Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

I was thinking of doing the same thing but my impatience won out over saving a few bucks. Paid $37.50 to have it shipped. I figured even if the exchange rate improved to it's best point over the last few years it would have cost about $30.70. No way I'm waiting up to 60 days just to save, at most, $7. :)

Paid over 4000 yen for ems shipping. This will be my first arcadia figure. I want a Hikaru VF-1J and I will be set :D

after that, I will never pay this much for a figure again (except for the soul of chogokin Voltron/Golion)

Bbrain is selling his Hikaru VF-1J on the F/S Thread. Just FYI.

Are the Arcadia Valks really light years ahead of the hi-metal Valks in terms of engineering and plastic quality? I'm quite impressed by the Hi-metals. Looking forward to the VF-1A coming out in September

Are the Arcadia Valks hefty?

Yamato/Arcadia V2 1/60 is the best to date.

The Arcadia valks are mostly plastic so if you're looking for the heft of a metal toy you won't find that. They are definitely big improvements over the Hi-Metal toys in that they have integrated landing gear and heat shield which is a big deal. They also have superb manufacturing tolerances.

Thanks again Jenius and Vi-RS. Glad I made this purchase. I want to make this Valk the holy grail of my SDF-1 collection. When hobbysearch requested payment, I freaked out at the EMS cost. I'm happy I caved because I knew in my mind that it would be now or never to own this toy.

I might get the VF-1J if Arcadia reissues it. MIGHT lol

Add me to the list of "first true macross" toy I'll ever own.

Amiami requested payment and zero hesitation from my part. Done.

Any chance Hikaru's will get the same treatment?

Congrats & welcome to the club! Guaranteed this will not be your last 1/60 V.2 Valkyrie purchase.

As for a Hikaru 1A & 1S, one can only hope! B))

Paid over 4000 yen for ems shipping. This will be my first arcadia figure. I want a Hikaru VF-1J and I will be set :D

after that, I will never pay this much for a figure again (except for the soul of chogokin Voltron/Golion)

Any reputable shops still taking preorders on the GX-71?

Thanks again Jenius and Vi-RS. Glad I made this purchase. I want to make this Valk the holy grail of my SDF-1 collection. When hobbysearch requested payment, I freaked out at the EMS cost. I'm happy I caved because I knew in my mind that it would be now or never to own this toy.

I might get the VF-1J if Arcadia reissues it. MIGHT lol

You know what? The first time I bought my Yamato 1/60 Hikaru VF-1S & VF-1A, I told myself that this will be my ultimate Valkyrie collection in terms of size and perfect transformation. But the moment I held it in my hand and seeing that it's really really great, I was fixed on checking other variants to the point that I was checking the DX Renewals as well. 4.5 years later from that Hikaru purchases, I already lost count. I know I probably have more than 10. But that's already a lot to me compared to the guys here. Holy Grail, you say? Once this thing gets to your door step, you will wish that you should've started 5 or 6 years ago.

Sometimes I just wonder the same thing. I should've started 6 years ago. And all I can do is scratch my head. :lol:

Edit: I counted my Valks minutes after posting this. And I realized that I already lose count. It's not more than 10 anymore. It's more than 20. And fyi, that's already a mix of Yamato/Arcadia 1/60's and Bandai DX's. Hahaha! :lol:

Edited by no3Ljm

You know what? The first time I bought my Yamato 1/60 Hikaru VF-1S & VF-1A, I told myself that this will be my ultimate Valkyrie collection in terms of size and perfect transformation. But the moment I held it in my hand and seeing that it's really really great, I was fixed on checking other variants to the point that I was checking the DX Renewals as well. 4.5 years later from that Hikaru purchases, I already lost count. I know I probably have more than 10. But that's already a lot to me compared to the guys here. Holy Grail, you say? Once this thing gets to your door step, you will wish that you should've started 5 or 6 years ago.

Sometimes I just wonder the same thing. I should've started 6 years ago. And all I can do is scratch my head. :lol:

Pretty much the same. :p

I have the old old old Yamato vf-1s v1 from back in 2001 or 2002, along with 3 of the Low-Vis Valks. This is my first yamato/arcadia since then. I figure the VF-1S strike/super is the ultimate vf-1s, so I feel comfortable stopping here for arcadia vf-1's. Everything else i'll pick up in Hi-Metal. Arcadia too pricey.

Are the Arcadia Valks really light years ahead of the hi-metal Valks in terms of engineering and plastic quality? I'm quite impressed by the Hi-metals. Looking forward to the VF-1A coming out in September

Are the Arcadia Valks hefty?

What I really dislike about the VF-1 toys from Yancadia are the legs. They just feel a bit too flimsy for my preferences.

Any reputable shops still taking preorders on the GX-71?

www.bigbadtoystore.com

Its 300 bucks, but because its Voltron, I don't mind spending that price

Edit: I counted my Valks minutes after posting this. And I realized that I already lose count. It's not more than 10 anymore. It's more than 20. And fyi, that's already a mix of Yamato/Arcadia 1/60's and Bandai DX's. Hahaha! :lol:

Wow, now I'm worried. I just saw the Arcadia VF-4G and I think I want that, but I would rather save for the Soul of Chogokin GX-71. Maybe I'll get the VF-4G next year :lol:

right now I'm just happy I have a high end Valk from the SDF series. That is what matters to me the most. It will look nice next to my Hi-Metal collection

Congrats & welcome to the club! Guaranteed this will not be your last 1/60 V.2 Valkyrie purchase.

As for a Hikaru 1A & 1S, one can only hope! B))

Thanks for the kind welcome!

Yeah, I'm very excited about it and I can only hope Hikaru gets some sort of reissue at all. His prices are insane in the aftermarket.

Wow, now I'm worried. I just saw the Arcadia VF-4G and I think I want that, but I would rather save for the Soul of Chogokin GX-71. Maybe I'll get the VF-4G next year :lol:

right now I'm just happy I have a high end Valk from the SDF series. That is what matters to me the most. It will look nice next to my Hi-Metal collection

Nah. I don't think the Arcadia will look nice besides the Hi-Metal. At his size, he will be by his lonesome. He needs a 'squadron' to lead. ;)

Yeah, you should've grabbed the Arcadia VF-4G when it went on-sale last June.

Thanks for the kind welcome!

Yeah, I'm very excited about it and I can only hope Hikaru gets some sort of reissue at all. His prices are insane in the aftermarket.

If that happens, I don't know what to do. Hahaha! :lol:

I'll probably just wait for a Hikaru VF-1A Arcadia 'white' just to stay consistent and official since I already have 2 Arcadia Hikaru reissues. In which I replaced one with the head of a Yamato 1A. ;)