Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

Thanks for the kind welcome!

Yeah, I'm very excited about it and I can only hope Hikaru gets some sort of reissue at all. His prices are insane in the aftermarket.

Agreed with the prices. I got super lucky last year, a MW member had Hikaru's 1S & FP set for dirt cheap, no box but had all the parts. But those deals are rare.

I'd really like to see Max's 1S reissued, I missed out on that one. There are none even on Ebay right now, not that I would pay $1,000.00 for one anyways! :lol:

Honestly, for the cost? Might be easier picking up a vintage broken shoulder Focker 1S, a Max 1A, then perform a little part swapping surgery. Might actually wind up cheaper if you can get a good deal on the Focker. Still need to replace the arrows on the head with blue ones, but that's a pretty minor detail.

If I can find a good deal on another Max 1A, I might do that myself.

Edited by Chronocidal

The Max 1S is still available at jungle (2 of them!)

http://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/?page_id=116&do=detail&id=199000001662

there's also a Max 1S weathering for significantly more money too, but I don't like the heavy-handed weathering (even though I own a weathering Max 1A).

http://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/?page_id=121&id=1550520

Just now got an email from NY saying the package is bigger than expected so they're asking for additional shipping fees. This ever happen to anyone else? I paid for EMS Express.

It was ¥800. Annoying, but I paid it. This better not happen again.

Edited by Sildani

Just now got an email from NY saying the package is bigger than expected so they're asking for additional shipping fees. This ever happen to anyone else? I paid for EMS Express.

Yup happend to me with my gundam order. Id avoid them

I was just thinking earlier, it's been since the original run of the VF-4 came out that I had last bought a Yamato/Arcadia item......I remember way way back in 2005 when I got my first 1/48 VF-1 and I was so excited cause the size was just awesome and the detail was so nice back then. I think I kept buying them whenever I could but back then I think the 1/48's were like 150 bucks. Now what? We can't even get a 1/60 for less than 200? Kind of a bummer....I still got at least Hikaru's VF-1J, Max and Kakizaki TV variants. I believe even Hikaru's VF-1A. Rest went away and I remember their shoulder hinges disintegrating. I rather miss these things but god they're just so out of my price range it's not even funny.

This been happening with Nippon-Yasan orders a lot recently. But perhaps this time on the EMS increase was more due to the increase in the actual EMS pricing after June 1st.

Just checked their website and they increased the price on all the shipping options too along with the price of the VF-1S to 23500 yen

post-2743-0-28742200-1472439559_thumb.jpg

Jenius: It's has more to do with when it's such an important occasion and so much money involved, it needs to be perfect. Also, the difference in paint apps are barely noticeable, but the DYRL? style pilot figure is the real deal breaker.

Anybody know if the FPs are the same color as Yamato's?

There's a big chance that the colors will be the same. I'll let you know once mine came in. ;) Though it looks like all the missiles are using the same white as the Valk. Now I need to wait for Hikaru reissues to replace my sets. :lol:

Some new photos from Twitter.

CrBwzwWVYAAVKsv.jpg

CrBw0zKVIAAbYKi.jpg

CrBw4S8VUAMX7vY.jpg

Jenius: It's has more to do with when it's such an important occasion and so much money involved, it needs to be perfect. Also, the difference in paint apps are barely noticeable, but the DYRL? style pilot figure is the real deal breaker.

So the one you need is the TV Super VF-1S with Hikaru, correct?

Edited by no3Ljm

Hi - first post here but have been lurking for a while and really appreciate all the info on this site (although my Wife and wallet would disagree).

Just got my payment request and paid HLJ on Friday afternoon and my VF-1S was already at customs in Chicago as of yesterday. I should have it in hand tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

This will be my first 1/60 and look forward to seeing one in person. I'm mostly focusing on the Hi-Metal-R line (have the VF-1S Roy and Hikaru with the VF-1J Hikaru and Max on order) and have the Yamato 1/48 VF-1J Stealth but couldn't pass on an opportunity to pick up a V2 1/60 VF-1S. I've owned many versions going back to the eighties - the old super deformed Matchbox version, the Bandai 1/55 from the early '90's, the Toynami Masterpiece and can't wait to own what's considered the best yet.

Edited by Crossbones72

Hi - first post here but have been lurking for a while and really appreciate all the info on this site (although my Wife and wallet would disagree).

Just got my payment request and paid HLJ on Friday afternoon and my VF-1S was already at customs in Chicago as of yesterday. I should have it in hand tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

This will be my first 1/60 and look forward to seeing one in person. I'm mostly focusing on the Hi-Metal-R line (have the VF-1S Roy and Hikaru with the VF-1J Hikaru and Max on order) and have the Yamato 1/48 VF-1J Stealth but couldn't pass on an opportunity to pick up a V2 1/60 VF-1S. I've owned many versions going back to the eighties - the old super deformed Matchbox version, the Bandai 1/55 from the early '90's, the Toynami Masterpiece and can't wait to own what's considered the best yet.

Welcome to the boards and to the rabbit hole known as macross. Everyone should own at least one 1/60 VF-1 2.0 and you picked a great one to own.

Edited by SuperHobo

Welcome to the boards and to the rabbit hole known as macross. Everyone should own at least one 1/60 VF-1 2.0 and you picked a great one to own.

forgot money pit! XD

glad to have you join us Crossbones, welcome to the boards.