Coming to theaters on March 14, 2014 is Need for Speed, the theatrical adaptation of EA Games' bestselling video game series. Directed by Scott Waugh (Act of Valor), the new film stars Aaron Paul (Jesse in Breaking Bad), Imogen Poots (young Valerie in V for Vendetta), Dominic Cooper (Howard Stark in Captain America: The First Avenger), Kid Cudi (some hip-hop artist), Rami Malek (Pharaoh Ahkmenrah in Night at the Museum 1-2, Lt. Hill in Battleship), Harrison Gilbertson (Callum in Conspiracy 365), Dakota Johnson (Fugazy in 21 Jump Street), and Michael Keaton (like no one here knows who he is...).

Official Site

Oh yeah, before Duke says it...

no-smoke_zpse974a0d7.jpg

Edited by areaseven

But you could just give it a try. You know, just the tip...

That being said, I imagine this being just as good as Redline.

Edited by Benson13

I tried watching the movie and it was horrible. I can't imagine this movie being good at all either.

Looks like its a different Redline movie. I'll see if I can find a link.

Edited by Benson13

Fast and Furious 2.0, but mixed with Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

I seriously hope those are cheap fibreglass kit cars they're bashing up. I hate Hollywood just for that reason, that they feel the need to destroy cars for the sake of explosions and action. Does anyone go to the races hoping for a crash? Demolition Derby is the only exception I can think of.

Edited by peter

Fast and Furious 2.0, but mixed with Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

Â

I seriously hope those are cheap fibreglass kit cars they're bashing up. I hate Hollywood just for that reason, that they feel the need to destroy cars for the sake of explosions and action. Does anyone go to the races hoping for a crash? Demolition Derby is the only exception I can think of.Â

You think that's bad? Redline had it worse. The producer had his Lamborghini Diablo and Porsche Carrera GT destroyed on purpose simply because he was a subprime mortgage broker and he could just buy more cars. He didn't even flinch when Eddie Griffin wrecked his Enzo Ferrari in a charity race; he simply posed in front of the mangled car for the cameras.

Every single person who's ever gone to a NASCAR race ever.

LOL, btw I like Need for Speed got every title ever released from the PS2 to the PS3. if there is anyone with a PS3 and has the current Need For Speed titles Hot Pursuit, The Run and Most Wanted look me up, my My Macrossworld member name is my PS3 network name except it has a 2 at the end. I couldn't come up with a proper PS network name at the time, I was tired.

Damn, you would think Hollywood could come up with better movies. I remember back in the day you would see movies adapted to games, but nowadays it's the complete opposite. Anyways, I liked some of the NFS games, but will pass on a movie.

I tried watching the movie and it was horrible. I can't imagine this movie being good at all either.

Looks like its a different Redline movie. I'll see if I can find a link.

Redline is the movie that ended my rather expensive practice of buying any movie that came out on Tuesday, no matter what it was. I was so angry that I had allowed such a piece of garbage like that into my home that I threw it out of my front door like a frisbee, to join my broken Yamato VF-0S in the street...

Redline is the movie that ended my rather expensive practice of buying any movie that came out on Tuesday, no matter what it was. I was so angry that I had allowed such a piece of garbage like that into my home that I threw it out of my front door like a frisbee, to join my broken Yamato VF-0S in the street...

Might have been a good idea to sell off parts from the broken VF-0S. You could have recouped a bit of cash.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey I loved the games until Black and then just... No.

I picked up 'Rivals for my PS4 and..I don't think any other launch title has ever put me to sleep...

• 2 months later...

^^^Only thing worth watching during the Super Bowl; I just hope it doesn't turn out like Redline...

Edited by myk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Saw this earlier today with my son (who only watches movies with the words fast, speed, car or chase in the title) and it really wasn't that bad.

The car chases felt "real" and even though it was fairly predictable I was entertained throughout - the 16 year old next to me loved it and all I could think was "no way in hell will he ever be able to borrow my car".

If you're looking for some car-race escapism then I say go see it.

-b.

I recently saw this, it wasn't horrible, I certainly didn't think it was as good as the Fast and Furious franchise story or character wise, but it had some pretty badass stunts done with practical effects instead of CG fakery.