Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

For me I don't really see any issues with the differences in the white coloring of missiles. It's probably better if they don't match because they aren't part of the valk , they are missiles.

I know what you mean. the arm missile I will understand. ;) But don't you think it's kinda awkward to mount the off-white Reactive Missile holder underneath the pink hued VF-1 wing. :rolleyes:

Guest davidwhangchoi

I agree with you here, David. As much as I would like to have only the Packs, it won't justify for me to buy a set just to get the packs to match my Arcadia 1S Hikaru's and to dispose the Roy 1S that came with it. I should probably just wait and see if ever they will going to release a separate set and just sell the Yamato Packs that I have loose. Or if there's no separate release down the road, then I will just repaint those white arm pack missiles and the reactive missiles.

The only thing I fear is that Arcadia might release the other VF-1's with Packs (looking back at my Hikaru's VF-1's).

yeah, i think arcadia will burn alot of people who brought the roy or hikaru 1s arcadia then being forced to re-buy roy 1s again just for the strike packs. i'm almost certain they will release the packs separately later after securing pre-orders for roy. i wouldn't be surprised if hikaru 1s combo is next followed by strike packs released as a stand alone in conjunction with other dyrl vf-1 variants announced.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Maybe, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they don't do Hikaru for another six to nine months... they haven't seemed in a rush.

Truth.

Pretty sure, or I sure hope that there's a good business reason, but as a fan who wants to buy their products it sure is frustrating at times.

-b.

I know what you mean. the arm missile I will understand. ;) But don't you think it's kinda awkward to mount the off-white Reactive Missile holder underneath the pink hued VF-1 wing. :rolleyes:

I'm sure my mind will think of a way to explain it., It's a valk going into Trans-AM mode (Gundam 00) when they are about to make some space croissants. Of just put something red next to it and blame that.

Due to the white that Arcadia's been using , releasing the fastpacks standalone or bundle up, the end resulting appearance would be the same.

If Arcadia had a pair...They would re-release the dark grey LOW-VIS VF-1S Roy with MATCHING Super/Strike parts and see how quick they sell! :ph34r: ..OR finally give us a low vis 1:60 ver 2 of the 1:48 Low Vis! ...just sayin... <_< I'll let the pics do the talking..

The pics are talking and they are telling me to get my Credit card out.... well that is if Arcadia would make them.

At those prices I'm officially done collecting the 1/60 line. I already have that VF-1S with those Fast packs. In addition to the price there is also shipping. The 1/60 are at premium prices only. Which makes releasing another Me-type so confusing. Most collectors willing to pay more for a toy have likely already purchased that toy during one of its previous re-releases. If you want to sell toys at premium prices offer the obscure variants and obscure mecha.

At those prices I'm officially done collecting the 1/60 line. I already have that VF-1S with those Fast packs. In addition to the price there is also shipping. The 1/60 are at premium prices only. Which makes releasing another Me-type so confusing. Most collectors willing to pay more for a toy have likely already purchased that toy during one of its previous re-releases. If you want to sell toys at premium prices offer the obscure variants and obscure mecha.

So true, most everybody bought an Arcadia Roy vf-1 two years ago. I think they should release the fast packs separately and maybe a different valk, and then bundle fast packs on all future Vf-1 releases.

Wait.

Why is there any shock and awe about pricing? The Arcadia stand-alone VF-1S's were 16,800 JPY at retail, this is only a 5,000 JPY jump for the Super/Strike Parts.

Understood that what people find reasonable, or not, is subjective, but looking only at Arcadia's retail pricing for the Valkyrie itself this isn't bad at all.

-b.

So true, most everybody bought an Arcadia Roy vf-1 two years ago. I think they should release the fast packs separately and maybe a different valk, and then bundle fast packs on all future Vf-1 releases.

