Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Hikaru Special Movie Ver ??

kengiu

just reposting mr. k twitters from previous posts:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39547&p=1060994

Mr. K says will re-release fast packs, armor but expect higher prices

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39470&p=1059741

Arcadia will not make many color variants (lose money)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39470&p=1059782

translation of the 2nd post

So is it safe to say that if we get any further reissues, they will likely be of sculpts/paint variants that are known to be top sellers? The releases announced so far (Roy and Hik 1S and the YF-19) seem to support this.

I guess that means mass production and Kakizaki variants are off the table. On the flip side, does that increase the likelihood of seeing reissues of Hik, Max, and Milia VF-1Js?

Guest davidwhangchoi

I think a Hikaru VF-1J is almost certainly going to happen, especially if they're teasing the GBP reissue.

they already have, but they just added some color and tenjin art :) jk!!

and a freakin' giant box

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I think a Hikaru VF-1J is almost certainly going to happen, especially if they're teasing the GBP reissue.

First i've heard of this GBP reissue rumor... I hope they make a 1/60 Urban Camo version... I really thought that Yamato would milk the GBP mold with other schemes when they first released the tv version.

As for VF-1 reissues, i would just like to have a second chance at getting a VF-1D VR... that's it.

Edited by m0n5t3r

Honestly.. I think they should just make a head pack so you can mix and match.

And then some sliding color decals! Red, blue, green, and yellow. haha.

Then just do a V3 and really jazz it up with some extra detailing or diecast.. Put it at around $250-300

I'd buy that rather than tons of color releases.

I think it's amusing that Arcadia has become gun shy about releasing too many paint scheme variants when Yamato pretty much set the standard for every variant under the sun. Meanwhile Bandai is releasing a 25CF after releasing a 171CF. It's bizarro world. Also all of Bandai's CF's are exploding...

It's not smart for Arcadia to say they will continue everything Yamato-Macross related to prevent people not purchasing their current releases in expectation of a future announced one.

If they would go and announce the 1J M&M noone will care about the Hikaru or Roy because they will save up for them instead and wait for the 1S to go on sale. Which is what happened to Yamato.

I think the only released that was 100% profit as the VF-4G

If that is what Arcadia's doing, then it's a smart move on their part. But of course, it could mean that they might not wanna put out variants that they think is not going to sell really well and that's not good news for us.

The problem/fortune with Macross is that Macross lives on repaint and small variants (head)

VF-0, SV-51, VF-1, VF-4, VF-11, YF-19, YF-21, VF-17, VF-19, VF-22.

Those are only 10 valks molds to be made. but if you throw in their variants.

VF-0A/S, SV-51, VF-1A/D/J/S, VF-4, VF-11B/C, YF-19, YF-21, VF-17D/S, VF-19F/S/P/Kai, VF-22S

Now those 9 have turned into 19.

Now you must add the repaints

VF-0A Shin/VF-0A CF/VF-0S Roy, SV-51 Nora/Ivanov/CF, VF-1S Roy (TV/DRYL) VF-1A Max and kakizaki (TV/DYRL), VF-1A/S Hikaru (DYRL), VF-1J/VF-1Jw/GBP-1S, VF-1D Trainner, VF-D Virgin Road, VF-1J M&M, VF-1J M7-Millia, VF-1A CF (TV/DRYL), VE-1 Elintseeker, VT-1 Superostrich, VF-4G FB2012?/VFX, VF-11B, VF-11C, VF-17D/S, VF-19A Raven, VF-19S test flight, VF-19F/S/P/Kai, VF-22S Gamlin/Max/Miria.

Now you have 38.

And now add their add-ons, Reactive Armor for VF-0S, Full Armour for VF-11C, FAST packs for everything, fold booster.

And then throw the obscure valks repaints, VF-1A cavalier, VF-1 Alaska, Countless VF-1A CF in DYRL with slight scheme variations, VF-11C pink peckers, VF-11D soundforce.

It just goes on and on and on and on.

I'm not saying Arcadia has to do this, but at some point, they will need to start milking the molds that if done wisely and not out of control could give them a huge profit.

Sadly Yamato over saturated itself.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Everything they are doing is made to order though, it seems.

So they are only producing as many as people want for each release.

If people save up for something later, and pass on something else, then fewer will be made and it will hold more value. As long as they are seen to have more value and the "ultimate" release with the stands, art, and maybe some improvements? It's a win-win for real collectors.

Yamato made huge runs and just waited for them to sell. They probably had very little cash on hand. Plus Arcadia has all their creepy Mcgee money to fall back on.

Edited by Gakken85

I'm really looking forward to Christmas now and I'll finally get a Hikaru 1S for a decent price. Ebay is ridiculous right now...although since Arcadia started releasing photos and release dates on all their valks I have seen prices come down some.