So what are you willing to pay for Arcadia YF-19?

1/1 LowViz Lurker

you are forgetting that the original roy was released in 2008 whereas the vf-19 was just last year, so inflation probably has something to do with those numbers. i think the reissue vf-1s was more than 9800 the least time they released it. Also, i think percentages are irrelevant. What is relevant is "what is the targeted consumer willing to pay"? For me, 37400 yen is a F*CK NO, unless the yen starts to plummet.

The stand alone VF-1's were always 9,800 yen MSRP even the last few releases with option parts. Fast pack bundled versions were always 12,800 yen. The VT-1 was 15,800 yen and the VE-1 was 16,800 yen.

20,000 yen is my maximum for this (without shipping).

If they seriously want to stay in business and compete with Bandai that is

Dude wat?

The VF-19's were all over 200$, and they didn't include fast packs.

This new mold has additional parts. It's going to be no less than 250$

Permitting a miracle.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i don't think it's realistic to expect it to be 20000yen, if the vf-1 is 170ish,

it's not going to be cheaper than the vf-19f or 17d (non clearance prices) + you have to price in the fast packs.

i just hope it may be under 300 at least for pre-orders...

Dude wat?

The VF-19's were all over 200$, and they didn't include fast packs.

This new mold has additional parts. It's going to be no less than 250$

Permitting a miracle.

I agree. Considering that this is a new mold and assuming Arcadia will use the same material quality that the vf-19s, we have to set a ground of around $230 (same as the new vf-19s) Add fast packs and the additional parts and missiles, I'll say between $250 and $300.

Though, I really hope I'm wrong

I expect them to sell it from about U$S 220 MAX. Even with all the tech involved, the problem with Yamato was not that the Valkyries "were cheap", but that they were expensive, and not selling in the needed quantities.

The last Yamato Valkyries were an exception. And, if you look at the cost of the VF-1, adding U$S 60 to a VF-19, it´s not far from a reasonable price.

If they charge too much, and they sell the "toys" only to ultra fanatics (like us), they´re going bankrupt just like Yamato.

OR (and that´s a big "or") they start putting all sorts of electronic gizmos in the valkyries, to put the price up to whatever they want.

• 2 weeks later...

Not paying a cent more than what I paid for the YF-19, which was around 20,000 yen. I know the prices of Yamato's VF-19 were way higher than that, but it's just a personal threshold I gave myself.

Frankly, I'm quite satistifed with my V2 YF-19 and YF-19 DN. They're not perfect, but they're good enough that I'm not determined to spend a huge amount for an improved version.

@ 1/1 LowViz Lurker:

Duly noted. Like I said, they're not exactly perfect, but I'm willing to live with those flaws, as they're acceptable to me.

Frankly, the gullet doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would before I bought the V2. In fact, I don't even care if the chest doesn't lock; it stays in place well enough as long as I don't move the fig around too much. I treat my Valks as display pieces anyway, and rarely handle them.

If there's one reason I'd buy the Arcadia YF-19, it'd be for the more proportionate battroid mode. That, and the missile gimmick.

It's a 2014 release---with a new mold, Arcadia having to make a profit, all the missiles and stuff, plus a stand if they include one, I'm willing to bet this will easily cost between 35000-40000 yen. On the low end. Call me crazy, but I see it happening. I pretty much nailed the SDF-1 and VF-4 cost so we'll have to see. :ph34r:

wish list is 200$...

realistic number base on the vf-1s is double that 300 - 400$. If they do a second run in 2015 and this gets good reviews, I might be able to put all my money aside for that one... probably they wont do it though.

If it is above 400$, I am out forever, and will just enjoy my vf-17.

I'll say it again: it won't cost less than a VF-17D with fast packs, and the VF-17D costs U$S300.

It's a new mold from a popular valk that is going to have a big demand. No way is Arcadia going to charge less than a Yamato VF-19F/S/P. Arcadia knows fans want this valk so they can charge more. The demand is there and they're in it for the money.

It's going to be near the VF-4G territory.

I never cared for the VF-4 mainly because I never saw it in action. Now the YF-19 on the other hand. Yeah, I will have this and I will not be selling my Ver. 1. I may just keep that in fighter mode. So my wallet will be ready for the money worm hole that will appear from Arcadia to suck all my cash out of it.

I'll say it again: it won't cost less than a VF-17D with fast packs, and the VF-17D costs U$S300.

It's a new mold from a popular valk that is going to have a big demand. No way is Arcadia going to charge less than a Yamato VF-19F/S/P. Arcadia knows fans want this valk so they can charge more. The demand is there and they're in it for the money.

It's going to be near the VF-4G territory.

Yup, as many have already said, 30,000 yen's fair. 35,000 yen's acceptable, but 40,000 yen's pushing it.

Though, to be dreadfully honest, in the end, I'll buy one regardless of price... Seeing the older Yamatos shoot up in value has not been reassuring in the slightest.

Guest davidwhangchoi

how many ways can we repeatedly debate 4 numbers for a whole year? 20000(yen) no, 28000 early bird maybe, 30000 likely above, 40000 no.

if the yen gets really strong by 2014, we could be paying 400+/- shipped in our own currency...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

how many ways can we repeatedly debate 4 numbers for a whole year? 20000(yen) no, 28000 early bird maybe, 30000 likely above, 40000 no.

if the yen gets really strong by 2014, we could be paying 400+/- shipped in our own currency...

Well...you just introduced the "yen vs. dollar" debate......now we can add that to the whole MSRP debate!!! :rolleyes: