Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

As far as box design goes, the anniversary one honestly tops them all, since despite the fugly paintscheme, it still was the only actual art we've gotten.

I did always appreciate how the M&M boxes actually make a single image if you place them side by side. I think it works with multiple faces of the box, even.

I think the only major release I still don't have is a Max 1S, but I'm likely going to sell my Arcadia releases, so I'd rather have the old Yamato DYRL plastic color. I'm still looking for a Max DYRL 1A to do some part swapping with though, missed a sale here just barely.

agreed! I do also like the ones which show all three modes on the front of the box. The VF-1J assembly kit box art looks cool!

Yeah, I don't think you can get TV Kakizaki with a clear canopy and you can't get TV Roy with a rainbow canopy. Hikaru's 1j and Max's 1A can be had in late or new styles.

I'm pretty sure at least one of my TV Kakizakis has a clear canopy. They're a lot harder to find, but they're out there.

I'm pretty sure at least one of my TV Kakizakis has a clear canopy. They're a lot harder to find, but they're out there.

I would double-check that... it'd make sense that Yamato would have reissued them after they made the change to avoid this dilemma, allowing everyone to upgrade there team to later editions, but it seems hard to believe they put more Kakizakis on the market with how slow it moved.

Edited by jenius

My only TV VF-1A Kakizaki has clear canopy too.

Well that solves it then, there was a reissue of Kakizaki with clear canopy and updated crotch (presumably) and the TV 1S is the only odd man out not available in both flavors.

Yup! Checked my two Kakazaki (don't ask) and one of them has clear canopy and updated crotch mechanism.

So after having had ample time to "play" with my new Arcadia VF-1S Strike Roy edition I gotta say I am very very pleased.

I can agree on what others have mentioned that it's missing the "heft" or weight you would expect from a premium product but aside from that I have to say it is MILES ahead of an original V1 Yamato release. I know this is common knowledge for most here but for me as a newcomer to V2s and their rerelease by Arcadia, its a welcome change.

If anyone is on the fence to get this one I'd say it's very good and worth it. I saw Jenius' review on his YT channel and already knew what to expect but it was still nice to have in hand and have a play about.
I'm going to be hunting for a set of water slide decals (assuming they exist) as I'm not a fan of the sticker sheet that came with it for the markings. I'd prefer to use something more permanent and longer lasting if possible.

I'm going to be hunting for a set of water slide decals (assuming they exist) as I'm not a fan of the sticker sheet that came with it for the markings. I'd prefer to use something more permanent and longer lasting if possible.

Yup, they do exist. You can search eBay for some. I've seen some actual replica of the water slide decal on eBay before.

Yup, they do exist. You can search eBay for some. I've seen some actual replica of the water slide decal on eBay before.

I had a look, I see many but none have the jolly roger on the black circle. All I see have the transparent one only which is a bit of a letdown. I'll have to keep looking to see if I can find it.

EDIT.. So finding one that has decals that are the black circles with the jolly roger on it in white already seems to be impossible. I am finding waterslides with the black circles only and I can find waterslides of the transparent white jolly roger, so looks like I might need to do some waterslide inceptions haha... not a fan but if I can get it right it will be a much more solid option than using the stickers.

Edited by ayaxr

• 2 weeks later...

Should I expect them to come back in stock at AmiAmi? They seem to have the best price but are back ordered.

I've found it but for 8-10,000 yen higher elsewhere

Wondering if I should just wait?

8000-10000 yen higher than AmiAmi? That's too much. Nippon-Yasan has it for Y4400 more than AmiAmi. It's hard to rely on that backorder title from AmiAmi since that one has been released last November only. You can try and email AmiAmi if you want. But if you can't wait, I rather get the one from Nippon-Yasan since it's not Y10000 more like you mentioned.

Finally had a chance to open mine from NY, came out to $207 shipped!

Unfortunately the backpack flap piece behind the small thrusters was loose out of the box, one of the hinge cup pieces snapped off but I can glue it back in later, it's not really visible anyway.

All of the super parts fit really nicely, and it stands up straight with minor leg positioning. Great purchase.

15350465 375297702820285 8258504128039551818 N

15268058 375297699486952 2703845057118868294 N

Edited by grymg

Finally had a chance to open mine from NY, came out to $207 shipped!

Unfortunately the backpack flap piece behind the small thrusters was loose out of the box, one of the hinge cup pieces snapped off but I can glue it back in later, it's not really visible anyway.
All of the super parts fit really nicely, and it stands up straight with minor leg positioning. Great purchase.

Are you referring to this 'hinge cap'? Photo from anymoon.com.

Arcadia-1S-Focker-7.jpg

Great price!

Glad its in stock again for anyone that missed out. The prices from resellers were getting pretty high. I bought mine at a bit of premium (though nothing compared to what I saw in the last weeks) as I was afraid of missing out and wasn't sure if there was gonna be a reissue.

Edited by ayaxr

Yes, the right one was broken after first touch.

Yup, I had the exact same break on the first day of getting it. After many super glue attempts (and re-breaks), I ended up sanding it down a little bit and using Loctite Gel Control super glue. It has been fine ever since.

I'm not saying this is definitely the best approach, just what worked for me. It also seems like the peg on the flap that goes into the "hinge cap" was a tad too big, so sanding that down a little bit helped a lot (I think that is what caused the break in the first place). Your situation might be different, of course.

Edited by HardlyNever