Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

I found the VF-4G to be the easiest to transform so far...Part of what makes the VF-1 seem easy I think is we've all been transforming versions of it most our lives. When I got my first 1/60 VF-1, I was able to most but had to refer to the manual and video a few times to make sure I did it right and didn't break anything. VF-4G was easy with no instructions or prior knowledge of anything about it.

I do agree with you that our familiarity with various versions of the VF-1 over the years tends to make transforming the V2 easier for the first time.

At this point though I have had plenty of practice with all of the valks in my collection and find the V2 to be the easiest to transform and pose out of all of them. I'd put the Frontier (25, 27, and 29) and 0 valks as a close second, which I guess makes sense since their transformation is very similar. The most difficult for me is the 21/22, especially getting everything properly aligned when putting back into fighter. For me, I'd say the VF-4G is somewhere in the middle.

Edited by Boobytrap

Yeah, the VF1 is definitely pretty easy but it's a few of those tight spots that terrify me when I don't remember exactly how to move them. The 4G just seems to go together and come apart easily with not much that can go wrong. Only tough part is figuring which way the folding arms go. I don't have anything else except the 0S, which I think is the best made Valk I own...Pretty easy to transform and very solid all around.

So I need to jump on this boat. But I'm torn between buying this in the next couple of days or getting a VF-25F Renewal (more expensive).

My dilemma would be that if I go for the VF-25 I need to kind of restrict myself for a few months after that before I could come back to this Arcadia VF-1S and actually buy it. I'm afraid that when the time comes it will be out of stock by then (I buy from HLJ) and the prices will skyrocket on the aftermarket.

As of now the VF-25F Renewal pricing is pretty stable ($275-300) and there seem to be a lot of them on the market, maybe the better option would be to spring for the Arcadia now? Thoughts? I have no clue how the market behaves for the arcadia toys.

I will add that I do not currently have either a 1/60 VF-25 or a 1/60 VF-1S. I love the VF-25 a lot but the VF-1S is the grand daddy and with Strike parts its just great making it a tough choice.

So I need to jump on this boat. But I'm torn between buying this in the next couple of days or getting a VF-25F Renewal (more expensive).

My dilemma would be that if I go for the VF-25 I need to kind of restrict myself for a few months after that before I could come back to this Arcadia VF-1S and actually buy it. I'm afraid that when the time comes it will be out of stock by then (I buy from HLJ) and the prices will skyrocket on the aftermarket.

As of now the VF-25F Renewal pricing is pretty stable ($275-300) and there seem to be a lot of them on the market, maybe the better option would be to spring for the Arcadia now? Thoughts? I have no clue how the market behaves for the arcadia toys.

I will add that I do not currently have either a 1/60 VF-25 or a 1/60 VF-1S. I love the VF-25 a lot but the VF-1S is the grand daddy and with Strike parts its just great making it a tough choice.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=44230

You might want to check here for a VF-25F Renewal. Spanner has one for $160.00 shipped! B))

If you want a renewal VF-25F buy spanner's one. For that price you quoted, buying his might leave some money to cover a chunk of payment for the VF-1S. Who knows? It might go on sale if you're lucky.

Edit: 505th ^ already mentioned spanner's one.

Edited by wmkjr

Ok. Here's a question. How bad you really need both Valks? And in what condition? Are you going on the brand new / mint in sealed box type of thing? Or a used one is not an issue at all? Regarding how the market behaves for Arcadia toys, it's really hard to tell. But assuming that price will go up is always the right way to go. But so far, here's what I noticed between Arcadia and Bandai. For Bandai DX, if you didn't made it on the preorder night, you'll end up paying more once it showed up thru auction and second hand markets. But for Arcadia, once it gets released, it's stay in retail price for a good couple of months. Now, if you don't mind owning a used DX VF-25F, you can browse Yahoo Japan Auction, Jungle, Mandarake, or eBay. Or you can just simply pm Spanner since he's selling one in the For Sale thread for $160 shipped. That's below your estimated $275-300. Imagine, you will save $140 by buying the used one and all you need to add is $100 more so you can buy the VF-1S brand new. ^_^

Edit: ^ And they already mentioned it while I'm composing this novel. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

I was looking for new, had never considered really the option of buying used... but I dont really have a problem with it so long as the joints aren't loose and the valk looks pristine. Let me check his thread cause that would be a considerable price drop.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I was looking for new, had never considered really the option of buying used... but I dont really have a problem with it so long as the joints aren't loose and the valk looks pristine. Let me check his thread cause that would be a considerable price drop.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Anytime! Good luck on getting the VF-25F. B))

Received the open box 1S from Amiami. Still looks brand new and everything. Just missing the gunpod as stated on the website. Luckily I have a spare.

Great price for a 1S with strike parts. :)

Yeah ,AmiAmi's grading system on their preowned is among the top.

• 2 weeks later...

Bah. My preordered Roy was supposed to ship today, but instead, Nippon Yasan contacts me saying that it's been delayed to November 30th. Seems a little shady that I'm getting an email from them literally the day they said it would ship. I don't have a lot of familiarity with either Arcadia's production runs or NY's trustworthiness as a retailer. Should I be concerned that this transaction isn't going to come through? NY already has my money.

Edited by shogun221

I got the same delayed message from NY but I don't care because I won't pay for mine until it's ready to ship and they ask me to pay. Either way, I have my gripes about NY but I've never been concerned about not getting something I ordered from them, especially if I already paid for it.

I got the same delayed message from NY but I don't care because I won't pay for mine until it's ready to ship and they ask me to pay. Either way, I have my gripes about NY but I've never been concerned about not getting something I ordered from them, especially if I already paid for it.

Huh. Was the "pay later" something you had to opt into? They took my $200 almost as soon as it was ordered.

Huh. Was the "pay later" something you had to opt into? They took my $200 almost as soon as it was ordered.

Depends on if this item is allowed for pay later. you normally see it on the item page on top of the price. "pay later for this product is available"

When you place that order ,at the last step payment (5) you will see on the left is "paypal" and on the right is "Pay later" choose what you want.

All this also depends on when you placed the preorder too. If you place the order within 2 week of the original eta release date, N-Y will require instant payment.

The only items I've seen that require instant payment are exclusive items like any of the Tamashii exclusives. Everything else I've bought from NY gives you the option to pay once the item is in stock.

Anime Export requires instant payment on everything, which is why I avoid buying things from them other than in stock items.

So guys, thanks for the help. I was able to get Spanner's VF-25F Renewal which means I had enough left to jump on the Arcadia train with this release.

Very happy to have both in the mail and not having to choose over one or the other.

I'm ashamed to say the only 1/60 VF-1 I had many moons ago was a V1 Yamato that was lost during a move... but I was never really impressed with it, it was just more of "well this is whats available". So I'm very impatient to see just how much better this VF-1S will perform, seen reviews of it but you just can't help but wonder how it feels in hand. Fair to say it will be much better and a worthy addition I think.

Edited by ayaxr

So guys, thanks for the help. I was able to get Spanner's VF-25F Renewal which means I had enough left to jump on the Arcadia train with this release.

Very happy to have both in the mail and not having to choose over one or the other.

I'm ashamed to say the only 1/60 VF-1 I had many moons ago was a V1 Yamato that was lost during a move... but I was never really impressed with it, it was just more of "well this is whats available". So I'm very impatient to see just how much better this VF-1S will perform, seen reviews of it but you just can't help but wonder how it feels in hand. Fair to say it will be much better and a worthy addition I think.

Congrats on the VF-25F!

As for Arcadia's latest VF-1S, you need to get it cause its too awesome lol :D

Good catches. it got hard to track those weathering boxes. I'll update before the content goes up.
Edit - weathering Hikaru is on there just after Miria. Max is missing though for sure, should be before the VT1.

Edited by jenius

From photos I've seen of the VF-1S Max weather's box, it's the same as the regular. I don't believe the weather came with a sticker like the other weathered figures did. However the contents of the package for the Max weather is similar to the others as it is wrapped in an extra plastic with a white paper slip.

Haha ive spent hundreds because of jenius's reviews

Id say thousands. He also sold me my first valk. His reviews are awesome and get me hyped to get stuff i dont own.

Edited by Mr Bomber

Thanks everybody, glad I could help (or sorry for crippling your finances!). I just updated my 'pictures wanted' thread to ask for more pictures of that weathering max VF-1S or if anyone could confirm that the only difference is that yellow BW sticker. So, if anyone reading this does have a Max weathering VF-1S, please give it a look and help me out. Thanks!