. Not with a busted canopy. And I always thought that the Macross settled into a crater not too far from them. As it sure looked like it was in no condition to fly anywhere else...

Edited by Thom

Yes I know an odd topic, but where do we think Alaska Base was suppossed to be located? Let's face it Alaska is a big place, so is Alaska Base in the middle of no where or possibly colocated with an existing facility like Elmendorf or Eileson?

Macross Chronicle had a map of the rough locations of the Grand Cannon systems on Technology Sheet 08A.

It's printed kind of small, and the circle's on the big side, but Grand Cannon I appears to have been situated in eastern Alaska, near the Canadian boarder, in the general vicinity of the Yukon-Charlie Rivers National Preserve. Grand Cannon II appears to be right in Queensland, Australia, west of the Mount Rosie Resource Reserve. Grand Cannon III seems to be somewhere in the Democratic Republic of Congo, west of Lake Victoria. Grand Cannon IV is on the moon, and Grand Cannon V appears to be in the vicinity of Sinop, Brazil.

As far as the location of Macross City, the Macross Compendium has it as being in Alaska, east of Grand Cannon I... meaning that it's probably near the border of what used to be the Yukon.

• 1 month later...