So what are you willing to pay for Arcadia YF-19?

1/1 LowViz Lurker

Since Arcadia's YF-19 includes so much stuff, I wouldn't expect anything less than 30000(yen) for a preorder. I agree that MSRP might be closer to the VF-17D with Super Parts. This might also increase that preorder price, but I haven't been buying for very long, so I won't estimate by how much.

That said, I'm in and already setting aside money. I missed the VF-4G and those aftermarket prices suck! I'll have to be content with appreciating the Lightning from afar.

I'd love for the YF-19 to be 300 or less!, but realistically I feel it will be VF-17Dw/SP/VF-4G prices.

But we're still less than a year away and maybe if the VF-1J 30th, VF-1S Roy/Hikaru sell well enough the market could shift a little for them to allow a little price offset.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

I'd love for the YF-19 to be 300 or less!, but realistically I feel it will be VF-17Dw/SP/VF-4G prices.

But we're still less than a year away and maybe if the VF-1J 30th, VF-1S Roy/Hikaru sell well enough the market could shift a little for them to allow a little price offset.

Or, if the 1J 30th, and the 1S Roy and Hikaru, sell well at Arcadia's considerably higher MSRP, as compared to similar/same items from Yamato, it could serve as encouragement for them to over-charge for the new YF-19, knowing that collectors will be willing to shell out for just about any price they decide to charge. It's all speculation at this point, and I hope I'm wrong, but I can see them pushing the price into VF-4G territory... Why offset the price from the sale of one product into a lower selling price of another if you're confident you can sell your latest item at an extra-premium price?

I'm getting two VF-1J 30th not because I find the valk appealing but because how ugly valks like the angelbird and VFX tend to sell due to their rarity as a small investment for the near future, could even help fund a bit of the YF-19.

You consider the Angle Birds and VF-X ugly?

haha...yep. ok, maybe ugly was too harsh, the VF-1 can never be ugly, how about "their scheme are not very appealing to me" and hardly worth what people are trying to sell them for since they are not hero valks. But don't get me wrong, if I could, I wold buy them since I'm trying to be a completest.

The only valk I will never ever in a million gazillion years will get is a VF-19 Kai fire valk.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

I like the VF-X because it literally looks like it fell right out of the anime where somebody just decided "hey...I'm gonna write TEST real big down the leg!" It's a cool looking Valk, and as other's have stated..real darn close to a low vis grey paint scheme.

What I am afraid of is that, with all of this free "market research," Arcadia is likely to get the HIGHEST quoted price here, add 25% and be done with it.

Yeah but if they know what people can't afford they might price it to the lowest in order to sell as much as possible. (the richer guys then buying multiples like they always do)

There is always hope that if arcadia can't continue making these valks due to low sale and perceived lack of interest, bandai step in and take the macross license and do all premium toys for the high end collector. Prices under bandai might be cheaper.

The only reason hi metal got no love here was because yamato offered a better deal with their own 1/60 line according to people here. But if yamato had not beat bandai to market the himetal probably would have done better.

Bandai is watching what happens too. Some people just can't afford something at the prohibitivly-expensive price. While those that can will take a while to save. (it will sell slower than a cheaper product and sit around on shelf for a long time)

If people give an idea of how much their limit is it can also mean if these are made in small numbers the resale price you set when selling it off later is higher too. There might be for example late-comers who missed out on the item when they were originally released who get desperate to get one that will offer you more than what you originally paid.

I remember a long time ago there were actually angry collector pissed off at yamato for releasing more 1/48 toys because the items they bought and stock-piled drove the resale price down of their collection lol.They had assumed the items would not be easy to obtain.

Hopefully these sell well enough for arcadia that they profit and are able to keep doing other shows from macross.

There is a little incentive to release it cheaper since there are more fans of yf-19 than vf-4 which never got major exposure at all in a series. (and next year is the 20th anniversary of mac plus) The more that want one, the easier it will be to keep cost lower. I don't expect that to happen though since yamato went out of business. (don't know if this had anything to do with macross though) My opinion: They will start high and if they are desperate and nobody buys the thing, (due to lack of money) price will go down. But then if they put it TOO low such that profit is low too, it might mean they lose future interest in doing more stuff. The fear of no new stuff is probably an even bigger fear than the fear of a high initial price imo.

I'm one of those that is willing to pay high price so long as the quality is also high. Maybe when companies set low prices the paranoid guys ask "why it is so low?" and then fear it may break or something because of using crap materials or not caring about the quality checks lol There is also that factor too. Sometimes when you buy a premium quality product you expect a high price to match whatever high quality is claimed about that thing you are buying from the seller of such thing. It's like the company is saying that they are so confident you will trust that the product is good, they can afford to set price high and those that can afford it can take pride in knowing that other people can't. It is much like fashion: wearing the latest stuff means you had to pay a high price to keep up, and those wearing last season's stuff are not as hip since they waited a bit for prices to go down. lol Sometimes collectors do stuff as a status symbol more than anything else.

