Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

Too bad they did not use those colors on the VF-0D. That would have looked much nicer. But a hot pink VF-1S? That would be awesome! I could put hello kitty stickers on it in place of the macross kites.

Has there been any suggestion that a TV version of Roy will see a release from Arcadia? Would love to finally get one, not to mention a 1/60 with those option parts since I never got a Yamato.

Are those option parts available on their own anywhere?

Gah that price though. I was skimming through my HLJ order emails and back in 2009 the M&M 1/48s with super parts were 9900 each! 4900 each for 1/60 CF-1A in 2012! :(

It wouldn't be hard to convert the base valk to a TV Roy, just need to color the arrows on the head black instead of yellow. Pilot is a little trickier, since you'd need a TV style figured repainted in Roy's colors. Wouldn't have the puffy tv-style hands either, now that I think about it, but those might be easy to get a spare set of.

The FAST packs are just a different color all around though, and the arm packs are a different shape. The strike packs have always included the standard kite markings on the sticker sheets, along with black, red, blue, and green skull stickers, so you can kind of fake a TV set by leaving the strike cannon off, but it doesn't fix the other differences.

At around 20k-yen (hlj-pricing), I still don't get why this Strike-Roy doesn't seem to include the stand.

Iirc, the non-FP Roy and Hikaru 1S they did before both had included the stand for around 15k-yen (hlj-pricing).

Did somebody here mentioned the stand will be included via Arcadia's web-store purchase only?

At around 20k-yen (hlj-pricing), I still don't get why this Strike-Roy doesn't seem to include the stand.

Iirc, the non-FP Roy and Hikaru 1S they did before both had included the stand for around 15k-yen (hlj-pricing).

Did somebody here mentioned the stand will be included via Arcadia's web-store purchase only?

Yup. I posted something yesterday. Arcadia tweeted they already sold out limited 'simple stands' on their web online store for the first 10 VF-1S orders. ;)

They did say 'simple', right?

04202047_57176c371aa0f.jpg

:ph34r:

Edited by no3ljm

You guys realize a cherub pinches my ear every time someone mentions stands, right?

Yeah, the clown VF-1j came with a piece of acrylic with two 90° bends in it, and cut at a slant. Shaped like a "U".

Not sure if that is the "simple stand" they meant.

I remember their 30th-anniv clown-vf1 included a very mundane "simple stand".

Ofcourse, that's not it. I'm just poking fun at Arcadia, sir. :rolleyes:

It's curious for them to tweet something in which they don't have photo to show what that 'simple stand' is. :wacko:

I know about the VF-1J 30th 'simple stand'. ;) I just assumed they have something 'new' since this release has the Strike/Super Packs. And they didn't even mentioned on their tweet that it's the same one as the VF-1J's stand. :)

I know about the VF-1J 30th 'simple stand'. ;) I just assumed they have something 'new' since this release has the Strike/Super Packs. And they didn't even mentioned on their tweet that it's the same one as the VF-1J's stand. :)

It will be so totally hilarious if it turns out it is indeed the same "simple stand" from their unsold clown-valk.

Well, tragically hilarious given the pricing of their Strike-Roy even in yen...

:bump:

Edited by treatment

Something new for a limit of 10 pieces? No, that's "What do we have a few extras of?" territory.

It will be so totally hilarious if it turns out it is indeed the same "simple stand" from their unsold clown-valk.

Well, tragically hilarious given the pricing of their Strike-Roy even in yen...

:bump:

I'm pretty sure there's still more of that 'simple stands' leftovers after that initial 10 orders from Arcadia in time for Hikaru's VF-1S Strike/Super Valkyrie release. ;)

Here is a pic of the simple stand that they are referring to.

Which they were promoting with their online ordering of the YF-19

(just use the translating button on Crome or your browser of choice)

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=233

1/60 Perfect Transform YF-19 with Fast Pack (Online Only simple stand included)

post-2743-0-34461700-1462258462_thumb.jpg

These 10 might be left over from the recent YF-19 reissue (which were limited to 30)

Edited by F360

One hand I agree that at this price, perceived value goes up if more accessories, like a stand are included.

But seeing how things are it's more likely that the price would have been more if a stand or anything else were included.

I'm okay with the price, not thrilled, but not bothered - very middle of the road, or almost ambivalent really.

-b.

One hand I agree that at this price, perceived value goes up if more accessories, like a stand are included.

But seeing how things are it's more likely that the price would have been more if a stand or anything else were included.

I'm okay with the price, not thrilled, but not bothered - very middle of the road, or almost ambivalent really.