Arcadia is funny because that's what they're doing now. :lol: For sure they're tracking second-market prices and if they know that most people are willing to pay for $150-180 just for the Strike/Super Packs, consider the VF-1 that came with it is just an added bonus. ;)

[align=left]VF-1S Super 韋基利【Yamato 1/48 w Super Parts】Roy Focker[/align]

[align=left]Arcadia is going to release 1/60... I am going to forfeit this and grab the new one...[/align]http://gundamatefsf.blogspot.hk/2016/04/vf-1s-super-yamato-148-w-super-partsroy.html

[align=left][float=left]2016-04-18-23.jpg[/float][/align]

[align=left][float=left]2016-04-18-18.45.jpg[/float][/align][align=center][float=left]2016-04-18-18.48.jpg[/float][/align][align=center][float=left]2016-04-18-19.07.jpg[/float][/align][align=center][float=left]2016-04-18-22.33.jpg[/float][/align][align=center][float=left]2016-04-18-23.14.jpg[/float][/align][align=center][float=left]2016-04-18-23.18.jpg[/float]

[/align]

Wait.

Why is there any shock and awe about pricing? The Arcadia stand-alone VF-1S's were 16,800 JPY at retail, this is only a 5,000 JPY jump for the Super/Strike Parts.

Understood that what people find reasonable, or not, is subjective, but looking only at Arcadia's retail pricing for the Valkyrie itself this isn't bad at all.

-b.

Agree. I mean, for the Yamato bundle prices that's going on in second-market? The new price is not so bad. It's almost the same, if not, it's cheaper. And you will get no shoulder problem for one thing. But color-wise, that's a different issue. ;)

Personally, I sold off my Arcadia VF-1 Valkyries, but I'll give credit where it is due: those initial releases were quite solid. I would buy Arcadia's Roy 1S type again to get a VF-1 Valkyrie back in my collection with the same quality. That, and my original v2 Yamato needs to be replaced anyway. It has been well-used, being one of my favorite Valkyries to transform. It survived two broken shoulder hinges and a couple loose limbs—it has been around the block. If Arcadia improves on the original release by adding in things that were missing (the super parts, the tampo printing), then it makes it that much more valuable to me. The bonus being that I get to avoid shelling out for a replacement Yamato 1S at an even higher fee.

For those who are not interested, I guess it's good that Bandai is available as an alternative. There's a brand new line to collect, for one, and I also understand the need for frugality. But it's unfair to imply that Arcadia is the only one raising retail prices. Even Bandai is doing it, albeit it in a more subtle manner. But the HM-R line is more expensive than the original Hi-Metals, for example, and the DX line is also increasing in price. That said, I consider all these toys to be premium because they cost $100 US or more to import.

What I don't want to see is Arcadia to adopt the business practices of Yamato today. I think adopting Yamato's business practices would cause Arcadia to go out of business faster than any of us could say, Yak Deculture! Then, there would be no alternatives other than Bandai and the odd third party and that would be an unfortunate result.

Does it come with the Arcadia stand? If it does, the price makes a lot more sense.

I'm not sure that's their standard now to include the stands. :unsure: Probably they're just gonna do another limited run for the first 20 preorders within Japan. But I think that's too much because with VF-4G they just offered Gunpod.

And how big the box going to be with the stand included? ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

Does it come with the Arcadia stand? If it does, the price makes a lot more sense.

Naw, this bundle doesn't need the stand at all for this pricing to make sense.

Because a lot of people didn't find the display stand that was included in the first Arcadia releases worth the bump in MSRP, however, let's look at MRSP.

Arcadia VF-1S with Stand: 16800 JPY

Arcadia 'Simple' Stand: 2700 JPY

Arcadia VF-1S with Fast Packs: 21800 JPY

Do the math, that's 7700 JPY for Fast Packs. Still not worth getting upset over. IMHO

*prices come from HLJ and Arcadia's Tweet.

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Because a lot of people didn't find the display stand that was included in the first Arcadia releases worth the bump in MSRP, however, let's look at MRSP.

Do the math, that's 7700 JPY for Fast Packs. Still not worth getting upset over. IMHO

-b.

Super parts used to be a 3k premium.

Guest davidwhangchoi

-b.

agree and will be cheaper w/ retail pre order discounts