If you are seen wearing a cool looking shirt that no one else has seen before and which people like, it makes you special and more unique. Ok so maybe I have been playing too much Animal Crossing today..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

High quality product for an affordable price equals a good value purchase.

Arcadia should just mark as low as possible with sustainable profit of course.

Take preorders with a slight discount from retail.

Add about 10%-20% on top for shelf warmers or after market demand.

If they play safe and fulfill preorder demands in full - They should manage and good return without overstock harm assuming the cost is decently affordable.

Also if the cost is too high, it would hurt sales from buyers looking to purchase multiples.

Bandai has the right idea in selling Macross items less than $200US. Only problem for them is that they could earn more if they would just fill the preorder demand.

As much as I love Yamato the cost was too high when compared to the Bandai valks which were fully tampo printed with stand and cost a lot less. Obtaining one was really the only problem while most of us just waited for a sale for the Yamatos. It will be interesting to see what Arcadia plans on doing in the near future but so far it looks like they are following in Yamato's foot steps in pricing. If so - they won't last.

Guest davidwhangchoi

See, and he's the low-viz expert.

B)) , no expert though... i'll leave the expert analyzing CAD details of the 19 to you and the other guys.

LOL, ok fine, the VF-X isn't ugly :p. Maybe the pictures I've seen of it don't do too much justice since I don't own one. :blink:

IMHO I like the 1/48 low viz v1 better

the ve-1 non armored looks a bit low viz too...

I like the VF-X because it literally looks like it fell right out of the anime where somebody just decided "hey...I'm gonna write TEST real big down the leg!" It's a cool looking Valk, and as other's have stated..real darn close to a low vis grey paint scheme.

me too...

i sure hoping the yf 19 is the best engineered toy, out doing any previous yamato offering. i'm willing to pay for it. i may try to get two if i can afford it. i just hope the first release will not have problems that will need corrections w/ a second batch.

that was my biggest fear w/ the vf-4 but it turned out very nice for a first run of a new mold.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

High quality product for an affordable price equals a good value purchase.

Arcadia should just mark as low as possible with sustainable profit of course.

Take preorders with a slight discount from retail.

Add about 10%-20% on top for shelf warmers or after market demand.

If they play safe and fulfill preorder demands in full - They should manage and good return without overstock harm assuming the cost is decently affordable.

Also if the cost is too high, it would hurt sales from buyers looking to purchase multiples.

Bandai has the right idea in selling Macross items less than $200US. Only problem for them is that they could earn more if they would just fill the preorder demand.

As much as I love Yamato the cost was too high when compared to the Bandai valks which were fully tampo printed with stand and cost a lot less. Obtaining one was really the only problem while most of us just waited for a sale for the Yamatos. It will be interesting to see what Arcadia plans on doing in the near future but so far it looks like they are following in Yamato's foot steps in pricing. If so - they won't last.

I disagree with this assessment. While Bandai could price things lower, they're selling a product that is based on a far newer property thus there's a higher volume of people to sell too. That makes it easier to set your prices lower. It's an unrealistic expectation that Arcadia should have to compete in price with a market that does not exist for them. Just because our little community here buys everything from every series doesn't mean there's a huge pool of people buying both Mac F plus every other series, that's unique to us. Your view on this matter is skewed and unrealistic. Second, the stand is largely unusable garbage. The new stand Arcadia are including with the VF-1's look far more dynamic/usable (hopefully they hold up well.) Third, we have lots of people on this board alone constantly pointing out that the tampo and paint apps on the Bandai Valks are really shoddy/sloppy as well as the fit on a lot of pieces being off. I have one or two minor fitting issues but the more I look at the toys the more I notice just how terrible the paint has been applied to most of them. They're cheaper dollar wise, but then they also seem to come off as cheaper product-wise as well. My VF-19's, even with my own issues with the ankle design, feel far more solid, sturdy, quality and fit better than any of the renewal Bandai Valk's I own.

I disagree with this assessment. While Bandai could price things lower, they're selling a product that is based on a far newer property thus there's a higher volume of people to sell too. That makes it easier to set your prices lower. It's an unrealistic expectation that Arcadia should have to compete in price with a market that does not exist for them. Just because our little community here buys everything from every series doesn't mean there's a huge pool of people buying both Mac F plus every other series, that's unique to us. Your view on this matter is skewed and unrealistic. Second, the stand is largely unusable garbage. The new stand Arcadia are including with the VF-1's look far more dynamic/usable (hopefully they hold up well.) Third, we have lots of people on this board alone constantly pointing out that the tampo and paint apps on the Bandai Valks are really shoddy/sloppy as well as the fit on a lot of pieces being off. I have one or two minor fitting issues but the more I look at the toys the more I notice just how terrible the paint has been applied to most of them. They're cheaper dollar wise, but then they also seem to come off as cheaper product-wise as well. My VF-19's, even with my own issues with the ankle design, feel far more solid, sturdy, quality and fit better than any of the renewal Bandai Valk's I own.

