Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

3 hours ago, anubis20 said:

I asked a Japanese friend on twitter what the description said and this is what he said "Hi, it's all marking are pre-printed, you don't need to put stickers on it!" 

So...no need to put all those "no step","no step","no step","no step","no step" stickers on the flight? :lol::lol::lol:

39 minutes ago, MAC-X said:

Has NY ever done Arcadia's website special P.O before? 

Not that I recall. One way to pay for the premium version will be through a proxy service, although that method has additional fees. 

I was thinking of using From Japan, if Arcadia's base price wasn't too crazy.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

I'll pay a premium if the special version has as much printing on it as the model kit above.

How will we know for sure at preorder-time  how much tampo will be on the final version? Yamato product pictures almost always had all possible stickers tampoed on.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

REGULAR VERSION : 21800 yen http://www.taghobby.com/?p=160410

Premium Finish Version: 27864 yen http://www.taghobby.com/?p=161068

The cost of tampoing? 6064 yen

Worth it? What are the actual premium finish version promo pics arcadia???? From taghobby's site links above, they seem the same!!:angry:

6000+ yen for some additional tampoing? I rather put on the stickers myself. 

You'd think they at least point out the differences between the two in those photos. :rolleyes:

YAWN to another repaint/reissue. Dunno how Arcadia stayed afloat with nothing new in 2016.

18 hours ago, recon said:

The thing is that the premium ver may command a premium price and limited quantities. But if its anything like the hasegawa decaled up ver im in for one

17 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I'll pay a premium if the special version has as much printing on it as the model kit above.

Me too. ;) 

15 hours ago, seti88 said:

Noel, now you got me thinking abt getting the 1/48 Hase kit instead! :p

And up to now, I'm still contemplating on getting one. I still need something like an ultimate Hikaru Valk. But the downside of that 1/48 is that once you have it in your hands, and build it like that, you still wish that you have something that transforms too. So if the 1/60 Hikaru Premium ends up like that, I'm all for it. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, UN Spacy said:

You'd think they at least point out the differences between the two in those photos. :rolleyes:

YAWN to another repaint/reissue. Dunno how Arcadia stayed afloat with nothing new in 2016.

Probably they still have budget from the last VF-0S earnings. :rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, erizai said:

Good luck to those hunting one with tampons. I will just stick to normal. Too expensive for a repeated merchandise. 

But you have to admit for a 8 year old mold toy? People are still going to buy it for sure. Me included. ^_^

Arcadia and needs to link up with whatever company does the tampo and panel lining for he excellent 1/144 Tomytec VF-1 kits. Those are the absolute pinnacle of sharp detail work IMHO.  If Arcadia could blow me away like those kits do, I'd pay their "premium finish" price....probably.

Easy pass. Work harder to fetch that price, Arcadia. I have every copy from Yamato, but none from Arcadia. What came out from Arcadia are basically re-issues of Yamato without any improvements or extras except a hue or purple.

I'll consider it as premium version if Arcadia throws in a service ground crew with assorted utility vehicles, but that's just me.

Yeah I agree. A lazy attempt to fetch a premium price. 

Seriously as shitty as this is I can see why Arcadia is doing this. Their bare vf-1s releases are demanding prices of over 30 000 yen for some frickin reason. If people are willing to pay that for the bare valks, I'm sure the same people will pay the price for the premium version. I won't be one of them. I don't know why Arcadia is chasing a lot of customers away into the arms of bandai.

Economies of scale for one, and we don't know their licensing agreement for another but I'm guessing they're paying a much bigger cut for each release to BW or something and that's why they're being very slow with the releases and only targeting the most popular. If we all know that everyone wants Max & Miria or one of the other releases, I'm sure Arcadia does too so there must be something causing their hesitation. This is also like the weathering versions Yamato used to do. They would allocate like 300 of production for the special treatment and make a little more margin off them. I'm sure they'll make 'special versions' to order and just think of it as a nice option for the diehards.

14 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

Any idea on the chances of grabbing one of these off the shelves at retail? Will be in Tokyo next week.

release date for Hikaru is in April...unless youre talking about the Roy version which has already came out