-b.

i think its kinda pricy, but as you said more accesories make it feel that it isnt. Anyway i dont like money, and i like macross stuff, so its a natural preoder! XD

It wouldn't be hard to convert the base valk to a TV Roy, just need to color the arrows on the head black instead of yellow. Pilot is a little trickier, since you'd need a TV style figured repainted in Roy's colors. Wouldn't have the puffy tv-style hands either, now that I think about it, but those might be easy to get a spare set of.

The FAST packs are just a different color all around though, and the arm packs are a different shape. The strike packs have always included the standard kite markings on the sticker sheets, along with black, red, blue, and green skull stickers, so you can kind of fake a TV set by leaving the strike cannon off, but it doesn't fix the other differences.

I know it's virtually the same thing. I keep repeating myself that I'm being too anal towards this. After all, when my friends come over and see my Valks they usually scream "Hey, it's the Robotech plane!"

I know it's virtually the same thing. I keep repeating myself that I'm being too anal towards this. After all, when my friends come over and see my Valks they usually scream "Hey, it's the Robotech plane!"

What?! They don't even call it as "Veritech"? :ph34r:

so.... no one knows about the option parts question I had? I tried searching for other threads about them but no luck. Basically wondering if there's any way to still get them by themselves or if anyone has 3D printed them?

so.... no one knows about the option parts question I had? I tried searching for other threads about them but no luck. Basically wondering if there's any way to still get them by themselves or if anyone has 3D printed them?

As far as I know there is no way to get the option parts separately, not sure if anyone tried via Shapeways, but I've not looked.

I don't recall anyone ever trying to sell the Yamato or Arcadia option parts on their own, but you could always try the Yahoo Japan auction site.

Good luck!

-b.

Decided to cancel my preorder on this, as it is already stupidly overpriced and quite clear it will not even include the Arcadia stand.

I'll prolly bite if/when the Booby Duck version gets offered.

Still in for the M&M and Ostrich if they ever offer them, tho...

I forgot who's selling those side and neck covers back then at Shapeways. It's not the same as the official ones. But I like the Shapeways one more since it helps locked the shoulder joint in place. ^_^

Well, the company that used to make then went out of business so you only want to look at the recent past and that's hard because every release has been different.

I appreciate the feedback. Prices seem everywhere in the aftermarket and the Yamato and Arcadia retail pricing doesn't seem to line up. But I guess this is the standard for me since I am a noob. How did I miss out on so much cool stuff?

I appreciate the feedback. Prices seem everywhere in the aftermarket and the Yamato and Arcadia retail pricing doesn't seem to line up. But I guess this is the standard for me since I am a noob. How did I miss out on so much cool stuff?

If you're just going to compare VF-1's then yes it's not going to line up since Arcadia pricing is already higher from the get-go compared when Yamato was still releasing them. And just so you know, Arcadia VF-1 releases are just the VF-1J anniversario, Roy's VF-1S DYRL, VF-1J with GBP, and the upcoming Roy's VF-1S with Strike/Super Parts DYRL. The ones you probably saw online are the rare Yamato releases or just plain VF-1's that's still not been reissued or remade by Arcadia. By doing this, it's making the old releases from Yamato go up. But once Arcadia decides to reissue the other variants, then for sure the prices from Yamato VF-1's from second market will definitely go down a little bit.

I am pretty new to this but what would be a good price for the Roy VF-1S? I don't know what the retail was on these in the past.

What they retail in the pass doesn't mean much. It's all about how much they cost now. If you want a Roy Vf-1s with fast packs then you should just preorder the Arcadia Vf-1s Roy strike pack set. If you only want a Roy Vf-1s the cheapest would be to split the cost of this combo with someone that only wants the fast packs . The split will not be 50/50 but you guys can work that out .

What they retail in the pass doesn't mean much. It's all about how much they cost now. If you want a Roy Vf-1s with fast packs then you should just preorder the Arcadia Vf-1s Roy strike pack set. If you only want a Roy Vf-1s the cheapest would be to split the cost of this combo with someone that only wants the fast packs . The split will not be 50/50 but you guys can work that out .

That's a good idea! Hey fortynickel, just PM me if ever you're going to get the bundle and don't need the packs. :rolleyes:

If you're just going to compare VF-1's then yes it's not going to line up since Arcadia pricing is already higher from the get-go compared when Yamato was still releasing them. And just so you know, Arcadia VF-1 releases are just the VF-1J anniversario, Roy's VF-1S DYRL, VF-1J with GBP, and the upcoming Roy's VF-1S with Strike/Super Parts DYRL. The ones you probably saw online are the rare Yamato releases or just plain VF-1's that's still not been reissued or remade by Arcadia. By doing this, it's making the old releases from Yamato go up. But once Arcadia decides to reissue the other variants, then for sure the prices from Yamato VF-1's from second market will definitely go down a little bit.

Don't forget the Hikaru DYRL VF-1S that came out with the first Roy DYRL VF-1S. ^_^

-b.