My friend - You misinterpreted me

Your right! How can a company predict how many units it will sell whether its from frontier or plus?

I was just simply suggesting a safer method to sell a product by fulfilling the demand with a preorder incentive.

This method avoids overstock costs but produces enough units to make as much money for Arcadia from the fans.

I did not specifically state that the YF-19 should be priced like a Bandai Valk, just marked as low as possible to attract multiple purchases from individuals.

In terms of the stand, I was comparing the lack of one from Yamato not Arcadia for the higher price point. Simply stating if Bandai could offer a cheap stand, so can Yamato, especially looking at their asking price.

The tampo has its problems, personally for me I never had a problem with them. Stickers decals however have peeled off my Valks. So I guess the tampo vs stickers will continue to go on around here.

I respect your opinion and take them with consideration but I'm confused if you got me right...Ummmm

So just what points did I make which you considered my views skewed and unrealistic?

Seems like Yamato was charging too little given that they couldn't sustain the business.* Arcadia seems to have picked up on this since their VF-1 prices are considerably higher even considering the inclusion of an over-designed design stand that probably will be less flexible than the simple Bandai stand.** Also, I suspect that Arcadia has access to Yamato's production costs and margins data.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I expect the YF-19 to be really expensive. Probably more than what I'm willing to pay since I have no use for all the extra missiles and extra pilot figure that will be driving the price up. Not to mention the added cost that will be required to ship that huge box.*** I could even live without the fast packs since I don't think it adds to the YF-19 design in any significant way.****

* Over production due to dwindling demand for the same designs repainted endlessly probably didn't help - especially in the case of the VF-1.

** I could never get a good pose out of the launch arm stands.

*** From what I've seen it doesn't look like Arcadia is doing anything to shrink the VF-1 boxes. I could care less about how the item presents in the box.

**** IMO only the fast packs for the VF-1 and the VF-25 add enough visual differences to be worthwhile.

Edited by Matt Random

Second, the stand is largely unusable garbage. The new stand Arcadia are including with the VF-1's look far more dynamic/usable (hopefully they hold up well.)

I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I really don't like the SV-51 stand that Arcadia is including in their VF-1 release. It's not as dynamic as one might want it to be since you can only really angle it in one direction (up and down, albeit at different heights). It's also far too large in comparison to the VF-1.

I'm also probably one of the few here that really dislikes the launch arm stand that Yamato used to sell. Sure, it's heavy and has diecast, but the joints aren't rock solid and have some give, even though they're ratcheted. Also, the way the arms angle around is very awkward in my opinion, and the base is too small, so it's hard to find a stable angle when positioning the valk. Add to the fact that the connection point for the stands on some Yamato valks are awkward already when in fighter mode since they do not balance the valk properly.

Maybe what I'm trying to say is that although a lot of people think the Bandai stands are ugly and whatnot, I think they do what they are advertised to do. I've found that the Yamato stands disappoint me from the get go since it appears that they'll allow for more dynamic angles, but that wasn't what my experience was.

Seems like Yamato was charging too little given that they couldn't sustain the business.* Arcadia seems to have picked up on this since their VF-1 prices are considerably higher even considering the inclusion of an over-designed design stand that probably will be less flexible than the simple Bandai stand.** Also, I suspect that Arcadia has access to Yamato's production costs and margins data.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I expect the YF-19 to be really expensive. Probably more than what I'm willing to pay since I have no use for all the extra missiles and extra pilot figure that will be driving the price up. Not to mention the added cost that will be required to ship that huge box.*** I could even live without the fast packs since I don't think it adds to the YF-19 design in any significant way.****

* Over production due to dwindling demand for the same designs repainted endlessly probably didn't help - especially in the case of the VF-1.

** I could never get a good pose out of the launch arm stands.

*** From what I've seen it doesn't look like Arcadia is doing anything to shrink the VF-1 boxes. I could care less about how the item presents in the box.

**** IMO only the fast packs for the VF-1 and the VF-25 add enough visual differences to be worthwhile.

My thoughts exactly. Having extra missiles and FAST packs are cool, but not when it drives up the price. Added to that is the fact that a toy that large in box that large, is sure to be taxed to kingdom come.

Depending on how much I've managed to save up when it's released as well as how much it's priced, I might just buy it. But odds are, I'll be sticking with my Yammie V2 YF-19.