Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

8 minutes ago, max928 said:

late to the party buddies, is there only one version of the milia to preorder (i.e., standard version comes with tampo?), or will there be a premium version down the line?

Yeah, only one version right now for Milia. The standard version does have markings, but not as many as the premium finish version. No official word yet on whether Arcadia will release a premium finish version.

• 3 weeks later...

Odd question, but are there replaceable screws for the original ones used in this valk (any other 1/60 VF-1)? I took mine apart recently to apply decals and to panel line, but misplaced the screws I kept in a ziploc whilst moving.

Any help or point the right direction would be appreciated. Thank you.

On 5/16/2017 at 9:52 PM, MAC-X said:

Maybe they found a forgotten cache in their warehouse, just like HLJ did :)

The non-premium Strike Roy has been going in and out of stock with great regularity on HLJ over the last 6 months.  I think Arcadia is still shipping product in bunches here and there.  

PO for the Roy premium finish opened up again very briefly on HLJ so I went ahead and ordered one. More than I really want to pay for any VF-1 but I must have Roy's premium version over Hikaru's! 

I'm thinking of selling the two regular versions I already have to fund this purchase... 

3 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

yeah figinstock is your friend, I love that site :D

Yeah. I love FigInStock too. ^_^ Especially now to the point that I want to throw my phone whenever I see FIS notification in the morning when I wake up, only to see the item is sold out once again. And blame the stores afterwards since they're updating their site while I'm asleep. Hahaha!  :lol:

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, F360 said:

I almost bought this at like 3am :lol:

Thankfully I resisted until it went OOS again!

11 minutes ago, yman1437 said:

Received the Roy premium version from NY. Apart from the bubble wrapped box , there's hardly any packing at all! When the box arrived, it was pretty beat up. 

For USD300 toy , can they protect it better?

Which box you're referring that was beat up? The shipping box or the item box? 

From what I know with Nippon-Yasan, they bubble wrap the item box and throw in some newspaper in there to fill the shipper box spaces for support and cushion. Kinda the same with AmiAmi, though AmiAmi uses more thicker box than Nippon-Yasan and uses plain paper than newspaper.

Rule of thumb here is that don't expect 'mint' box esp from these shops. HLJ included. They don't care about the boxes. What their main concern is, if the item inside is intact, no damage, then for them box is just box. But once the content inside is damage thru shipping then they might help you with store credits or replacements. That depends. Besides, they will not protect it just because it is a $300 toy. They will treat it the same thing as they treat small boxed toys. For them, it's just all the same.

So if you're buying a $300 toy, better use EMS or above to cover insurance too.

This is based on my experience and from people who receives dinged box corners, etc.

55 minutes ago, yman1437 said:

Received the Roy premium version from NY. Apart from the bubble wrapped box , there's hardly any packing at all! When the box arrived, it was pretty beat up. 

For USD300 toy , can they protect it better?

It also depends on your shipping , if yours is eco sal register or air they are under 90cm total size restrictions, so N-Y will have to do a Super custom box for you or else you will need to upgrade to ems.

It's the outer box that's damaged. It looks like the actual box is OK. NY's boxes always tend to be on the flimsy side, but they can protect the item, even the toy box a little better. I know to them a $300 toy is the same as a $30 one, but to me they are not :p

I've never received any toy packaging damaged from NY and I'll still buy from them but for everyone else YMMV.  In my experience, NY uses bubble wrap, Amiami uses paper, and HLJ sometimes shrinkwraps the item and puts like one airbag.

So, while I wouldn't expect them to actually change anything, I'm still slightly disappointed that there's never been a fix for the tail bend those packs cause.

Have to recommend everyone protect their left tail with something, whether it's clear coating, future, scotch tape, whatever... those back antennas will wreck the paint on that tail unless something is done.

5 hours ago, yman1437 said:

Yes it did. But it could have been disaster... maybe I was venting a bit . Here are couple pictures

1500507960626339356988.jpg

1500508043043-2090764731.jpg

Oh, so you did use SAL. I suggest that next time you buy a Valkyrie worth $300, use EMS since SAL's insurance if you did use Registered SAL is just Y6000. That's only 1/5th of the amount you paid. Atleast with EMS, it's Y20000. Just sharing. 

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

So, while I wouldn't expect them to actually change anything, I'm still slightly disappointed that there's never been a fix for the tail bend those packs cause.

Have to recommend everyone protect their left tail with something, whether it's clear coating, future, scotch tape, whatever... those back antennas will wreck the paint on that tail unless something is done.

Or you could sand the antennae a little bit, if you're not too picky, just to the point that it will give you clearance when the tail wings are folded. I'm actually planning on doing that when I start decaling my VF-1's. 

Edited by no3Ljm